the Official Total real Big Mac - Home of Homer's Mods

Homer

Any release date on that super-duper Jimmy Key face?

i usually just like to release them in one big pack. so whenever i get a significant amount done. otherwise, if you absolutely can't wait, just pm and i'll send it over to you.

again, thanks for all the pics guys. i really appreciate it.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolutely not. when you guys post the picture, i just download them and create a folder for each player. this way i know to get around to them when i can. the more pics i can gather, the better. once i get each pic, it's a matter of doing them. usually what happens is that i must find a good model match to start with. sometimes it's easy, but sometimes it's not. occasionally i can't think of a good match to start with (such as jimmy key), but somewhere down the road, for some reason i get this revelation and think of a good model to start with. yeah, so don't feel like you're bombarding me. you're actually helping. they'll just go into my to do list. believe, there's still some from your posts from weeks ago that i still want to tackle.

The guy covered more ground than anyone I've seen. He was a gazelle out there.

Probably my favourite player to watch from that era (well, OK, him and Puck), but still Bill James usually isn't big on leadoff hitters with a career OBP of .319...

still one of my favorites from that era too. there were a lot of good cf's during that time. where do griffey and puckett rank on that list?

Griffey's #7, Puck's #8. The top 10, since I know someone's going to ask eventually:

1) Mays

2) Cobb

3) Mantle

4) Speaker

5) DiMaggio

6) Duke Snider

7) Griffey

8) Puckett

9) Billy Hamilton (1890's player)

10) Jimmy Wynn

Keep in mind that James wrote this book in 2000, so it's not entirely up to date.

Bill James uses a metric called "win shares", which basically converts a player's overall performance into a fractional expression of his team's performance - in other words, the team won x number of extra games because this player was in the lineup.

If your into baseball history as much as I am, the softcover edition of this book might be the best 26 bucks you ever spent. A day doesn't go by when I;m not looking up something or another (Obviously, I brought it to work today!!)

i'm sure some of them will have to. i'm looking through them. the ones that are even just slightly turned ... more than likely. i just find that i get horrible results with those types of pics. but hell, not everyone can have a face. who knows, maybe as i'm working along i'll have a revelation of sorts with these (keeping fingers crossed).

baylor's on my list. i'm definitley gonna try it. i have a recent pic posted earlier in this thread to kg. if someone has one of him young, that'd be great too. i'll get some more done soon. i'm taking the week off here as my gf's in town for the time being.

Archived