Zune Media Player

JoeyMcM93

Microsoft has just released the Zune Media Player. This is Microsoft's rival to the iPod. With Microsoft's wave of new programs, software, and of course the Vista Operating System, this is just another piece of hardware they are releasing around this time. Is anyone interested in the media player? DOes anyone think it will make a run at the iPod? Discussion below...

I have a 1 GB iRiver that I got by constantly taking back my old mp3 players to Best Buy (w/insurance program) and stating that there was something wrong with it. The first one I got was a quarter of that compacity. Everytime I took it back I ended paring like $30 more one the "upgrade". New insurance had to be bought. Im thinking that 1 GB is good as all I usually use it for is when I go running. I never were it around when Im wallking on campus.

Am I the only person on the face of the earth without an iPod?

I didn't have one for a long time, but I finally got one about 6 months ago and I really do love it. I no longer need to spend the time burning CD's... I spend a lot of time in my truck driving hither and yon, and I go running (less during the winter, or as I call it these days, "fatter") so it made sense for me - I use it a lot.

It's not gonna be a big deal for people that don't listen to music "on the go" a lot, or are definately happy with the radio - but for me it's been great. And the occasional SNL episode or Strong Bad Email at work is great with the video option. lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I have thought of buying one but I would rather go with a Zen Creative Labs W or M.

Also, this Zune thingy - it says something about wireless music transfer. What do they mean?

You can give someone the music on your Zune for up to 3 days or 3 plays. You transfer it wirelessly to another persons Zune.

dont have an Ipod, dont need a 250 dollar one.

there are some out there for like 20 or 30 bucks that will suit me just fine, and are what I asked for Christmas.

Also, with the Zune, I heard that with the wireless kit on the 360 you could xfer files wirelessly from Zune to the 360.

Archived