~ DEFENDING THE CONFINES ~ - A 2008 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

JoeRudi26

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]DEFENDING THE CONFINES is the sequel to my dynasty from last year, BEYOND THE IVY. I've contemplated several ideas for this year's baseball season, but after winning the World Series with Lou Piniella and the Cubs last year, I realized how much fun I had playing with them, and the urge to see 'what happens next' kept pulling me back to do another season with Chicago.

Some of you may remember how I play my seasons, but for those who don't, I'll lay the groundwork; I play all my games manually, and I try to keep my rosters as accurate as possible. I make the real life trades, but obviously I can't control real life injuries. I play along with the real schedule, a game a day, real days off, days off around the All-Star break, playoffs, and so on.

Last season I presented almost every game, with the exception of 4 or 5, and as you can imagine, it was extremely time consuming. Somehow I managed to pull it off for the most part, but this year I will do things a little differently. I'll present a game or two a week, maybe more, maybe less, depending on my schedule. 99% of what you see will be done in Photoshop, and by posting a little less, I will try to come up with some new and better graphics, and hopefully some stats/game boards that will outdo last year's.

Again, just like last year, I find myself a couple weeks ahead of schedule and decided to go ahead and get this off the ground. The rosters I am presenting are accurate as of today, and could possibly change by Opening Day. I will only play a few games and let the real schedule catch up, so any changes in the real life rosters will have a minimum effect on my season.

I've played around around 15-20 exhibition games with the new rosters, with almost everyone getting a chance to play. The roster you see here are the players that made the cut. Barring injury, Kosuke Fukudome and Ryan Theriot will see a ton of playing time this year, they were both outstanding.

Finally, Thanks to True's and the whole staff for maintaining this site, and all the modders that gave this game staying power.

You guys are unbelievably talented.

Difficulty - All-Star

Fielding - Manual

Batting View - 5 Other Angle

Fielding View - True's Ariel 5

Strikezone - Off

Hot/Cold Zones - Off

Pitch Cursor - On

Hitters Eye - Off

Rosters - kgbaseball's 4.5 Standard (consistently updated for realism)

Sliders - Mine

Datafile - Trues, Mine

Unis - theSpungo's 2008 MLB Unis

Gloves - theSpungo

Stadiums - Big O, Pirate, Trues

Overlays, Field Changer and Field Graphics - Trues, Big 0, Companiac

Cyberfaces - jogar84, Cubs720, thr33niL/Others[/align]

[align=center]DEFENDING THE CONFINES[/align]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that you still have Woody in the rotation and Demp as the closer. I think I'd kill myself if I had to watch another season of Demp closing in real life. lol Also interesting that both Ascaino and Lahey made the team. Good luck, looking forward to it!

Good eye, InSainn, but you have to remember, the decisions I've made are based on what I have observed from last year and into my spring training games, not necessarily real life.

Dempster saved around 25 games for me last year, and Wood was pretty solid until about 3/4 into the season.

BUT..

I actually thought about doing it that way, and I might still.

How about some love for your friend and showcase some of the uniforms that he has modded. :smile:

Just joking man. I realize that you are going for realism again this season. I would have wished that you had continued on with the stats from last season but then it would have been tedious for you to keep up with all of the roster moves.

As always, I will be following this dynasty. From the looks of things, it seems like its going to be nothing short of spectacular.

BTW, is it wrong if I am more interested in your photoshop skills and am more looking forward to seeing the way you present the games rather than the actual results of the games itself? :wink:

Hmm.. When I saw that template, you know what it reminded me of. :smile:

Great job on it by the way.

Hey, what's your lineup looking like? Lou is still playing "mad" scientist in spring training.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.j...t=.jsp&c_id=chc

You know damn well that template is all your fault. :D

Instead of withdrawing the 500 smacks, I decided to fill my time drawing up a template.

Sales, M, sales..

How about some love for your friend and showcase some of the uniforms that he has modded. :smile:

Just joking man. I realize that you are going for realism again this season. I would have wished that you had continued on with the stats from last season but then it would have been tedious for you to keep up with all of the roster moves.

As always, I will be following this dynasty. From the looks of things, it seems like its going to be nothing short of spectacular.

BTW, is it wrong if I am more interested in your photoshop skills and am more looking forward to seeing the way you present the games rather than the actual results of the games itself? :wink:

Hey V, excellent job on the unis you've created, believe me, I've been watching from a distance. And yeah, I would have liked to continue with last year's stats but it's just not possible, but I do keep them and look over them at times.

Hey man, follow along for whatever reason you want, it's always good to have your feedback in the thread. There's no way I'll be presenting every game this year, it's just too demanding, but with that extra time I'll try and step it up a notch in the presentation.

Either way, good to see you again. :)

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]Top - Bill Hall drives in Ryan Braun to open the scoring for Milwaukee

Bottom - Alfonso Soriano continues to connect, lofting a double over Milwaukee first baseman Prince Fielder[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]Top - Mike Fontenot delivers a pinch hit single

Middle - Aramis Ramirez continues where he left off last year, blasting a shot over the fair pole in left

Bottom - Jason Kendall watches to see if Ramirez's homerun will stay fair[/align]

[align=center]Brewers @ Cubs - 3-31-08 Boxscore[/align]

ROFL.. :lmao:

That last shot of Kendall is great. I wonder if he's wishing he could still call the "Friendly Confines"... his Home. :lol:

Yeah, he hit a dismal .245 for me last year, I was glad to give him something to watch while he wasted yet another year 'not hitting'.

*BTW, Carlos Zambrano was hit in the nose with a line drive and will be out for 4 days*

If I lost Z for the season, I might as well put this game back in the box. :)

*BTW, Carlos Zambrano was hit in the nose with a line drive and will be out for 4 days*

If I lost Z for the season, I might as well put this game back in the box. Smile

Oh man, I hear ya. If Big-Z went down for the year, it would be a very loooooong summer in Wrigleyville.

Archived