We're moving to a new server!

Trues

I’m very excited to announce that MVPmods is moving to a new home next month.

Why are we moving?

Well, as you know, our website has been quite sluggish for a while now, even though I've worked hard to upgrade and optimize our server. We’ve simply outgrown our current server, and it’s time to move MVPmods to a more powerful server.

Will the site work during the move?

For the most part. While moving all the files, the site will be accessible. There will be some downtime however when it comes time to dump and restore the database as well as with the dns changes.

When will the site return?

It’s hard to say, but my best guess is within 24 hours. Possibly much shorter, but I won’t really know until it happens.

When will the transfer begin?

Hopefully this weekend.

I’ll do my best to ease the pain of migrating, but do expect some bumps in the road.

Given the complexity of the transfer, please be aware that you may not be able to access MVPmods for up to 24 hours.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Trues

Quick update:

All files have been moved to the new server. I'm now waiting for the domain transfer to complete before I can make the necessary DNS changes. Other than that, it's just a matter of moving the database and we should be good to go.

There will be some downtime off and on over the next few days while these final changes are being made, so please bear with me.

Thanks.

The move is done (for the most part). We still have to wait for the DNS settings to fully propagate.

When you change your DNS settings for your domain, they must be sent to all DNS servers worldwide; this is known as DNS propagation. This can take up to 72 hours to fully propagate. During this time the site may appear to be up at times and down at others. It may also be visible for some and not visible for others. Please be patient while the propagation takes place, there is nothing that can be done to speed this process up.

• 4 weeks later...

Trues, I seem to keep having problems staying online to this site. I click on one thread, flip back to another, and then it has a slow loading time, then I get nothing. I try to refresh, but it says I need to close and reload the page. Sometimes I get a disconnect from the server page. Is there something wrong with my PC, or is the page not yet fully functional?

Thanks Trues

*EDIT

Nevermind, i think I fixed it. I changed from 32 color to 16. It seems to load better without the lag. I will see how long it lasts. Sorry Trues.

Nope, it wasnt that, its still doing it. The other site doesnt have this problem. I keep getting knocked off this site for some reason. It must be the server, right??

Archived