~ DEFENDING THE CONFINES ~ - A 2008 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

JoeRudi26

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stEd, Kaz! What's up guys? Thanks for checking in. I'm itching to get started but trade talks have been swirling about Crisp going to Chicago.

I haven't read anything on it lately, but I'm watching the transactions and ready to get going.

stEd, Kaz! What's up guys? Thanks for checking in. I'm itching to get started but trade talks have been swirling about Crisp going to Chicago.

I haven't read anything on it lately, but I'm watching the transactions and ready to get going.

Good to see ya back JR. Yeah, knowing the Cubs... we won't know anything solid until opening day. :D

Man, between all the NCAA Tourney games, I caught part of a Cardinal's exhibition game.

I can assure you, Troy Glaus is seeing the ball well. Wow. The sound of the ball coming off of his bat today is rare...that kind you don't hear very often.

Man am I ready. :)

Thanks, M. Yeah, it's definately getting crowded out there. Soriano and Fukudome absolutely tore it up for me in the offseason, and I love Pie's speed in center enough to try and give him time to develop something at the plate.

Do I see Soriano at 2B again this year?

decisions, decisions..

:)

Sigh. I wish Reed was back with the Blue Jays. But, he should put up decent numbers for you. Guess this probably puts an end to the Crisp rumors.

FYI, he wasn't exactly picked up from the Blue Jays. He was released by the Blue Jays and then signed by the Cubbies. ;)

Sigh. I wish Reed was back with the Blue Jays. But, he should put up decent numbers for you. Guess this probably puts an end to the Crisp rumors.

FYI, he wasn't exactly picked up from the Blue Jays. He was released by the Blue Jays and then signed by the Cubbies. ;)

Yeah, I agree about the Crisp rumors, definately a no go now. I'm still leary about playing anymore games now, this could change everything.

I've played against Reed with Oakland many times, and he's always killed me. I'm going to try and platoon him awhile in the outfield, probably move Soriano to CF and put Reed in left, keep Fuku in right and let Pie sit.

Actually, if Reed's bat is as solid as I've seen, this could bring some dramatic changes to the infield. If DeRosa starts to stink it up, I won't hesitate to put Soriano at second.

Yeah, I agree about the Crisp rumors, definately a no go now. I'm still leary about playing anymore games now, this could change everything.

I've played against Reed with Oakland many times, and he's always killed me. I'm going to try and platoon him awhile in the outfield, probably move Soriano to CF and put Reed in left, keep Fuku in right and let Pie sit.

Actually, if Reed's bat is as solid as I've seen, this could bring some dramatic changes to the infield. If DeRosa starts to stink it up, I won't hesitate to put Soriano at second.

Hmm, I think you should put Soriano back at 2nd base. That could fill the spot at LF for Reed Johnson, but its up to you....hope to see this up again.

Thanks, fred. Like I said, he used to kill me when I played with the A's. I haven't had the time yet, but I'm going to play a few exhibition games and start him in left field.

Lou might have to rewrite the lineup a bit, we'll see. :)

Will you wait for the '08 Mod, or just keep going with '07, but the updated rosters, etc.?

Thanks!

Actually I don't even have the 07 mod, except for rosters, I have tweaked from scratch. I have downloaded all of the 07 stadiums that I could get a hold of, and luckily they all worked. With updated rosters and unis, it's pretty much the same game I've played for 2 or 3 years now, just tweaking and updating as I go to keep as fresh as possible.

My datafile and sliders are perfect for the way I play the game, I'm not going to 'fix what isn't broke'. :)

Baseball is back JR. We got Braves @ Nationals tonight on ESPN... and the Cubbies on WGN tomorrow at 1:20 CDT. :smile:

Big Z vs. Sheets. Should be a good one.

I know, man. Z going against Sheets. What a matchup. :wtg:

I took the day off Monday, M, got that grill ready, brats...

Just need something to drink. :D

Actually I don't even have the 07 mod, except for rosters, I have tweaked from scratch. I have downloaded all of the 07 stadiums that I could get a hold of, and luckily they all worked. With updated rosters and unis, it's pretty much the same game I've played for 2 or 3 years now, just tweaking and updating as I go to keep as fresh as possible.

My datafile and sliders are perfect for the way I play the game, I'm not going to 'fix what isn't broke'. :)

Sounds great, I'll be following!

Archived