The Bronx is Burning

Jim825

While watching last night's episode, I couldn't help but smile. When they showed the Monday Night Baseball footage and the network graphics appeared on the screen, it reminded me of what a great job Trues did when he created the ABC overlay for me for the '78 season mod.

I was for the '77 Yanks that year-I always was a Martin fan-even if he was a very troubled man. Reggie was and is a hot dog-I loved Munson, what a shame he died the way he did. Great episode last night-Healy kept that situation from getting worse. I also loves trues work on the '78 abc logo and all.

i like the show also but my question is why they are including the murder stuff... its a baseball show and a very good one two...

I believe that it's because there were a lot of other major things going on in NYC that summer (Son of Sam, Mayoral Race, major power failure, etc.). Following the Yankees was one of the ways that NYC could forget about some of those other things.

• 3 months later...

I read the book two years ago. It's truly great!!! Give it a look and you will find that it's superior to the TV series.

I just bought the DVD set one month ago... I like alots it! But the book has a wonderful pace telling more things.

Archived