Can we have some kind of rule on how big SIGS can be

Guest Mindwarped

mine has to do with baseball, and no abolishing them would suck for people here who cant make mods but wanna help out by doing something creative...like sigs...sigs are a way of expressing your creativity and showing people who your favorite player or sports team or whatever is...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PARASOL

Why the hell are you people complaing so damn much anyway? The size of the sigs really doesn't matter considering that the image files are saved in you Temporary Internet Files folder anyway....so you don't even have to reload them..

Again... WHAT PURPOSE DO THEY SERVE? Are you an agent for Jose Reyes? Do you need to promote him? Who gives a **** if he's your favourite player... It doesn't belong in a forum. Forums are created for discussion and not to advertise! Right now "sigs" clutter the discussions and are just a distraction. They interupt the flow of dialogue, plain and simple. Do me a favour too... Stop calling them "sigs"! Again, signatures contain personal contact information, but then again the bunch of you are too young to know the lingo of the business world.

mine has to do with baseball, and no abolishing them would suck for people here who cant make mods but wanna help out by doing something creative...like sigs...sigs are a way of expressing your creativity and showing people who your favorite player or sports team or whatever is...

How can you confuse making a "sig" with contributing? It does nothing for the game... You might as well go start a "sig" sharing forum somewhere else. I love creativity, and some of these images are really good, but there is a time and place for everything... this forum is not the place and right now you are just wasting people's time. My suggestion would be to abolish "sigs" but if you feel like making an image, do so and post it as an image... that way it won't repeat and there will be less clutter.

Why the hell are you people complaing so damn much anyway? The size of the sigs really doesn't matter considering that the image files are saved in you Temporary Internet Files folder anyway....so you don't even have to reload them..

I clear my cache and temporary internet files regularly, dumbass!

because some people here, one in particular, are whiny little brats.

Whiny? I am just asking why. Sure, I personally think they are pointless, but you have still not given me a reason why they should be part of a forum for a baseball game... Answer the gawd damn question... Why?

Now bambino... do me a favour and shut the phoch up! You have only been a member for a month and you have 680 posts! Gawd damn! Do you have to add your two cents to every thread?!

Guest Mindwarped

Now bambino... do me a favour and shut the phoch up! You have only been a member for a month and you have 680 posts! Gawd damn! Do you have to add your two cents to every thread?!

Damn Curse

[2.20% of total / 17.44 posts per day]

okay buddy, whatever you say. like i'm gonna listen to you ... what're you gonna do when i post 100 more in the next week; yell at me? ooooo ... do me a favor, don't address me anymore, you make hotheads like me look bad. :roll:

hey carter, did yah snap at me cause i'm right? do i have to shut the phoch up cause i'm right? all i did was correct your error, which was saying that sigs. take up page room and without them, there would be less pages. that was wrong. i simply corrected you. no need to be a d!ck about it.

says the man who has a crush on Tom Cruise

nooooooooooo

I have a crush on Natalie Portman, get it right

the only reason why I have a Top Gun sig, is because its my favorite movie of all time, not because I have or don't have any special liking to Tom Cruise

Again... WHAT PURPOSE DO THEY SERVE? Are you an agent for Jose Reyes? Do you need to promote him? Who gives a [naughty word] if he's your favourite player... It doesn't belong in a forum. Forums are created for discussion and not to advertise! Right now "sigs" clutter the discussions and are just a distraction. They interupt the flow of dialogue, plain and simple. Do me a favour too... Stop calling them "sigs"! Again, signatures contain personal contact information, but then again the bunch of you are too young to know the lingo of the business world.

How can you confuse making a "sig" with contributing? It does nothing for the game... You might as well go start a "sig" sharing forum somewhere else. I love creativity, and some of these images are really good, but there is a time and place for everything... this forum is not the place and right now you are just wasting people's time. My suggestion would be to abolish "sigs" but if you feel like making an image, do so and post it as an image... that way it won't repeat and there will be less clutter.

I clear my cache and temporary internet files regularly, dumbass!

Whiny? I am just asking why. Sure, I personally think they are pointless, but you have still not given me a reason why they should be part of a forum for a baseball game... Answer the gawd damn question... Why?

first of all I wasn't referrring to you as being the whiny one

second of all, it's not exactly up to you to be the one who defines what a sig is and isn't

thirdly, people here try and make rules as to what sigs should be and shouldn't be when they aren't even in charge.

people who make comments of "sigs should only be contact info or baseball related" and aren't in charge here, really need to mind their own business.

hey carter, did yah snap at me cause i'm right? do i have to shut the phoch up cause i'm right? all i did was correct your error, which was saying that sigs. take up page room and without them, there would be less pages. that was wrong. i simply corrected you. no need to be a d!ck about it.

I admit I was wrong... thanks for clearing that up... seriously... i did't know that. However, I made that comment not in response to your answer but just because I noticed how many posts you have... seriously, that's a whole hell of a lot... and I know that some of them were soliciting members for mvpinsider and then others are pointlessly shooting the **** about sigs... those are not needed.

you don't see us complaining about other peoples sigs or avatars, so why do it to us?

I don't exactly like everyone's avatar or sigs here, don't see complaints from me, I don't care for mindwarped's avatar, you don't see me throwing a fit over it.

I don't care for seinfeld either, you don't see me ripping you on it.

or making false assumptions, I could say you're in love with that guy from seinfeld like mindwarped here says I have a crush on tom cruise, which just makes him look even more ignorant.

but again you see no such comments from me like that, so why do it to others?

aww lets all [naughty word] and moan at each other over stupid friggin sigs...correction...i am the one who loves tom cruise...move over natalie portman...

sorry I gotta disagree, I mean come on! were talking Natalie Freakin Portman here !

My God she is the most beautiful girl I know (with exception to my girl friend) lol ;)

second of all, it's not exactly up to you to be the one who defines what a sig is and isn't

Signature is a business term for one's contact information that appears at the end of an email or letter. If you were older you would know that. Unfortunately they don't teach you that at McDonalds or in the shoe department at Walmart.

thirdly, people here try and make rules as to what sigs should be and shouldn't be when they aren't even in charge.

I am not debating what a "sig" should or should not be. I only wish to debate their relevance to the mvp mods board. I will have to agree with Mindwarped, at the very least they should be baseball related. Why do we all need to be reminded with every post that you make that you like Natalie Portman and Top Gun?

Here's the deal... At first "sigs" were cool because they were different and allowed people to express themselves, but the problem is that they now have been over done. You have people posting larger pictures or 2 or 3 smaller images. This has frustrated some of us because this is supposed to be a site dedicated to mvp baseball and instead, the forums are now cluttered with images with little relevance to the game itself.

Archived