PING: Ben Brinkman

Kccitystar

I recently spoke to my brother and as it turns out, he's been busy with life, etc., but he told me that he's a moderator for a site dedicated to none other than 2KSports' football series. They have a new game coming out this year titled All-Pro Football, which I'm sure all of you have heard about. Well, the guys who run that site (http://2ksportsfootball.com) managed to get a hold of Mr. Chau, who is the lead producer for the game itself, and they have managed to get insider information all about the game, such as screenshots, Q and A, video clips, etc.

I told my brother that if the webmaster was online, I would like to chat with him. So the site's webmaster and I had a chat and we spoke about how he managed to get a hold of Anthony Chau, who is the lead developer for the new All-Pro Football 2K8 game. I told him about this site and EAMods, what we're all about, and if it was possible to speak to Ben Brinkman about a future PC Baseball title. I said that if they were to ever plan on doing some research and development for a PC title, to take a look at MVPmods and EAMods as well, and see what we are capable of doing with a 2 year old baseball title.

Oh and by the way, in exchange, he says he'd like some exposure, some "support" so to speak, so spread the word about his site!

FOCUS: Well, if anything, I told him I will be speaking to you guys, Kraw included, about this, just to see who would be interested. What would you want to ask Mr. Brinkman? I'm sure there would be a lot of questions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

be sure to point out how much $ this game goes for on Ebay

Also, if he ever decides to make a PC baseball game, ask him to put up a site where we can add suggestions, I'm sure this site alone could get a bunch of suggestions for a great game

I would like to know what's keeping 2K from releasing its titles for the PC? If they are questioning the popularity a PC game might receive, just look at this site. There are over 47,000 members that still love a game that is 2 years old.

That is an excellent question for him CC720. In fact, I would invite him to create an account on this site just to see for himself how dedicated people are around here for Mvp 05 and all the mods that are still being made. He would see for himself how much a PC version of a new baseball game would be welcomed.

Oohh man, this would be sweet. I hope that the game will have the same quality as their NBA game. They would have to develop a really good game by the year 2010 (I think it`s 2010) becasue that`s when their contract with MLB expires. And if EA decides to continue with their MVP series in/after 2010, they will easily crush the 2K`s baseball game because of EA`s MVP popularity.

Not neccesarily MVP23, BB moved from EA to 2K, so 2K is going to have the advantage, beacuse BB is basically bringing MVP over to 2K.

I don`t think Ben Brinkman can use the EA`s code to develop the new baseball game for 2K. He can use the MVP as a base but still, the MVP was work of many people not just of BB.

I don`t think Ben Brinkman can use the EA`s code to develop the new baseball game for 2K. He can use the MVP as a base but still, the MVP was work of many people not just of BB.

When Brinkman left to 2K, MVP 07 turned to crap. When Brent Nielsen (Producer of MVP 03 and the TP series) left, Brinkman came and produced 2 solid MVP titles (04 and 05). You can't tell me his influence won't make the next 2K Baseball titles solid.

all of this 2K8 on PC stuff has got me all excited

when could we know for sure if 2K is thinking about putting this game out for PC?

also, if that guy wants to spread the word about his site, maybe we could ask Trues to put an ad on the front page.

I like that ad idea.

MLB 2k7 360 is a solid alternative to MVP PC. I play both and they are both enjoyable. Too many HRs in 2k7 but other than that it's a blast. The pitching is the best yet.

Just a FYI. There is a recent game update AND roster update AND Olympic Stadium download.

I hadnt played 2k7 in over a month and I started it up the other day and there were the updates. The roster update is through June 18. The stadium download is part of their Classic Stadium downloads that they will be putting out as ready. Polo Grounds was mentioned as was Forbes I think.

The game update is really nice. I have noticed a large change in player animations/frame rate. Much smoother and more variance. Game overall just feels more solid and smoother.

I used to get the occasional freeze and have to boot back up with MLB 2k7, but it hasnt happened since the update.

Great job 2K Team!

I think most likely we will see a 2K Sports baseball title, because of the whole Games For Windows thing

Yeah, but that`s a small # of people that has or will the "next generation" thing. Yeah, the number will increase in the time but they are making the game to sell and that will mean that they will stick to current graphics.

Archived