Pitcher Recovery Mod

superdee

How do you search in the .exe file? Why can't it in be in the datafile? Are you 100% sure that you have the correct formula?

I opened the .exe file in a hex editor. I'm not a datafile expert, but I looked through the datafile and didn't see anything remotely close to what I was looking for.

I'm not 100% sure that the formula is exactly right.

I mean for all I know, it could be 0.150000000001 instead of 0.15.

That result between the two would be identical.

Or maybe the programmers did something else to get to 0.15 without explicitly defining a variable to be 0.15. Such as 3 * 0.05.

The formula as I posted it fit every case that I tested.

13 for max stamina = (11.95) rounded down = 11 which matched what occurred in the game.

14 for max stamina = (12.1) rounded down = 12 which matched what occurred in the game.

It also matched the 15 other ones I tested.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tywiggins, I don't know if I'm wrong, but I tried to calculate the formula mathematically.

I made a chart of different max staminas, and simulated days to see how much they recovered per day.

I got:

The amount of stamina recovered per day is ((max stamina/6)+8.5) rounded.

I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I hope I helped in some way.

Tywiggins, I don't know if I'm wrong, but I tried to calculate the formula mathematically.

I made a chart of different max staminas, and simulated days to see how much they recovered per day.

I got:

The amount of stamina recovered per day is ((max stamina/6)+8.5) rounded.

I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I hope I helped in some way.

That doesn't fit with 14 for max stamina.

It also doesn't fit with 90 if you're saying rounded instead of rounded down.

With your formula I got 23.5 - Rounded it would be 24.

Actual value in game is 23.

You made a pitcher with 14 max stamina?

If you have time, could you make me a chart with the players and their recovered stamina?

Can't you do that?

Here are the ones that I have:

100 - 25

99 - 24

90 - 23

89 - 23

81 - 22

70 - 20

60 - 19

50 - 17

40 - 16

30 - 14

20 - 13

16 - 12

14 - 12

13 - 11

12 - 11

11 - 11

By the way your formula doesn't fit with 40 either, or 20, or 99.

Oh, sorry, tywiggins. After I used those stats to generate a line of best fit, I got, for y=ax+b, a approximately equal to .1514827773, and b approximately equal to 9.535699504. (In other words, what you have.)

Sorry.

No problem. Testing at the low end is what made me think that the constant to be added (B) was 10. After that I just solved your equation for y = 25, x = 100, b = 10, which gave me a = 0.15.

Then I checked the formula against against all of the other max staminas and stamina gains that I collected, and it matched all of them when I rounded them down.

I agree on not seeing the same pitchers in the same 3 game series. I get different starters, of course, thats natural, but the bullpen is ridiculously repetitive. They even use the closer out of order in most sequences.

I was up in all 3 games I played to start the season, and in the second game, they brought in the closer to pitch, even though they never had a lead. Maybe they were trying to keep me from scoring....lol

Anyway, a balanced pitcher recovery system would be a sweet mod. Props again, if you guys can somehow work that MVPMOD magic one more time.

*crosses fingers*

:)

I finished. It's included with the new version of the BoxScoreExtractor.

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3243.html

Outstanding tywiggins, I am testing now to see the results, preliminary stuff looks very promising, I threw 2 IP around 20 something pitches with Rivera and the next day he was almost unusable at 15/37 40% ... meaning if I had tried to throw with him, I'd be looking at 1 IP (15 pitches) before he was probably too tired to continue and of no use the day after, that is way it should be if you ask me... Of course, I have my pitcher fatigue set to +12 so that certainly plays a role on how long I can use him in the game and how fast his stamina goes down, nonetheless, I will try to put together a solid track to follow progress... Thanks again...

Post an example of a Max Stamina where the Durability matters.

Curt Schilling- 92 Stamina, 70 Durability, 66% stamina after game.

9.25 + 1.05 + 13.8 = 24.1

66% of 92 is 60.72

60.72 + 24.1 = 84.82 (rounded down)

schilling.png

Curt Schilling- 92 Stamina, 70 Durability, 66% stamina after game.

9.25 + 1.05 + 13.8 = 24.1

66% of 92 is 60.72

60.72 + 24.1 = 84.82 (rounded down)

schilling.png

That actually proves atlbraves formula wrong.

First with my formula, I get +23 stamina for 92 stamina.

In the game, I also get +23 stamina for the player.

With atlbraves formula, I get +24 stamina for 92 stamina and 70 durability.

In your example, Schilling would have had to have 61/92 stamina. Stamina is stored as an integer.

60/92 stamina = 65.2%

61/92 stamina = 66.3%

62/92 stamina = 67.4%

I'm confused. If I don't use the box score extractor after each game, the stamina won't work right in this mod?

You can either run the BoxScoreExtractor after each of your games, or run the StaminaChanger program that is included with the BoxScoreExtractor seperately after each of your games.

ok, looks like 'off days' are throwing off this system... it is especially evident in Spring Training, although I don't care too much about ST stamina info as I am just looking at guys and not really trying to manage the bullpen.

I am wondering how this can be done when there is an off day during the regular season... You think if the the minor league game gets the 'StaminaChanger' run on it if it will work on the whole roster? If not what do you suggest? I will continue to test... now trying values Line 1; 1 Line 2; 10 in stamina.txt

ok, looks like 'off days' are throwing off this system... it is especially evident in Spring Training, although I don't care too much about ST stamina info as I am just looking at guys and not really trying to manage the bullpen.

I am wondering how this can be done when there is an off day during the regular season... You think if the the minor league game gets the 'StaminaChanger' run on it if it will work on the whole roster? If not what do you suggest? I will continue to test... now trying values Line 1; 1 Line 2; 10 in stamina.txt

I included the wrong stamina.txt file. The values I meant to include are:

Archived