PING: Ben Brinkman

Kccitystar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please explain. what is 'games for Windows'?

"Games For Windows" I believe, not 100% sure though, is a game exclusivley for Windows OS. Microsoft just produced Halo 2, which is a "Games For Windows" game. The one problem most of are going to have is, most of these games are exclusive to Windows Vista and XP users only.

This was on the Games For Windows website...

ABOUT GAMES FOR WINDOWS

You already know that Windows is a phenomenal gaming platform - the most popular gaming platform on the planet, in fact! That's why you're here.

But what you may not know is that Microsoft and some of the gaming industry's biggest names have worked together to make the gaming experience on Windows better than ever. And Games for Windows is the result. What is Games for Windows? It's a promise of games that deliver the great new gaming experiences on Windows.

The Games for Windows brand on games means four key things:

1) Quality. Games for Windows branded titles undergo extensive testing, and not just by the publisher. Microsoft also invests in quality checking each title to ensure they meet performance and reliability standards.

2) Compatibility. Games for Windows branded titles work on Windows XP and Windows Vista based PCs, including both 32 and 64 bit editions. Games for Windows titles that support controllers are also compatible with the Microsoft XBOX 360 controller for Windows, including the XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. They even support widescreen resolutions and more.

3) Safety features. You can be confident that any title carrying the Games for Windows brand will support the new parental controls and family settings features in Windows Vista.

4) Easy to Play. Games for Windows branded titles are easy to install, find and remove, especially in Windows Vista. Every Games for Windows title appears in the new Windows Vista Games Explorer (no more hunting around the start menu for that game you just installed). And Games for Windows branded titles all offer some form of “easy installâ€Â, putting you in the game more quickly.

Why are these important? Because Games for Windows is all about letting you focus on the FUN.

Many great titles already carry the Games for Windows branding with many more on the way in 2007. Be assured of these great new gaming experiences by looking for Games for Windows branded titles.

Thanks for stopping by. And have FUN!

What I'd like to see them do is make the stadiums mod friendly - meaning have all the ads in place in their locations, including all LED boards, adholders etc, so that the graphics can just be edited, and have all elements of the stadium correct so the wireframe of the stadium model wouldn't have to be touched. For example in 2K7, Fenway is the 2005 version. My Fenway Park mod is the only one out there that has the EMC and State Street Pavillion seating represented to my knowledge (not sure about The Show). This should be fixed in 2K8. For Oriole Park I'd love to see the Zenith Apt building beyond LF with the construction completed in CF for the Hilton hotel. I'd also like to see the RF scoreboard and flag court portrayed correctly. It's these touches of detail that are missing from these games. All it would take is just adding a few more parts to the stadiums. Anyway that's my dream. If Brinkman were to seek input that's what I'd tell him. An accurate Oriole Park minus the correct ads straight out of the box for me would be worth the 40 bucks alone for the game...

It would be cool if they could include some kind of 'developer's kit' that would allow you to easily make graphical changes.

btw, Big O 2K7 for XBox 360 cost 60 bucks last year I think. Heck, I'd be willing to pay a 100 bucks for a quality PC baseball game. I'd probably even buy a new computer with better graphics hardware too.

I just want a next-gen baseball game for the PC so bad!

I just want a game with the following:

Updated graphics/animations/physics

Actual stadiums with fictitious names

Fictitious Players

Fictitious Teams/Uniforms

Mod Friendly

And we'll handle the rest. :)

MLB 2k7 is anything but Mod Friendly

6,974,433 311D_P_01.wma

251,658,240 A

536,870,912 B

4,999,455 BISH_P_01.wma

536,870,912 C

4,212,735 CITI_P_01.wma

536,870,912 D

10,006,528 default.xex

9,684,777 DFAB_P_01.wma

8,766,175 DIXI_P_01.wma

536,870,912 E

7,228,495 EDIT_P_01.wma

536,870,912 F

6,739,775 FIVE_P_01.wma

536,870,912 G

9,552,895 GD4U_P_01.wma

536,870,912 H

536,870,912 I

536,870,912 J

5,726,575 JEAL_P_01.wma

536,870,912 K

536,870,912 L

10,077,375 LSAV_P_01.wma

536,870,912 M

377,587,712 N

5,810,015 NERF_P_01.wma

7,465,869 NIRV_P_01.wma

5,083,149 PIXI_P_01.wma

7,004,217 SPEC_P_01.wma

8,001,981 STOG_P_01.wma

10,131,537 SUBL_P_01.wma

10,429,377 TAPE_P_01.wma

5,547,775 THEM_P_01.wma

4,829,985 THRM_P_01.wma

8,432,415 WALK_P_01.wma

5,440,495 WOLF_P_01.wma

37 File(s)  7,233,842,929 bytes

I just want a game with the following:

Updated graphics/animations/physics

Actual stadiums with fictitious names

Fictitious Players

Fictitious Teams/Uniforms

Mod Friendly

And we'll handle the rest. :)

Trues, I sent you a PM earlier this week, have you contacted the guy?

Trues, I sent you a PM earlier this week, have you contacted the guy?

Not yet. I plan on doing so today.

You have to remember though, there's a big difference between just being a fan site that strictly promotes a game and a site like ours that mods it. I really doubt any game maker will welcome us or even acknowledge us for that matter.

The one thing that will get me to buy a 360 for 2k7 would be an engrossing general manager mode. I like MVP's but that is primarily because it offered more than previous baseball games. If a game came out that allowed for true player development in the minors so that you actually knew what kind of talent you could bring up to your franchise or use for trades I would pay anything for it. That is the one thing that is lacking in MVP. The minors were a great addition but to me they are more a gimmick than an actual component of your team. Baseball now more than ever is about stability throughout the organization and building for now and the future (i.e. Angels, Brewers, and how the Yankees are finding out the hard way) and I want that in a game.

Baseball now more than ever is about stability throughout the organization and building for now and the future (i.e. Angels, Brewers, and how the Yankees are finding out the hard way) and I want that in a game.

Angels have had a great farm system for awhile now. Just look at all the players they have brought up the last few years that have really contributed. Figgins, Kendrick, Napoli, Frankie Rodriguez, Lackey, Jered Weaver, Kotchman, Willets, Quinlan, Saunders, Shields, Santana, and McPherson if he can ever stay healty. These are guys that all came up through the Angels system and have made major contributions along the way. They are a major reason why the Angels are in 1st place. It's time to replace Santana with Saunders though. Santana needs to get some mental toughness. Let him figure it out back in AAA.

Hey guys, I just finished reading about 2K8 baseball. I guess it is going to be getting a complete overhaul. It will also have all minor leagues and their teams. It sounds like it is going to be quite an impressive game, and finally done the right way as well.

Now I LOVE MVP and all of it's mods, I religiously play all my games, including the minors as well. However, WHY...WHY....WHY can they not release this for the PC as well. Look at this community and EAMODS, as well as the mvp leagues. If they are doing a complete overhaul, couldn't they add the PC format as well?? Is there anything we can do??

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived