PING: Ben Brinkman

Kccitystar

does anyone have Brinkman's email address?

They create a low-res 2K8 for Wii, why can't it be ported to the PC?

A week or two ago, UncleMo was talking in EAMod's shoutblock about getting an email reply from Brinkman. He confirmed that 2K8 would not come out for PC.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they were talking about making a PC version they stated they wanted to be able to simply compile the 360 version for the PC. I assume most PC can not handle such a direct conversion. They alluded to the fact they did not want to have to optimize the code for the PC, just stick the same source code into a PC compiler

Brinkman has no to this season for the PC, but the article I read said they wanted to wait until PCs were powerful enough to run the 360 code

I think they already are if the code was optimized for the PC

The article also said the PC version would only be updated every other year because the modders could fill in the game on the off year.

At the time I thought it was a little strange because I have looked at the 360 files and there is no way we are modding them. The whole game is in 13 files and the are checksum'ed

How can they use the same code as the 360 and expect us to mod the game for the off year of the release cycle?

Brinkman has no to this season for the PC, but the article I read said they wanted to wait until PCs were powerful enough to run the 360 code

I think they already are if the code was optimized for the PC

The article also said the PC version would only be updated every other year because the modders could fill in the game on the off year.

At the time I thought it was a little strange because I have looked at the 360 files and there is no way we are modding them. The whole game is in 13 files and the are checksum'ed

How can they use the same code as the 360 and expect us to mod the game for the off year of the release cycle?

I'm sure they will release tools in that off-year that allow you to make changes instead of us relying on a bunch of small individual programs

Any reasons why?

Any implications for the future?

Because BB is more inclined to ignore you because he's busy or doesn't like people that preface their name with a title, such as "Uncle", I didn't want to push my luck by asking more questions. He gave a quick response that was polite and apologetic, so I left it at that.

/quote]

If my PC can run Crysis, which is supposed to be the most demanding "next gen game out there", I have a hard time believe my PC can't run that game. And saying that, I have to say that if I am running next gen on my PC, I have a hard time believe a 360 is next gen in the first place. But that is another topic.

You're computer might be able to run next gen, but how about the majority of people who would buy this game for the PC have?

The majority of people who would buy a next gen PC game would either:

1- Have to buy a new computer that can run it.

2- Upgrade.

And for average PC users, that might not be so fun.

I think he's waiting for the majority of computers to run the game.

You're computer might be able to run next gen, but how about the majority of people who would buy this game for the PC have?

The majority of people who would buy a next gen PC game would either:

1- Have to buy a new computer that can run it.

2- Upgrade.

And for average PC users, that might not be so fun.

I think he's waiting for the majority of computers to run the game.

I keep hearing this, but tell that to eveyrone that bought COD4, BIOSHOCK, and CRYSIS for PC, and then seconly, go to each company and see if they made a profit. I suspect that each company did make a nice profit. All of these games are considered next gen. All of these games I can run with no problems. And so, if all of this is true, then my PC has been next gen for about 1-2 years. Trust me, people can handle it. I assume.

I keep hearing this, but tell that to eveyrone that bought COD4, BIOSHOCK, and CRYSIS for PC, and then seconly, go to each company and see if they made a profit. I suspect that each company did make a nice profit. All of these games are considered next gen. All of these games I can run with no problems. And so, if all of this is true, then my PC has been next gen for about 1-2 years. Trust me, people can handle it. I assume.

If the system requirements on the boxes say that I need 1.21 Jigawatts of power I cannot run the game :

I think that it's totally BS though that they can't port over to a PC version, because if we have those three games plus Gears of War on the PC, it is possible to run 2K8 and future titles on it.

Archived