~ DEFENDING THE CONFINES ~ - A 2008 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

JoeRudi26

[align=center]APRIL 1, MILWAUKEE @ CHICAGO[/align]

[align=center]Game 2 of 3[/align]

[align=center]March 31st Recap, Chicago 4, Milwaukee 1[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]April 1 Lineups[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]**Note - Keep in mind that this lineup is the result of me playing around 25-30 spring training games, and so far this has worked out for the best. Obviously through player performances, this lineup will change many times throughout the season**[/align]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You not starting Reed at all or just gonna see what happens?

[align=center]**Note - Keep in mind that this lineup is the result of me playing around 25-30 spring training games, and so far this has worked out for the best. Obviously through player performances, this lineup will change many times throughout the season**[/align]

You not starting Reed at all or just gonna see what happens?

Actually, through Spring Training I've been pretty happy with the outfield I have starting now. Fukedome is going to be a monster, and I feel better off (for now) with Pie's speed in center field.

BUT..

Reed is going to get playing time in left, with Soriano moving to center field and Pie sitting. Murton is on standby and will no doubt get some playing time as well.

There will be a mix of lineups before something is set in stone.

With all due respect to everyone that follows or posts in this thread, all you have to do is read. I don't mind answering questions and explaining things, but answering the same question over and over gets redundant.

And yeah, I remember what happened to it. People kept asking me why there was an ESPN graphic on the same page as a Fox graphic or something like that, and pointing out the fact that I mispelled "the".

I mean, c'mon people, really?? I'm not perfect. :)

If there's not enough interest this year, I may not follow through with this. I got The Show the other day and it's incredibly good.

You were right, M, The Show is unbelievable. I got it in HDTV and I still can't believe what I'm seeing. I've only had it for a few days, but from what I see it does all the little things to perfection. I usually turn off the presentations and the little eye candy, but not in this one. It's a beauty to watch, a game feels like a game, and the commentary is done extremely well.

I've downloaded the newest rosters (3-31-08) but I'm still waiting on the update that includes Fukudome before I start my season. The baseball atmosphere in this game is incredible.

If you finally get hooked up, let me know, the online games (that I played) are pretty smooth for the most part and I had a blast playing.

You were right, M, The Show is unbelievable. I got it in HDTV and I still can't believe what I'm seeing. I've only had it for a few days, but from what I see it does all the little things to perfection. I usually turn off the presentations and the little eye candy, but not in this one. It's a beauty to watch, a game feels like a game, and the commentary is done extremely well.

I've downloaded the newest rosters (3-31-08) but I'm still waiting on the update that includes Fukudome before I start my season. The baseball atmosphere in this game is incredible.

If you finally get hooked up, let me know, the online games (that I played) are pretty smooth for the most part and I had a blast playing.

You know man, I expect some kind of commission. :player:

Seriously, very good purchase my friend. Did you get the 40GB or 80GB PS3? I'm still leaning heavily toward pulling the trigger myself. Got a birthday this summer. :p

The cutscenes, presentation, commentary, etc... just feel like a baseball broadcast and completely draw you in. In past games, I would turn off or skip most of that stuff... not with The Show.

Remember to take a look over at operationsports.com for some slider suggestions, rosters that people are working on , etc... They are just as harddcore about baseball as we are here at MVP mods.

Congrats again man. I might need to take a road trip your way. Don't be surprised if you hear a knock at the door. :lol:

You know man, I expect some kind of commission. :player:

Seriously, very good purchase my friend. Did you get the 40GB or 80GB PS3? I'm still leaning heavily toward pulling the trigger myself. Got a birthday this summer. :p

The cutscenes, presentation, commentary, etc... just feel like a baseball broadcast and completely draw you in. In past games, I would turn off or skip most of that stuff... not with The Show.

Remember to take a look over at operationsports.com for some slider suggestions, rosters that people are working on , etc... They are just as harddcore about baseball as we are here at MVP mods.

Congrats again man. I might need to take a road trip your way. Don't be surprised if you hear a knock at the door. :lol:

Sony definately owes you on this one. I probably would have never bought another console baseball game except for the fact that you were telling me it might be "tunable."

Me, my wife, and my son all had a birthday this March, and since the 360 had to go to "the shop" (red ring of death), we just decided to go for it. I got the 40 gig, to be honest, I didn't even realize there was an 80 gig. I had vowed long ago never to purchase another Sony product after my PS and my PS2 both stopped working after only a couple of years. I just didn't pay attention, picked up the box and went for it.

But anyway, if you can swing it I guarentee it doesn't sting too bad, this game is so enjoyable just to watch, let alone play. In the evenings, I just get immersed in it. It is no doubt the best representation of baseball that I've seen on any platform.

And if you have a vacation this summer, come on over, I'm only about an hour and a half away.

Grill. Beer. The Show.

I'm ready. :wtg:

Me, my wife, and my son all had a birthday this March, and since the 360 had to go to "the shop" (red ring of death), we just decided to go for it. I got the 40 gig, to be honest, I didn't even realize there was an 80 gig. I had vowed long ago never to purchase another Sony product after my PS and my PS2 both stopped working after only a couple of years. I just didn't pay attention, picked up the box and went for it.

