Total Classics 8

AlexTony

There will be a TC8. It may be the last update to Total Classics for awhile. Much of what can be done has been done.

Much which had been done previously has even been upgraded as we strive to make the mod ever better each time out.

(in a sense this is a TC Gold release if you will)

Team Classics has been creating/helping with single season mods as of late

What has been changed, added, updated for TC8?

* over 100 new and or upgraded portraits (AlexTony)

* over 100 new and or updated faces (Thanks to Homer & Thome)

* over 100 new audios (Homer, Hory & Tebjr)

* new stadiums & upgrades (Memorial, Comiskey, Metropolitan,..

Thanks to Sean O, Paul W. & Pirate)

* some new screens (Jim825, Kraw & Tebjr)

* the 1940 Reds will replace the 1977 Reds.

previously the '61 Reds were the oldest Cincy team

(Thanks to Thome for the uni's & Yanks763 for the logos)

* many more upgrades to player & team attributes for even more

realism (Jim825, Stecropper & AlexTony)

* a new install program as well (Jim825) same as TCseason versions

as well as a few more additional changes and upgrades. A 'Thank You' to ALL who are and have been involved with this project. It has now been a sum total of 4+ years of work (most all participants are listed with the 'Who did What' text that comes with the mod)

Looking to release in a few weeks during the holiday season. Currently

gathering the last additions and checking in with the modders

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just bumping to update the latest on TC8

It has been a bit more of an update/upgrade than we initially thought.

With that said all is progressing well and it should be ready very shortly

after the beginning of the year

It will be worth the extra wait :)

when do you want all final submissions in by?

Tony contacted me this morning and he's actually going to try to have everything uploaded by sometime tomorrow, so we may be able to release TC8 before I go out of town. Tony sent me the updated models.big file, and he's finishing up the audios soon.

You should probably contact him directly to find out if anything new can get in.

Any chance there will be an installer for TC8 similar to the one for MVP Caribe, in that you don't have to replace the original MVP baseball (or whatever version of MVP you have on your computer , ex. MVP 07)?

The installer will be the same one I created for the TC1956, TC1964 and TC1978 mods. It simply copies the files the the game folder you specify. It is different than the MVP Caribe installer which copies ALL of the game files to a new folder and then installs the MVP Caribe files to the new folder.

To have multiple installs, simply copy all of the files from a default MVP 2005 install to a new folder (e.g. Program Files EA Sports Total Classics 8 ) and then run the TC8 installer and specify this new folder as the installation folder.

I have a few questions about the 2000 Mets. How many of them have cyberfaces? And what is the uXXX.fsh number for the 2000 Mets uni's? Because I want to fix em up a little bit.

I'll have to look at the finalized rosters in MVPEdit to find out the cyberface numbers that are used.

The uniforms are in slot 062, so you'd have u062a.fsh for the home uniform and u062b.fsh for the road uniform.

TC8 Gold is finished, packaged up and is being uploaded to the MVPMods FTP site as I type this. There is still over an hour left before the upload completes. I've sent Trues a message letting him know that the files are on their way.

Hopefully TC8 Gold will appear on MVPMods later today.

Enjoy! :)

TC8 Gold is finished, packaged up and is being uploaded to the MVPMods FTP site as I type this. There is still over an hour left before the upload completes. I've sent Trues a message letting him know that the files are on their way.

Hopefully TC8 Gold will appear on MVPMods later today.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks again to Jim and the whole TC gang for all of the hard work put into these great mods. :wtg:

Archived