Official Political (Republican/Democrat) Debate Thread

DJEagles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilary sucks. Obama for president. Sorry Mccain, but no one wants a Republican in office after Bush.

I am not convinced that the whole voting population hates Bush as much as TV and the internet would have you believe. While everyone has their opinion, I think it's folly to assume that everyone hates Republicans at this time. There could certainly be a backlash towards the GOP, I freely admit, but the Dems are taking a huge risk fielding a very leftist candidate in Obama. I seriously think Hillary would have a better shot at the White House, since I believe most swing voters would trust her over McCain, while the same voters will choose mcCain over Obama. Just an observation.

I am not convinced that the whole voting population hates Bush as much as TV and the internet would have you believe. While everyone has their opinion, I think it's folly to assume that everyone hates Republicans at this time. There could certainly be a backlash towards the GOP, I freely admit, but the Dems are taking a huge risk fielding a very leftist candidate in Obama. I seriously think Hillary would have a better shot at the White House, since I believe most swing voters would trust her over McCain, while the same voters will choose mcCain over Obama. Just an observation.

Every poll has Bush around 28%, and Cheney far worse. The Democrats have picked up 3 major congressional seats in deep-red districts (even if at least one of them was a blue dog). The chairman of the RNC and other top brass are saying how they must "rebrand". Twice in the past week McCain/Bush fundraisers have been moved because of lack of demand. Major evangelical organizations are telling their people to sit this election out. The DNC has dramatically more money on hand for this year. Even when there was republican competition, democratic registration and voting tallies far outpaced republican.

Obama is definitely far to the left, but the difference is, he's still shown a better ability to work across the aisle on important matters than the other pansies in the democratic party. Whether it's nuclear non-proliferation in the senate or on civil rights (in the police videotaping matter) back in Illinois.

Every poll has Bush around 28%, and Cheney far worse. The Democrats have picked up 3 major congressional seats in deep-red districts (even if at least one of them was a blue dog). The chairman of the RNC and other top brass are saying how they must "rebrand". Twice in the past week McCain/Bush fundraisers have been moved because of lack of demand. Major evangelical organizations are telling their people to sit this election out. The DNC has dramatically more money on hand for this year. Even when there was republican competition, democratic registration and voting tallies far outpaced republican.

Obama is definitely far to the left, but the difference is, he's still shown a better ability to work across the aisle on important matters than the other pansies in the democratic party. Whether it's nuclear non-proliferation in the senate or on civil rights (in the police videotaping matter) back in Illinois.

I hate all three candidates, but to pick the lesser of three evils, I'll go with John McCain because of his experience and the fact that he wants to finish to job in Iraq instead of running away.

How would he finish the job?

:chin:

I think he's referring to the fact that while neither Obama nor McCain have put forth anything resembling an ACTUAL exit-strategy that would WORK... McCain operates under the basic premise of "finishing the job" while Obama works under the basic premise of "get out ASAP."

I think he's referring to the fact that while neither Obama nor McCain have put forth anything resembling an ACTUAL exit-strategy that would WORK... McCain operates under the basic premise of "finishing the job" while Obama works under the basic premise of "get out ASAP."

What strategy??

Boys get on the boat you're going home

does not take much more than that

I hate all three candidates, but to pick the lesser of three evils, I'll go with John McCain because of his experience and the fact that he wants to finish to job in Iraq instead of running away.

Yeah he learned a lot with the Keating five

Archived