Pitcher Recovery Mod

superdee

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh... this is it... makes sense now... Now things like Pitcher Fatigue and Bullpen Grace make much more of an impact on things, (I must now re-evaluate these sliders) even mound visits are much more interesting...

I think this is a huge step for this game... finally it can be played with more of a simulation sense, not arcade. Thank you so much Tywiggins,... after a few preliminary tests it is exciting to see these type of results... I have seen even starters who have been taken past that 25% point and come to their next start in the high 80-90% range of stamina, still more than enough to make a quality start if they are efficient...

and the relievers, well, I don't know what to say other than this is it, what I have always wanted... now you can't just wheel the guy out there every night at 100%.

Also, this makes much more of pitcher stamina, now the guys who have alot of stamina are more valuable in a way... before it didn't matter since you could just throw anybody and everybody for almost as long as you want... now if you get blown out you have to choose wisely and not burn out your guys...

On a low note... The 'off days' do not allow you to run the system, so when on the 'off day' the game will revert to its default recovery, however, I think since the formula is relatively easy to follow I think with a little extra work the a dynasty can be edited with mvpedit (haven't tried that action yet) on off days as to not throw off what would otherwise be run with 'staminachanger'

Well, I could go on, but then I wouldn't be enjoying it... I'll test the MVPedit in dynasty to make sure everything runs smoothly...

Can the stamina program be run whenever you want or does it have to be directly after a game? If it could be run whenever, you could just run it on off days.

I don't know exactly how the program works, but it's just a thought.

Actually, if you know you have an off day on the following day, you can run the program twice instead of once.

The stamina program edits the pitcher's info in the boxscore portion of the memory.

Actually, if you know you have an off day on the following day, you can run the program twice instead of once.

The stamina program edits the pitcher's info in the boxscore portion of the memory.

Oh my... you're an animal tywiggins, in the best sense... :) Wow...

Awesome, awesome, awesome mod!

I currently have NO pitchers on my staff at 100%...I know that has never happened before. I adjusted the numbers in the stamina.txt file, and probably went a little too extreme, but I love it.

On a side note, would it be possible to have the app generate a little sound or something when it executes? I ask only because if you run it in 'minimized' mode, you can't be certain that it actually ran...I think I may have ran it twice last game. I have a dual monitor set up and I've taken to leaving the task manager open on the second screen so I can see it run, but a little tone would be nice. (I'm not currently using the box score generator, just the stamina mod).

Anyways, I love this mod. Great work tywiggins!

I currently have NO pitchers on my staff at 100%...I know that has never happened before. I adjusted the numbers in the stamina.txt file, and probably went a little too extreme, but I love it.

On a side note, would it be possible to have the app generate a little sound or something when it executes? I ask only because if you run it in 'minimized' mode, you can't be certain that it actually ran...I think I may have ran it twice last game. I have a dual monitor set up and I've taken to leaving the task manager open on the second screen so I can see it run, but a little tone would be nice. (I'm not currently using the box score generator, just the stamina mod).

yep isn't it!! I love it too... I have been messing with some extreme settings too... although I am beginning to settle with using Line1; 0.08 and Line2; 6

It is working beautifully... I love having to manage my staff for a change...

That's a good idea. I find myself minimizing the game to make sure that the boxscore is created after I press the shortcut key.

It shouldn't be very hard to do.

Is this a stand alone version or still connected with the Box Score Extractor?

The only change is the sound playing when it's done.

You can run the StaminaChanger by itself. But, it should be run when the game is over. Which is why I have BSEexpress automatically run the program when the game is over.

The only information that BSEexpress passes along to the StaminaChanger is the memory address. The StaminaChanger then verifies the memory address. If it isn't correct, it will find the memory address on it's own.

I will upload the StaminaChanger as a separate program.

Here's a version of the Stamina Changer that plays the Windows Exclamation sound right before it's finished.

Thank you kind sir, the sound works perfectly.

I didn't realize that it worked on the whole staff, I just thought it worked on the pitchers that worked in the game (ie. those shown in the box score).

I was using pretty aggressive numbers, and now I have no-one available to start the next game :D I'll have to make a call to the farm team :)

I love the idea of having to manage the bullpen.

Once again, great work tywiggins.

I used this but i have windows Vista - will it still work?

Plus im not quite sure how it works?

After a game do i just alt tab and than run it?

I am not sure about Vista yet... Which program are you using exactly? just the stamina.exe or bsexpress.exe? I would suggest using the bsexpress that comes with the original download, (http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/get=3243.html) so you know that you are executing the file at the right time when a boxscore of the game is created. Also check what the values are inside the stamina.txt file that comes with it...

I used this but i have windows Vista - will it still work?

Plus im not quite sure how it works?

After a game do i just alt tab and than run it?

Yes, after a game just minimize the game and run the program. Also, if you look in the boxscore extractor thread or the boxscore extractor readme file, I give instructions on how to run it without minimizing the game.

I just tested it in Vista. There were no problems. Also, I didn't have to run it in compatibility mode, but it worked fine that way too.

Archived