But anyway, if you can swing it I guarentee it doesn't sting too bad, this game is so enjoyable just to watch, let alone play. In the evenings, I just get immersed in it. It is no doubt the best representation of baseball that I've seen on any platform.

The 80 gig is actually not available anymore. Sony is waiting to re-release it as a bundle with Metal Gear Solid when it comes out in June. The only real difference was backwards capability, so if that wasn't a concern, you didn't miss anything. You can get a much bigger hard drive for the same price difference if you run out of room on the 40 gig (which I'm having a hard time filling up.)

I play the crap out of The Show whenever I'm home - which isn't much these days. By far one of my favorite sports games ever. And as Maestro said, visit Operation Sports for ideas on sliders, roster sets, etc. Not quite as cool as this site, but very helpful nonetheless.

Anyway, just thought I'd randomly throw a post out there. I hope you can continue this with extreme enjoyment, but I definitely understand how frustrating those questions can be. Either way, good luck and enjoy the season :D

The 80 gig is actually not available anymore. Sony is waiting to re-release it as a bundle with Metal Gear Solid when it comes out in June. The only real difference was backwards capability, so if that wasn't a concern, you didn't miss anything. You can get a much bigger hard drive for the same price difference if you run out of room on the 40 gig (which I'm having a hard time filling up.)

I play the crap out of The Show whenever I'm home - which isn't much these days. By far one of my favorite sports games ever. And as Maestro said, visit Operation Sports for ideas on sliders, roster sets, etc. Not quite as cool as this site, but very helpful nonetheless.

Anyway, just thought I'd randomly throw a post out there. I hope you can continue this with extreme enjoyment, but I definitely understand how frustrating those questions can be. Either way, good luck and enjoy the season :D

Thanks for that info SF. Man, that is just in time for my B-day. :eek:

Looking forward to the new MGS as well. :wtg:

Thanks for the info, sf, I had no idea about the difference between the two. Now that I know that, the backwards capability doesn't really matter because I was forced (after my PS2 went down) to go out and buy another one about a year ago because I have so many games that would have went unplayed. Albeit much cheaper now, I still couldn't justify having those games lying around and not being played, especially with a 10,8, and a 7 year old.

Not to mention my God of War addiction..*ahem*

But anyway, I'm like you, I don't have as much time as I'd like (for different reasons - kids) but if I have to stay up on some late nights, I will. I'm going to visit Operation Sports, tweak some sliders to exactly the way I want them, and then I'll probably get a season started.

Usually my games on MVP will last around 40-45 minutes, but with all the extras on The Show, my games have lasted almost an hour and a half, and every second was cool as he**. :)

Good win JR. Least Wood is getting it done in your dynasty. Man, did he kill us against the Brew Crew yesterday. :headache:

Not to mention, that Marmol was lights-out in the inning before.

Wasn't all Wood's fault though, if the rest of the team could scratch a couple of hits together yesterday. Thank the baseball gods for Fukudome. :smile:

Joe... How do you get the screenshots from the game?... I'm curious to start up a cubs dynasty of my own... (Fukudome had a game winning RBI single for me last night.. in the bottom of the 11th inning no less... )

If I can figure that out I'll start doing some other things on my own... I'm using MVP 04 for the pc.

Joe... How do you get the screenshots from the game?... I'm curious to start up a cubs dynasty of my own... (Fukudome had a game winning RBI single for me last night.. in the bottom of the 11th inning no less... )

If I can figure that out I'll start doing some other things on my own... I'm using MVP 04 for the pc.

You can use "Prt Scrn" or a google a little program call FRAPS.

Maestro's right, I use a program called Fraps, you can get it at www.fraps.com

It's self explanatory and extremely easy to use. Good luck, man, I'll be looking forward to that Cub's Dynasty!

While I'm here, I want to make an announcement concerning this year's Dynasty (Defending The Confines) here at MVP Mods.

Going into the 2008 season, this would make the 4th Dynasty I would have played on MVP05, and it would never had happened if not for this site, and the modders that made this game the best baseball game on the market.

After hearing the buzz for a few months surrounding Sony's MLB 08 The Show, I decided pick up a PS3 and the game and see what it was all about. After hooking up the HDTV, I can honestly tell you I've never seen a baseball game, or any game for that matter, look like this one coming right out of the box. The graphics are absolutely jaw dropping.

With that said, I've been around enough to know that graphics don't mean everything when it comes to a baseball game. For me, it has to have solid game play, it has to be a challenge, and the numbers have to resemble real life baseball. If it doesn't meet any of those standards, I might as well use it for a shelf spacer.

Without any tweaking whatsoever, the game plays pretty decent at All-Star level, but as picky as I am, I have went ahead and tweaked sliders to my liking. After about 30 games, the game play and the results have come out better than any baseball game I've ever played.

I'm not here to promote The Show, I merely wanted to let everyone know that followed my Dynasty last year, and for those who might have followed this year, that I won't be taking this any further. I appreciate everyone that has followed, and more importantly to Trues, his staff, and the modders for the best baseball site on the planet.

I noticed there's actually a forum for The Show, and let me tell you, if I can find a way to post my Season, I'll definately do so.

Archived