Official MVP 06: MLB FINAL issues thread

krawhitham

i wish i was on the ff team. did you guys just pick them or did people volunteer and i missed out. i hadnt even heard of the idea until today when i saw that 06 was released

The teams were picked a while ago. There was a topic somewhere and Kraw got info and made the teams up.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem!

Ok, I played an exhibition game without even touching the rosters and everything was great.

I quit MVP, went to work came home and loaded up MVP again. Without touching the rosters again I went to exhibiton..etcetc and started a new game.

The time, the rosters were different?

I noticed Melky had high socks, Damon had a different stance, Proctor also had high socks and I also had karstens and Hughes in my bullpen.

Uhm, so I quit, loaded the epic roster file and hughes wasnt even in the game? I quit mvp and re loaded it, went to the roster manager and karstens and hughes were no place to be found!?

So i downloaded the latest version of UR and still cant figure out how to use them, LOL. I put the files into the data/database folder and my game crashes (yes i have the ea patches)

So I'm sort of stuck, I want Hughes and them back!

This isn't a issue, but a question. I downloaded and installed the MVP06 mod. Great job! Since MVP2005 came out, I've downloaded the modded stadiums as they've become available. Some of them are pretty big (e.g. Pirate's Ameriquest Arlington night stadium has a size of 18 Mb).

When I look at the same stadium in the MVP06 mod (and the readme file says that this is one of the included stadiums), I notice that it only has a size of 4.3 Mb. Many of the modded stadiums in the MVP06 mod are smaller.

Here's my question: Were parts of the modded files compressed (e.g. the cram32 file) to make them smaller, and thus less likely to cause slowdowns or crashes?

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I can't install the file at all. I downloaded the whole thing and have it saved to my computer, but when I try to open/use/whatever term you like to use, it stops at about 80% and says that there's a broken header or something along those lines. This happened when I tried to use both Winace and Zipgenius to extract it. Does anyone know what the reason is for this, as it doesn't seem to have been a problem for others?

This isn't a issue, but a question. I downloaded and installed the MVP06 mod. Great job! Since MVP2005 came out, I've downloaded the modded stadiums as they've become available. Some of them are pretty big (e.g. Pirate's Ameriquest Arlington night stadium has a size of 18 Mb).

When I look at the same stadium in the MVP06 mod (and the readme file says that this is one of the included stadiums), I notice that it only has a size of 4.3 Mb. Many of the modded stadiums in the MVP06 mod are smaller.

Here's my question: Were parts of the modded files compressed (e.g. the cram32 file) to make them smaller, and thus less likely to cause slowdowns or crashes?

compressed Cram32.fsh files makes it LESS likey to crash

and yes that is why they are smaller

A copy of stadiums I had to reduces the size of the graphics inside the cram32.fsh because they would crash on some systems

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I can't install the file at all. I downloaded the whole thing and have it saved to my computer, but when I try to open/use/whatever term you like to use, it stops at about 80% and says that there's a broken header or something along those lines. This happened when I tried to use both Winace and Zipgenius to extract it. Does anyone know what the reason is for this, as it doesn't seem to have been a problem for others?

use the lastest version of WINRAR to unpack the file

also check this thread for some PAR2 files that can fix a bad download

compressed Cram32.fsh files makes it LESS likey to crash

and yes that is why they are smaller

A copy of stadiums I had to reduces the size of the graphics inside the cram32.fsh because they would crash on some systems

Thanks. Does this affect the quality of the graphics in the stadiums (e.g. make them a little fuzzier)? I've tried to do some comparisons (i.e. start one game with the smaller version, close the game, and then restart it with a bigger version), but it's hard to tell whether I'm seeing an actual difference or if I just think I'm seeing a small difference.

Is this MVP 06 an upgrade to MVP2005.

Yes. It requires a fresh installation of MVP 2005.

Do you people still have problem with crashes.

This thread is the reason for these issues.

When you install this Mod does it override the season you are in.

I would believe so, as it includes fresh .sav files for you to use and you can change your team accordingly.

I am crashing whenever I try to play at Fenway too.

Other than that, I haven't had any real problems. The game looks great. You guys did a great job, thank you. This is 1000% better than anything than EA would have put out.

How much memory does you computer have? how much memory does your video card have?

Just wondering I know how to fix it, I have to downsize some graphics in the stadium

Thanks. Does this affect the quality of the graphics in the stadiums (e.g. make them a little fuzzier)? I've tried to do some comparisons (i.e. start one game with the smaller version, close the game, and then restart it with a bigger version), but it's hard to tell whether I'm seeing an actual difference or if I just think I'm seeing a small difference.

No it is a lossless compression

Not really a complaint, more of a question...the moders and fanatics didn't get logos and unis in this update right?

I completely forgot about the logos, the uniforms I knew about.

I need to find the uniforms from last year.

If someone wants to do logos, I will include them in the 2nd fix

Trues might be talked into making a moders/fanatics overlay

Archived