• Toronto Blue Jays
    • San Diego Padres

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]DynastyFile1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]**Mets Bats Come Out Slugging in Philly**[/align]

[align=center]April18threcap.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Philadelphia (AP)-- The Mets came into town leading the division, and tonight wasnt going to change anything about that. Jamie (Cottonball) Moyer went for Philly as El Duque went for the Mets. The Mets dealt the first blow with a Shawn Green Homer to go-ahead, Then in the Top of the 3rd, after Jose Reyes tripled, Beltran Hit an upper deck shot, to make it 3-0.

Then Delgado added on with a homer of his own. Moyer only lasted 5.1 innings, giving up 9 hits and 5 runs, boosting his ERA up to 6.35. As for El Duque, he pitched masterful against the Phils, going 7 strong inninigs, giving up 7 hits, 3 runs and 5 K's. The Mets werent done yet. After Nady hit a homer in the Top of the Sixth, Beltran and Gotay went back to back in the 7th. Beltran would hit one more in the 9th, to give himself 14 Home Runs and 14 RBI's on the season. Wagner would shut the door and the Mets defeat the Phillies 9-4[/align]

[align=center]New York Mets 9 --- Philadelphia Phillies 4 [/align]

Q: "There were reports that you didn't get along with teammates. How did you handle that and mature?"

A: "I cut my braids."

LOL. WTF?

Solely my opinion, but a little more thought into the Q&A session before putting it down might help....

Q: "There were reports that you didn't get along with teammates. How did you handle that and mature?"

A: "I cut my braids."

LOL. WTF?

Solely my opinion, but a little more thought into the Q&A session before putting it down might help....

It was 4:30AM, my eyes were hurting, I'm not complaining, Just saying.

[align=center]**Mets Bats Come Out Slugging in Philly AGAIN!!**[/align]

[align=center]April19threcap.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Philadelphia (AP) The Mets came off a 9-run barrage against the Phillies, and that barrage didnt stop today either, as the Mets punded 11 runs

Marlon Anderson, Carlos Beltran both hit 2 homer, While Delgado and Milledge hit one, Oliver Perez was fanstastic on the mound only giving up 3 runs, on a couple of hits. The Mets sweep the Phillies and will now head to Florida for a short 2-game series, befor coming home to Shea[/align]

[align=center]New York Mets 11 --- Philadelphia Phillies 3 [/align]

[align=center]**Mets fall to Marlins**[/align]

[align=center]April20threcap.jpg[align]

[align=center]Florida (AP) This was a game the Mets, and John Maine wished to forget, as the Mets fall to the Marlins 9-5

Dan Uggla was the catalyst today, hitting 2 homers. B.K Kim pitched 7 innings only giving up 3 runs on 7 hits. While Maine pitched 4 innings giving up 7 runs. Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Cabrera also drove in runs, to cap off the victory over the Mets 9-5 [/align]

[align=center]Florida Marlins 9 -- New York Mets 5 [/align]

[align=center]**Mets Swept Out of Florida**[/align]

[align=center]April21strecap-1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Florida (AP) The Mets were just outwright awful today, as they fall to the Marlins 6-0. The bats were cold and the pitching was off target. The Mets were held to zero runs on 2 hits by the D-Train. While Martinez was taken out before the 6th without a lead. Dan Uggla hit another homer, while Amezaga drove in2, as the Mets fall 6-0[/align]

[align=center]Florida Marlins 6 -- New York Mets 0 [/align]

[align=center]TRADE RUMORS[/align]

[align=center]The New York Post reports that the New York Mets are close to acquiring Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior, the deal is close to done, if this deal passes, Guillermo Mota will be sent down to AAA New Orleans to make room on the roster for Prior[, Here is the story[/align]

[align=center]Priorrumor.jpg[/align]

Archived