the Official Total real Big Mac - Home of Homer's Mods

Homer

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you still need them, but here are some large but grainy scans of Mike Scott:

http://www.ericnewsom.com/baseball/mikescott.jpg

And Terry Puhl, Bob Knepper, Dave Smith and Davey Lopes:

http://www.ericnewsom.com/baseball/stros.jpg

And Dickie Thon, Billy Hatcher and Nolan Ryan:

http://www.ericnewsom.com/baseball/stros2.jpg

Hope these help, despite the quality of the scan!

--Eric

thought i could make a good update on the homerun king. but this may be one of those cases where i made the texture look too real.

Edit: here's the update, again. i like this one better.

i had a really good pic for aaron to start out with, which is rare for these classic faces... but basically goes like this:

1. start with a decent model, and then find base texture i want to match the skin tone. use the clone tool to texture over the eyeybrows, and anything else that may show up that i don't want.

2. lasso tool to cut out the face i'm using

3. then hide the base texture, and use the line tools on the model texture to make markers for where i'm going to line the eyes, nose, and mouth with.

4. unhide the base texture, then paste in my face and resize and align as much as possible.

5. if it doesn't line up perfectly, i'll use the lasso tool again to copy pieces of my face to copy and paste on top. then line up the pieces i need and use the eraser at 10% to blend in the pieces to the face. i had to do this quite a bit with the mouth since i didn't want the teeth to show like in the picture. had to use the warp tool too to get rid of the smile. then use the adjustment tools to match up the skin tones. if the lips happen to change color too much, i cut out a piece of the lips and paste it right on top, then recolor it to my desire and blend it in with the eraser.

6. once the skin tone matches alright, again use the eraser to blend it in to the base texture. this part just takes practice as there are parts of the face you'll always want to erase and others to leave.

7. use the clone tool to make whatever last corrections i need to make.

8. then i may or may not do one of two things, use the sharpen tool at low opacity or just use the sharpen filter to add a little extra texture to the skin tone. if using the tool, i concentrate on the cheek, the lips, and the the chin.

9. color in the eyes.

10. use a white paintbrush at no more than 10% and color in the lighting on the face. usual spots are tip of the nose, between the eyes, on the cheek along the ridge of the mouth, tip of the chin, and just slightly across the bottom lip.

then i test it over and over and make up finishing touches. usually having to use the paintbrush and clone tool combo to fill in bad spots. hope that helps.

the result looks something like this. we always pray they turn out like this:

i'd like to do a Ted Kluszewski face some time...i need better pics. anyone who can help that'd be great. maybe a baseball card lying around, or maybe a good portrait (fingers crossed).

Archived