"The Curtis Files"

abc006

not sure this is the right forum, but it's not really a dynasty so...

curtisbanner.jpg

The Curtis Files: The life and times of Curtis Dell Graham

I will attempt to create an imaginary player, completely from scratch. I will chronicle his life through e-mail messages, blogs, news articles, tv show transcripts, photos, drawings, etc.. I've basically nothing planned out except his name, his position, the kind of person he was, and when he played. I'm going to purposely make things up along the way, not really knowing where it will take me. I'm always open to advice, suggestions, etc., so please don't hesitate to comment.

Keep in Mind: All names, events, peolpe or places pretaining to real life is purely coincidental, as is e-mail adresses, phone numbers, zip codes, etc.. This is purely fictional.

note: I might need some help putting his name on the back of jerseys and such for images (i'll never show his face), and so if you think you can help with this, please pm me. thanks alot!

First post coming very soon!

We first begin out story in the year of 2022...

nytimesfullpage.jpg

Note: When it says "John M. Smith caputres the life and times..." it should be "abc006 captures the life and times..." just a little error to point out so you don't get too confused.

curtisbanner.jpg

transcript of two e-mail messages:

yahoomailmessage1.jpg

yahoomailmessage2.jpg

i apologize for the two identical ads on the right XD

Wow, i realized i'm actually making alot of mistakes with the dates. It says November 22, 2006, but it should say November 26, 2022. :roll:

curtisbanner.jpg

note: i don't really know alot about Cleveland. I got help from choosing a college in Cleveland, and that's about it. Just kind of... guessing.

Excerpt from interview conducted by espn.com on 3/28/10:

espn.com: Tell us about your family and growing up in Cleveland.

Curtis Dell Graham: Oh, well, my family -- that's my ma and pa, and my two older sisters -- well, they've always been supported of me. And you know, that's always the most important thing. Uh-- my mom was a secretary in a small independent publishing company. My dad was actually a kind of part-time writer, but he taught literature at Case Western. But both of my parent's loved baseball, always have, so I was born on baseball statistics, the game, the players, teams, everything. And I was kind of a geek in school-- i mean i was a decent player, but there was always the guy batting in front of me, big and strong who actually was only hitting .182 -- and so i was never regarded as a good athlete. I guess it was really the knowledge that I had that made me any good at all.

fig. 1: A Polaroid photo of Graham up at bat in a little league game - he was 10 at the time. "Deli" was the affectionate name for Curtis. That's his mother's handwriting. The faded circle is most likely a coffee stain*. east_bay_area17.jpg

fig. 2: A photo of the Graham house. Also his mother's handwriting.

oldhouse.jpg

*ok, fine, it's a watermark.

curtisbanner.jpg

A note from Rick Duncan:

This is one of the strangest interviews I've ever read. I've never quite seen something like it -- I still don't know if they were 100% serious or not - My guess is sadly they were serious.

Excerpt from "The Bi-Monthly but actually more like only one issue a year Clevelandionian" (high school newspaper) Profile-a-Student series.

note: all spelling, punctuation, capitals, italics, and abbreviations direct from the newspaper.

The Bi-Monthly but actually more like only one issue a year Clevelandionian: Hi! I'm here with student CURTIS DELL GRAHAM. Most kids call him Deli. Actually, nobody really does, but it's a kind of a neat nickname. Anyway, so Deli - What's your all-time favorite book?

Curtis "Deli" Graham: Well, I love the Base--

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC: Besides The Baseball Encyclopedia. Everybody knows that, dork... Actually how about your least favorite book?

Deli: The Bi-Monthly but actually more like only one issue a year Clevelandionian?

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC: WRONG! disqualified, cause it's a newspaper thingamajig.

DeliL Well, then, I guess I'd have to say--

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC:So, like, what's your favorite thing to do?

Deli: Could I finish what I was saying?

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC:NO.

DeliOk, then...Uuh... let's see... I like to leaf through the Baseball Encyclopedia - almost as much as playing baseball itself.

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC: Yeah, like you're on the team, right?

Delli: Yes, I am.

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC: So like, what do you play?

Deli: Baseball?

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC: No, dummy, what do you play in the baseball?

Deli: In the baseabll? I don't play in the baseball, I play the Game of Baseball.

tB-MbAMLO1IaYC: Well, obviously, like everyone knows that. Umm...

Deli: Are you okay? You look kind of pale...

End of Interview

Below, a report card of Curtis' from 2nd grade.

reprotcard.jpg

curtisbanner.jpg

High School Senior Year ('03) Statistics of Graham:

not sure if these statistics are entirely accurate or not for a high school team.

35 Games .478 AVG 9 HR 23 RBI .524 OBP 26 SB

Team Leader in bold

below: Graham attempting to bunt

high_school_pitcher.jpg

Archived