Official Political (Republican/Democrat) Debate Thread

DJEagles

Reason 7,134 why politics angers me to no end... Hillary spends how many hundreds of thousand (maybe millions) since it was determined she had very little chance of beating Obama, but instead of conceding she draws things out and wastes the cash. That money could have been used to purchase medical equipment in Darfur or gone towards protecting hardwood forests or been used toward cancer treatment or helped New Orleans rebuild or hlped the many ravaged souls across the midwest after the tornados... So many better uses for her money.

I am pleased that Obama is going to win this, but disappointed someone didn't step in for the Dems and shut Hillary down.

i agree with u bro down the line, and thats why, we are in the state we are in as a whole, from gas prices to homeless, things need to be..................

CHANGED

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people tell you how to spend your money? I see and recognize your point, but she was trying to achieve something, regardless of how little of a chance she had. You want people to give freely, not because they are told to do so.

Do people tell you how to spend your money? I see and recognize your point, but she was trying to achieve something, regardless of how little of a chance she had. You want people to give freely, not because they are told to do so.

WUT? what she acheiving, how to stop her hub, from sleeping with the next door neighbor?, man she needs to call it a wrap, and join up, in the NEW PARTY FOR..........Once again

CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pirate, her ego was never gonna allow that. Shes a stuckup white suburban woman, who has money to burn, and she did a great job of doing it. Im glad Obama won myself. I cant wait for Jan 1, 2009 when he takes office. He will beat McClaine hands down, but you know hes gonna have Mrs. Priss as his running mate.

and the only thing she achieved was telling lies about her diplomatic record in Ireland, Scotland, Bosnia and Kosovo.

Pirate, her ego was never gonna allow that. Shes a stuckup white suburban woman, who has money to burn, and she did a great job of doing it. Im glad Obama won myself. I cant wait for Jan 1, 2009 when he takes office. He will beat McClaine hands down, but you know hes gonna have Mrs. Priss as his running mate.

McClaine? McCain. Or are you talking about the guy from Die Hard (McClane).

As for having having a Obama-Clinton ticket - only if Obama really does sell his soul (principal of "change") in order to try to win the presidential election (more Clinton does not equal change of any kind).

As for having having a Obama-Clinton ticket - only if Obama really does sell his soul (principal of "change") in order to try to win the presidential election (more Clinton does not equal change of any kind).

ooops type-o lmao that was a good catch Raptor :lol:

i dont think he will sell his soul rap, i think he gone deliever CHANGE!!!!!!!

I love all these people who say Obama is going to change things. What is he actually going to do?

Well for starters take a look at his energy policy. He has committed to ethanol as the solution to the oil problem. It's one of the worst alternative fuels as far as I'm concerned because what it does to our agriculture. The oil companies have invested in it and are pushing it. Why? Because they know how inefficient it is. The US had 20% of the corn crop go to ethanol production last year and it supplanted only 1% of the oil we use. Cellulose is a little better but it still will turn our all our fields of grain to fields of fuel. Our wheat will have to be imported from other countries even more than it is now...

Hillary is at least open to the other alternative energies such as fuel cells and solar power that won't deplete our food supply...

Election have nothing to do with what a candidate promises to do, it has to do with choosing what candidate is going to do least amount of damage.

By damage I mean negative effect on you the individual and what you care about.

Hillary is at least open to the other alternative energies such as fuel cells and solar power that won't deplete our food supply...

You make it sound as if Obama would ban anything but ethanol when elected. Ethanol right now is at least an alternative to middle eastern oil, which is the biggest problem we currently face. With advancements in ethanol, or the far more likely success of hydrogen fuel cells, we will get there.

Also, I'd like to remind you about obama's program to exchange government-subsidized health care for American automakers for new hybrid vehicles. Again, it's not perfect, but it's a step.

I would much rather Obama run on a platform of small changes like these than saying he'll guarantee a fuel cell vehicle in every driveway by 2012.

HCL - please stop with the passive-aggressive one liners. It got old quick in the shoutblock, and it's gotten old here. If you actually have a point to make, take it to the argument thread.

I like HCL's one liners, keep em' coming!! Obama and his friends scare the hell outta' me. I'm sick of hearing about "hope" and "change" from Obama's camp. McCain will own him on real issues....

Archived