Can we have some kind of rule on how big SIGS can be

Guest Mindwarped

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think this sig limiting forum went out of control, maybe it should be locked???

No. And I never even considered locking it.

This topic has eleven pages to it, and while it has at times became heated, there hasn't been any over the top swearing or things of that nature. Locking this won't serve a purpose. I believe this situation with the sigs can work itself out.

If you think about it, what has gone on in this topic alone is what a forum is really about. Many people are involved in this, each bringing a different opinion to the table. Fighting, agreeing, high-fiving, going off topic, getting back on topic, etc, etc. It's just a discussion. Nothing more and nothing less.

Unless, of course some wiseguy insults Derek Jeter. Then you got to lock the topic j/k ;)

While I don't neccesarily agree with carter that a sig on a forum should be used solely for contact information

Please let me clarify - I don't expect people's signatures to be all business like. I was simply pointing out where the term "signatures" came from and what they are usually used for (in this sense). However, I would never expect people to give out there real contact information. My sole purpose was to point out that the images being used now as "sigs" are not a true representation of what a true signature is supposed to be.

I still don't see a point to these images. They are just eye candy! They serve no purpose other than as a means for expressing one's likes. I still maintain that the current images have no relevance to a baseball "mod" site... Even if they are baseball related. Maybe as a comprimise Trues or another moderator can create a special section on the site where members can post their graphical creations or links to them. Right now I just don't want to see an image repeat itself over and over again in one thread. They are mostly repetitive and after awhile they get boring.

Please let me clarify - I don't expect people's signatures to be all business like. I was simply pointing out where the term "signatures" came from and what they are usually used for (in this sense). However, I would never expect people to give out there real contact information. My sole purpose was to point out that the images being used now as "sigs" are not a true representation of what a true signature is supposed to be.

I still don't see a point to these images. They are just eye candy! They serve no purpose other than as a means for expressing one's likes. I still maintain that the current images have no relevance to a baseball "mod" site... Even if they are baseball related. Maybe as a comprimise Trues or another moderator can create a special section on the site where members can post their graphical creations or links to them. Right now I just don't want to see an image repeat itself over and over again in one thread. They are mostly repetitive and after awhile they get boring.

this is a never ending circle that keeps going around and around...i am not gonna explain the use of sig images anymore...

this is a never ending circle that keeps going around and around...i am not gonna explain the use of sig images anymore...

Anymore?!?! Can you please do it once? I am calling you out Timay... what do you have as an argument in favour of keeping "sigs". It's also gonna take more than "as a means of expressing ourselves" to convince me that "sigs" are worthwhile.

I am trying to keep on topic and debate the pros and cons of "sigs". Why don't you make a point form list of the pros, and I'll do the same for the cons... feel free to get input (corrected - thanks Alchemist) from others and I will do the same. After this has been completed, Trues and the other moderators can debate and come to some sort of formal conclusion. So please, let's lay out the facts!

Archived