Grand Canyon SkyWalk

HFLR

Would you pay $75 to go to the Skywalk?  

27 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Spungo, have you been out on it? btw, how far is the grand canyon from Las Vegas?

Funny enough, I'll probably be there the day it opens. I'm driving out to meet my parents in the Phoenix area for some Royals spring training games (it's a little over four hours away from here) and on our way back to Vegas my dad wants to take a walk out on that thing. Rest assured, however, I would never ever set foot on that death trap.

Rest assured, however, I would never ever set foot on that death trap.

LOL I would actually love to go on it. I love heights. I live pretty close to Niagara Falls so whenever I go, I go on this cable car that goes over it. Its pretty fun when your with someone who's scared out of their wits.

I would like to go out on it just to see what it looks like. I might pay $10 to do it. $75 is a bit much to do this though. Like the guy said above me you can get in a good theme park all day for that price, not a 3 minute skywalk.

I won't go out on that because it's the ugliest thing to ever happen to the Grand Canyon. All the tribes are up in arms that recycled water is being used on the mountains for snow out here because the mountains are sacred, but its OK for the Haulupai are allowed to build this on sacred ground. Facking ridiculous. It all comes down to money. Let also not forget that we can still hike down into the canyon which is way cooler.

Spungo when you coming out. I'll buy you a beer.

Spungo when you coming out. I'll buy you a beer.

My yearly jaunt down Phoenix way begins this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, for the Royals games against the Mariners and Brewers. Normally I'd need several beers to make it through a Royals spring training game, but now that Butler and Gordon are tearing it up I might actually have to pay close attention.

I read online that a few Royals spring games have sold out -- are there tons of people down there this year, or what?

Actually, it's 25 dollars. You cannot take any cameras out with you, due to request from the local Hopi tribe -- something about it robbing the canyon of it's soul.

On March 21st, Buzz Aldrin (2nd man on the moon) and a representative of the Hopi tribe walked out together to open the attraction to the public.

I'm currently on vacation in Vegas, and saw all this on local news. I'd pay 25 bucks, but no way 75.

Also, I suspect the camera thing is probably more about gouging the tourists for the "officially sanctioned tribal photo" than robbing the canyon's soul.

Archived