~ DEFENDING THE CONFINES ~ - A 2008 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

JoeRudi26

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright! The Cubbies are back. Good luck with continuing this JR!

Although, I'm curious. How long does it take you to play a game and then make its recap?

Hey phils, good to see you again, glad you could make it for this year's dynasty. :lol:

To answer your questions, it normally takes me about 40-45 minutes to play a game, but with taking pics to be presented, it probably takes me a little over an hour.

The updates used to take me a couple of hours, but after doing it for so long, making templates, moddifying old ones, or just using old ones, I can have the recap done in under an hour. So altogether, around 2 hours for a complete update.

As you know, I play along with the real schedule, so playing and presenting one game a day isn't much at all in the scheme of things.

a couple questions from the peanut gallery..... :)

Does the loss of prior hurt this team? and how is playing time going to be split for fontenot/derosa?

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK JR!

hey sportnut, glad to see you back, man. :)

These are excellent questions. Prior stayed healthy all year for me last year, and went 18-10 with an ERA of just under 4, so losing him to San Diego is definately going to affect the rotation. Rich Hill won the spot in the rotation this year, but I'm sure things will be shuffled before it's over with.

DeRosa had a solid spring, hitting around .280 with a couple of homeruns, and the fact that he has a stronger arm got him the starting spot at 2B. With that said, I had a ton of trouble with him last year at the plate, and he lost a ton of playing time in the middle of the season, while Fontenot filled in nicely.

It took me two months to get some consistency in my infield last year (lost Theriot and Patterson for the season), and even longer to nail down the outfield.

All in all, here we are again, ready to play ball. ;)

Crisp is with the Cubs now? Did I miss something?

I don't think so Jay.

There have been talks about Crisp possibly going over to the Cubs but the Red Sox were/are not interested in what the Cubs had mainly planned to offer (Marquis). As of now, there is no deal in place between these two teams. Not sure where he got the information from.

I don't think so Jay.

There have been talks about Crisp possibly going over to the Cubs but the Red Sox were/are not interested in what the Cubs had mainly planned to offer (Marquis). As of now, there is no deal in place between these two teams. Not sure where he got the information from.

I know there's a rumor in the rumor mill that the Cubbies have made an offer for Baltimore's Brian Roberts though. Hmm... shake that infield up. I wonder if Pie is the offer for Roberts? Would make since if they are making a play for Crisp. They are really thin a CF right now. Fund is just not going to cut it.

I don't think so Jay.

I knew the two teams were throwing the idea around, but I check the transactions a few times a day and hadn't seen anything yet.

Soriano, Crisp, and Fukudome. I'd take it. :)

I have used it couple of times for my dynasty and it works like a charm. I basically use the program to update the player stats in my dynasty and still keep up with up-to date rosters.

For instance, in your case, you can extract the .dat files (using his .dat importer/exporter) from your 2007 Cubs dynasty. Start a fresh dynasty with the most up-to date rosters for 2008 and say you want to stick with the stats that you had from you previous dynasty. Instead of using the importer feature, you would use the stats importer to import just the stats from your 2007 season into your 2008 season.

I didn't know you would want to do something like that but in any case you really can't do it now anyway, since you have already started the season. Maybe next year. :smile:

Hey, JoeRudi26, cool little Cubs lineup thing! Yeah, but where is Kosuke Fukodomoe's cyberface? Anyways, good luck on the dynasty. I'm still playing on pro setting! You are brave to play on All-Star difficulty.

[align=center]Signing out,

[align=center]Salty25

[align=center]P.S. Rangers vs. Mets or Cubs would make both a perfect World Series and a great dynasty matchup. Go Rangers. Josh Hamilton= The Hammer.

Archived