Pitcher Recovery Mod

superdee

I would like to see if it is possible to lower the rate at which pitchers recover from day to day. I know several posts have been made in reference to adjusting pitcher fatigue sliders and so on, but that does not change this constant.

I am curious to where this information is even stored, you don't see pitch counts in the boxscore all you get is the END numbers carried over and those are reflected no where but on the rosters themselves.

I think a mod like this would improve bullpen management greatly.

If tywiggins or someone would like to get involved in this project I would love to help, but I am not sure where to start. I have searched the datafile for potential lines but haven't been able to come up with anything. Let me know what you think...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I'll be able to do this. But it is something that I would also like done. Right now I'm trying to find out how much stamina a pitcher recovers every day. It seems to be different for different players.

I think it's based on your stamina rating. I think you recover percentage based. Maybe I'm dead wrong? (Wouldn't be the first time)

This is what I came up with:

Each pitcher recovers:

10 + 15% of Max stamina -- Rounded down.

Part of the problem is that pitchers don't get taken down all the way to 0 when pitching, they become difficult to control (depending on settings) below 25%. So this throws off what I imagine EA intended for picther recovery. The AI pitching logic is weak as it is, but one thing that could effect it's logic is a change in this setting if it as all possible. I am not sure how it would effect simmed games if at all, but one thing at a time.

Tywiggins, have you been able to find in the transfer from (like in your boxscore program) end game back to rosters where this info is stored and how it is stored, perhaps we could effect change how it sent back to roster and change how much fatigue the pitcher has after the game? Maybe this is not the best route... It would make things easier if the recovery time was based on pitch counts rather than this confusing system... at least we could say you throw 100 or above as a starter and your on the shelf for 4 days, or for a middle-reliever you throw 25 pitches and you're not going to have enough to throw the next day effectively... But it seems as if it would need to be a dramatic effect because as it is now, you can almost use anybody on any given day and repeatedly...

Part of the problem is that pitchers don't get taken down all the way to 0 when pitching, they become difficult to control (depending on settings) below 25%. So this throws off what I imagine EA intended for picther recovery. The AI pitching logic is weak as it is, but one thing that could effect it's logic is a change in this setting if it as all possible. I am not sure how it would effect simmed games if at all, but one thing at a time.

Tywiggins, have you been able to find in the transfer from (like in your boxscore program) end game back to rosters where this info is stored and how it is stored, perhaps we could effect change how it sent back to roster and change how much fatigue the pitcher has after the game? Maybe this is not the best route... It would make things easier if the recovery time was based on pitch counts rather than this confusing system... at least we could say you throw 100 or above as a starter and your on the shelf for 4 days, or for a middle-reliever you throw 25 pitches and you're not going to have enough to throw the next day effectively... But it seems as if it would need to be a dramatic effect because as it is now, you can almost use anybody on any given day and repeatedly...

If I can find and alter the formula, that should be good enough.

If the formula were altered to 6 + 7.5%

Day 1: Starting pitcher with 94 stamina. Has 30/94 stamina at end of the game.

Day 2: 43/94

Day 3: 56/94

Day 4: 69/94

Day 5: 82/94

Day 6: 94/94

With the Current formula:

Day2: 54/94

Day3: 78/94

Day4: 94/94

i thought it might because i noticed sometimes with catchers that have low durability their energy level goes down faster than others...not sure if its like that with pitchers though....

energy level is different than stamina

Durability might affect how fast a pitcher's stamina goes down.( I haven't tested that) But I know that it doesn't affect how fast it goes back up.

Well it seems that pitchers like Jeff Francis who has high durability recovers much faster then a pitcher who has a low durability rating.

Well see if you can find someone that doesn't fit the formula that I posted:

StaminaGain = 10 + (MaxStamina * 0.15)

rounded down

I have been bothered by this problem too. Good to see u guys are trying to fix it. Keep up the good work guys, and thank you tywiggins for making MVP05 the best baseball game out there.

PS - Your Models.big Updater is one of the best mods I have ever used. Makes it so easy!

i thought it might because i noticed sometimes with catchers that have low durability their energy level goes down faster than others...not sure if its like that with pitchers though....

Yeah I agree strongly with D-Unit I notice this when I have Posada be on the starting lineup for 21 games straight.

Yeah I agree strongly with D-Unit I notice this when I have Posada be on the starting lineup for 21 games straight.

I can tell you, I've thrown pitchers down to the same stamina and what Ty says goes. It has nothing to do with durability, that is for 2 things, percentage of injury, and wearing down effect of position players.

I can tell you, I've thrown pitchers down to the same stamina and what Ty says goes. It has nothing to do with durability, that is for 2 things, percentage of injury, and wearing down effect of position players.

In other words Stamina and Durability

If I can find and alter the formula, that should be good enough.

If the formula were altered to 6 + 7.5%

Day 1: Starting pitcher with 94 stamina. Has 30/94 stamina at end of the game.

Day 2: 43/94

Day 3: 56/94

Day 4: 69/94

Day 5: 82/94

Day 6: 94/94

With the Current formula:

Day2: 54/94

Day3: 78/94

Day4: 94/94

Great work, if possible this would be 'revolutionary for this game'...along with the BB/K issues, this is one of the biggest problems with the game IMO.

I agree with what was mentioned earlier, EA must have based recovery on pitchers being at 0 after their starts.

Using the current formula, a pitcher who was at 0 at the end of the game would recover as follows:

Day2: 24/94

Day3: 48/94

Day4: 72/94

Day5: 94/94

(I actually have no problem with guy being ready on the 4th day after his start)

Keep up the great work!

Tywiggins, in what files/memory would you be searching for this kind of stuff?

What I was planning on doing was finding 0.15 in the .exe file. I found it 27 times I think, and I replaced it with 0.10 in all 27 places. It made absolutely no difference in how much stamina a pitcher recovers.

I've pretty much given up on that.

Here's what my approach will be. Write a program that will subtract from every pitcher's stamina(on both teams)from the boxscore information in the memory.

Then the boxscore extractor will run this program if the game is over.

Archived