ADMINS- Virus Found

walkinman

Sorry to be the bearer of bad new but the file TA090.7z under audio downloads has the trojan constructor.acg attached. I thought it might be a false positive but I googled it and it's a real threat. :(

Oh, it doesn't show until the install is started. It's in a file called audio.exe.

I can not install this file at all. I usually try once a week or so. Every time it gets done downloading it says that the file can not open because Windows does not know what program created it. Can anyone help?

The file constructor.acg is not present on my computer until I run the install for this audio mod. I stopped the install of course. But after this the game started freezing intermittently and my broadcast audio disappeared. I pasted a backup of the original MLB07 audio folder back into the data folder but it didn't help.

http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/encycl...a?virusid=54555

www.mvpmods.com/Downlo...ml#reviews
Not sure how this helps my problem.

Are you guys saying constructor.acg is NOT a trojan? What anti-virus program do you recommend?

Thanks.

I believe this is what Hory wanted you to see:

There is no VIRUS

I use a program called quick batch file compiler in the installer, it seems some idiot sent a report to norton saying everything made with QBFC is a virus

BUT this problem was fixed 2-7-06, If you are still getting a report that says it is a virus UPDATE your antivirus

it is a false positive

here is more info on that fact

http://www.abyssmedia.com/cgi-bin/iconboar...T;f=9;t=35;st=0

I turned off avg and used zone alarm virus with no report of a trojan. There are several well known anti virus sites that include the constructor.acg file as a trojan builder. Maybe someone has used the program to pass along trojans.

In the end, though, I'd rather have a false positive than to miss one. BTW the mod installed fine.

Thanks. :)

Archived