Can we have some kind of rule on how big SIGS can be

Guest Mindwarped

To be fair, some people don't actually have access to high speed internet, for example, they live in areas where it isn't available.

Right now, Maverick just has 2 medium-sized images in his sig, which is pretty easy to scroll past.

Meanwhile, mindwarped's sig is massive, and I wouldn't even bother trying to mouse-scroll it, I just drag the scroll bar to the bottom of the page.

In summary, mindwarped sig's may not be the largest in file size, but in screen space, it's enormous. So change it.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mindwarped

To be fair, some people don't actually have access to high speed internet, for example, they live in areas where it isn't available.

Right now, Maverick just has 2 medium-sized images in his sig, which is pretty easy to scroll past.

Meanwhile, mindwarped's sig is massive, and I wouldn't even bother trying to mouse-scroll it, I just drag the scroll bar to the bottom of the page.

In summary, mindwarped sig's may not be the largest in file size, but in screen space, it's enormous. So change it.

You point out not all people can have highspeed internet, but then you say my Sig is too big. Mine loads 20x faster?

ODD

Guest Mindwarped

like I said before, let me repeat this so it sinks in, I will not cater to people who refuse to get up to speed with technology, I will not cater to 56K dial up people, just the way it is.

It is not my fault that people won't spend the money to get high speed internet like I do.

you still live at Mommy's I take it

Guest Mindwarped

like I said before, let me repeat this so it sinks in, I will not cater to people who refuse to get up to speed with technology, I will not cater to 56K dial up people, just the way it is.

It is not my fault that people won't spend the money to get high speed internet like I do.

dude it is still 280k

have you ever heard of JPEG

here 67k

MavSig2.jpg

and yet it was just you KC who talked over at HH2004.net about not taking things so seriously over an internet message board???

I'm not taking anything seriously, if I was I'd be crying and thinking the world is coming to an end. I'm just pointing out the fact that since people are able to have a sig they take that too seriously and start making super huge sigs. I could care less how big they are in file size..the one I have of Esther alone is about 500-600KB or so since it's animated, I just have a problem with those sigs that are about 640x480 pixels big (exaggeration, for those who actually think so) that make me have to scroll down even further and put my mouse wheel to work.

LOL I knew mindwarped would pull off a stunt like this with his 10 page long sig, I nearly choked on my sandwich when I had to scroll down about a good 20 scrolls to get to the next post.

Am I disabling the option to view sigs? Hell no. Why should I? I took down mine because i'm just starting to get tired of having one and having to make that additional scroll to get past it and into the next post.

This reminds me of the gigapet craze in the late 90s, it died out once people got tired of having to take care of the damn digital creature.

-peace,

al.

Okay, to be fair let's examine the usefulness of signatures. Do they serve a purpose? They do if they contain contact information like they are supposed to, but images of your favorite actor, rapper or movie really serve no purpose in a forum about a baseball game. So why include them? Does anyone really care that you have a crush on tom cruise? I don't think so. From what I have seen, "sigs" cause more problems, than do good. For example, arguments over plagiarism and authenticity can arise. Also, "sigs" clutter up the forums. Right now this message is on page 4, but without "sigs" it would probably be on page 2. That's a whole lot of extra scrolling and clicking for nothing... not to mention extra downloading time. Sure most of us will have a high speed connection, but it still takes time... So do we really need to fill these pages with useless images? After all, aren't avatars there to express ourselves and to "represent"? Get creative with that! If you want to idolize someone by making an image, please do so, I am all for creativity, but just do it in a suitable arena.

My vote: Abolish them!

Also, "sigs" clutter up the forums. Right now this message is on page 4, but without "sigs" it would probably be on page 2.

that message would be on page 4 wether or not there were sigs. pages last 14 posts wether they have no sigs or sigs that take up about 10 minutes of time scrolling past them.

Archived