the Official Total real Big Mac - Home of Homer's Mods

Homer

This weekend I plan to start scanning all my Score baseball cards that have a good headshot and I can e-mail them to you instead of cluttering up your thread, if that's OK. I'll send to you and JScand since you both have benn so helpful with this.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah so far i have been able to use most of them...some not of course. but if we can get better scans, all the better. we can't expect mlbpresspass material here.

but just as an example, here's the kind of pics i can get when i scan my baseball cards in. so as you can see, pretty similar to your scans too...now i'm just working on finding a decent face model for him.

edit: hmmm...i just discovered something about this. when i uploaded it to imageshack and then redownloaded the picture, it turns out i lost some resolution and image size...so i think it will be best if you just upload them zipped up and ship them. i think we'll get the best quality that way.

thanks guys. DJ, key was especially made for you :) i kept looking at that portrait of him and thinking, "dang, there's gotta be something i could do with that." and i stared at it long enough until i had a revelation. and that's the result. wish they all turned out like that.

i'd really like to do a joe carter and juan guzman face. if anyone out there has good pics, i could use them. the ones i have just aren't working for me.

Honestly, the EA face for Torii Hunter looks so much like Joe Carter, I don't know that there's much point. Blue Jays from that era who really don't look like anybody else include Tom Henke, Rance Mulliniks and Duane Ward (hint, hint). You could also make a serviceable Devon White by reskinning Fonzie Soriano. Their heads are much the same shape. I'll see if I have some pics. I did scan a 1991 Score set a while back.

Any release date on that super-duper Jimmy Key face?

tebjr, thank you for the carter pic. i'll see what i can do with it.

davidc, i'll be more than happy to take requests. if you've got pics, please lend me a hand. tebjr is doing something similar with his score set. if you want, please scan them in and let me know, and i'll give you my email. and yes, duane ward was on my list to at some point. again, the point of these is just to add some flavor to the game. if i can get one of joe carter, all the better for me.

devon white was another one i wanted to do, but my pic wasn't making it easy on me. he's one i will do for sure, just need a better pic.

tebjr, thank you for the carter pic. i'll see what i can do with it.

davidc, i'll be more than happy to take requests. if you've got pics, please lend me a hand. tebjr is doing something similar with his score set. if you want, please scan them in and let me know, and i'll give you my email. and yes, duane ward was on my list to at some point. again, the point of these is just to add some flavor to the game. if i can get one of joe carter, all the better for me.

devon white was another one i wanted to do, but my pic wasn't making it easy on me. he's one i will do for sure, just need a better pic.

See what I can do. And my mother said there was no point in hanging onto those baseball cards!! BTW, I was pleasantly surprised that Bill James included Devon White in his top 100 centrefielders of all time (#91, to be precise) in the New Historical Abstract.

Archived