D_Skin Disc Protectors

Yankee4Life

Over the holidays, I was at Staples and I saw this product called d_skin disc protectors. I was curious to see how good it was, and since I had a little money when I was there, I bought a five pack of these things and I used two of them on my MVP 2005 CD's to protect them.

They work great. You slip them on and they stay there. You can keep them in the CD drive while you are playing your game, or if you are re-installing for some reason. It protects the CD so it does not get scratched. I recommend these to anyone who wants to protect their game (or anything you really need to access.)

The only downside of this is the cost of it. At Staples, where I got it, it was $5.98 for a five pack. For a twenty pack, it was $19.99. That's why I only got the five pack, just to protect my MVP discs. Give them a shot, it is a good investment.

I had to go to Staples this afternoon and while there I picked up a 5-pack of d_skins. I put one on one of my MVP CD's when I got home and it works well.

When I put the CD in my laptop CD drive, it was a little tight closing the drive, however, when I started the game, it played fine and there was no extra noise when the disk spun.

I've got two copies of MVP2005, so I plan to put d_skins on all 4 disks. Thanks Y4L for telling us about these!

it sounds like a great idea, but also, I think you should consider making an actual back-up copy of the disc to have just in case. I'm not suggesting pirating or anything, but a personal back-up is a valuable thing to have... especially for a hard to find disc like MVP.

it sounds like a great idea, but also, I think you should consider making an actual back-up copy of the disc to have just in case. I'm not suggesting pirating or anything, but a personal back-up is a valuable thing to have... especially for a hard to find disc like MVP.

Definitely, I made a backup a long time ago, I have it sitting on my hard drive just in case I lose or scratch the disc.

Archived