My Review of Shibe Park

paulw

I was just about to come in here with fire in my eyes to take care of the guy who dared insult your work Paul. But since it's you, and we all are our worst critics, I'll just remind you that your work in classic stadium modding is anything but terrible. It is people like you that have made this game worth playing, even now as we approach 2008.

On the bright side, I don't take modding *that* seriously. When I initially read of all the people whose PC Connie Shibe is crashing I did an lol. When I do a bad report at work - like I think I did today also - I kind of have to laugh at myself in the same way. However, as I do at work, I then go about and fix any mess I've made. At least in this case, I know I have some great beta testers to send it to before I release it again. I have a lot of your emails so take a look in the next couple of days.

strange....my computer never crashed.....awesome work as usual Paulw...............thank you.....

My guess is there is one of two things happening. Knight are you using TC56? I only tested it in the TC56 Mod and haven't had any problems. The other is PC specs - I have a 512 MB DDR 3 Video Card - maybe it only runs with ridiculously high video specs??

One other strange thing does happen to me - the announcers don't start in until the 2nd or 3rd inning (??????).

If all else fails I'll have to go back to scratch and reimport and then test every piece bit by bit - aaaaagh!

I'm also suspect of the new sky I imported.

I *think* I have it fixed. I don't have my bizarre announcer bug occuring on my machine anymore. I'm guessing that this same bug was causing other machines to crash. If anyone would like to test the stadium - especially someone who it was crashing for - just PM me with your email address. I'll send you a copy to try out. If this works, I'm going to make some additional graphic changes. I'm going to especially do some work on a couple of the signs in left field and also add one of the additional signs on the roof. Sorry about the FUBAR release...

Does anyone want to test this thing for me? Just PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy. I *think* I got rid of the problem that was happening. I did some more work on some signs including adding a kind of cool one to roof in left.

It's a piece of sh*t. Thanks very much for testing it. It works fine on my PC. I have only one other idea I can try but for now I'm getting away from it. It's too bad - it really looks nice.

I guess when you hack and hack away at something it finally does really go FUBAR. I'm putting in my Tiger Woods CD.

Well, I'm trying again. I've uploaded and updated a new version (2.1) which theoretically should not crash for any reason. If this fixed a crash problem for you please let me know. If it still crashes please let me know also. I'd like to know if the extra work I did helped anyone.

Archived