2004 R Sox, 2005 W Sox, 2006 Cardinals

Padres67

You may want to think about adding in the teams yourself. I just recently added the 2004 Red Sox team and it wasn't that hard at all. It may be time consuming, but not hard at all.

Y4L - Don't you think at least the 2004 Red Sox and the 2005 White Sox would be considered classic teams considering the fact that they both won a world series after a very long time? It was more of a Cinderella story for them.

Anyway, I would like for these teams to be added in and I could help add them in but I would need permission from a lot of people.

The 2004 Cardinals may be the best team of this past decade. With Carpenter's injury, the Red Sox certainly had the pitching edge on them. You'd be hard pressed to find a Murderer's Row with more production than:

Renteria

Walker

Pujols

Edmonds

Rolen

The 2004 Red Sox, though, had a great front 3 in Schilling, Pedro and Lowe.

i feel anything after say 1970 isn't a classic team.. i would love to see more teams from the 1900's to the 1940's, and maybe a classic season mod of 1919.
Not quite that early of a cutoff point. I say the last classic team we had was definately the '98 Yankees or maybe even the '01 Diamondbacks.

If you played as the '01 Diamondbacks, you'd have a very good pitching team with a terrible closer and a decent offense, me thinks.

Classic teams from this decade should feature multiple future HOF'ers or HOVeryGooders.

2 embarassing defeats do not =/>19 saves, a 2.94 ERA, and 113 strikeouts in 98 innings

Not quite that early of a cutoff point. I say the last classic team we had was definately the '98 Yankees or maybe even the '01 Diamondbacks.

Both the '98 Yankees and '01 Diamondbacks ARE in Total Classics right now.

Archived