Official Political (Republican/Democrat) Debate Thread

DJEagles

Did you guys see the latest Obama ad against McCain? It criticizes McCain for connecting Obama will terrorist William Ayers, and it says that Obama was only 8 years old when Ayer's terrorist attack happened, so Obama could not possibly be connected to him.

Now, I really feel that this is going to backfire on him. Even if he was only 8 years old at the time Ayers' terrorist attack, why did he serve on 2 non-profit board with Ayers? why did Ayers have a campaign party for Obama at his house? And why did Obama give a speech with Ayers standing behind him on the podium? I don't care if you were too young to remember Ayers. The fact is that you, Obama, have worked closely with this guy, and this ad is a very weak argument against the criticism. People were starting to forget about Ayers. It would have been better if the Obama campaign left it alone instead of bringing it up again. He's bringing fire on his head.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how those who oppose Obama bring up up Reverend Wright, yet support George Bush, Dick Cheany and John McCain. Hypocritical, no?
How is it hypocritical? We oppose Obama and bring up his ties to Rev. Wright, Ayers, Fr. Flager, etc, because these people are anti-American. And if Obama is so closely tied to them, well, who knows how patriotic he is. If you believe we are being hypocritical, name something that Bush, Cheney, and McCain has done that is clearly anti-American.

How is it hypocritical? We oppose Obama and bring up his ties to Rev. Wright, Ayers, Fr. Flager, etc, because these people are anti-American. And if Obama is so closely tied to them, well, who knows how patriotic he is. If you believe we are being hypocritical, name something that Bush, Cheney, and McCain has done that is clearly anti-American.

Here we go:

1). Outing Valerie Plame, a traitorous action.

2). Starting a war on false pretenses so former business ties could get rich.

3). Charles Keating scandal from the late 80s.

4). Reversing our ban on torture.

5). Suspending habeus corpus.

6). Infringing on our rights to free speech repeatedly over 8 years.

7). Repeatedly using fear instead of logic to garner votes.

8). Voting against the GI Bill.

9). Sending troops into Iraq unprepared due to lack of training and equipment.

10). Turning the Executive and Judicial branch into purely partisan branches (The US attorney scandal, judicial appointments).

11). Illegally spying on American citizens.

12). Telling corporations to illegally spy on Americans, and then giving them retroactive immunity.

13). Bypassing Checks and Balances by the most radical misuse of Executive Orders in history.

Shall I continue? This is the exact same thing it's been all year. The Republicans cannot argue on the issues, because (at least according to his website and his speeches) John McCain doesn't stand for anything. So, instead, you see personal attacks on his character, which is exactly the same as the Rove-led garbage of the last 8 years.

Stick to the issues. Yes, America is a nation of idiots more likely to vote for who they'd rather have a beer with, but it should come down to which person has the better capacity to lead. Obama has a plan for darn near everything, while McCain.... doesn't.

I'd take the guy with the plan vs. the guy without the clue.

All those things you have listed are anti-American in your opinion simply because you don't like those policies. But show me something that Bush, Cheney, or McCain did that is clearly anti-American; something that EVERYONE regardless of their political views will view as anti-American. I.E., Rev. Wright said, "God d*** America." Ayers was a terrorist who has said that he wishes he could have done more terroristic things back then. These are things that anyone, regardless of political views, will acknowledge as anti-American. Show me something that Bush, Cheney, or McCain has done that is anti-American at this level, or your "Hypocrite" argument has no value.

Interesting...but dumb at the same time.

Explain how it is dumb. I think it's dumb that people believe all presidential candidates don't have the same agenda. People get angry and defend one candidate against another, but in actuality, all candidates will carry out the same agenda. I'm just sharing my view.

Oh, no, I wasn't saying you were dumb. I was saying that it's dumb to use this geneology to say that they all have the same agenda.

That is your opinion. I disagree with it, but I'm not gonna argue or debate the details with you. By the way, I never felt you were saying I was dumb.

All those things you have listed are anti-American in your opinion simply because you don't like those policies. But show me something that Bush, Cheney, or McCain did that is clearly anti-American;

Outing an existing CIA agent is a treasonous offense. This isn't debatable. You put a CIA agent in direct harm, which is treason.

something that EVERYONE regardless of their political views will view as anti-American. I.E., Rev. Wright said, "God d*** America."

I believe god would damn America. I damn America. We torture people without trial or reason, and have destroyed the constitution. I am not an American, I am a Bostonian, because we take care of our people here.

Ayers was a terrorist who has said that he wishes he could have done more terroristic things back then.

Terroristic?

Obama had a single meeting at his house, because his wife is a respected professor at Northwestern University. This was nothing Obama did, because the Republicans can't find anything that Obama actually did that was wrong.

These are things that anyone, regardless of political views, will acknowledge as anti-American. Show me something that Bush, Cheney, or McCain has done that is anti-American at this level, or your "Hypocrite" argument has no value.

What about abusing their position for monetary gain like with Charles Keating? What about selling chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein and helping Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan?

And yet again, you have no ability or interest in arguing policy, because McCain doesn't stand for anything. So you have to keep passing these pathetic excuses trying to make a standing US senator seem Unamerican.

Argue policy, with facts. Nothing you have said so far has been accurate according to unbiased sources like factcheck.org.

Not only that but if you out one CIA agent, then basically you out all the CIA agents that she was connected to along with the agents those other agents were connected to and so forth. This could cause trouble for the current CIA agents as well that we have on missions around the world.

And don't actions speak louder than words? How is talking about something that is anti-american worse than doing something that is anti-american, especially if those that are doing something anti-american are in the government and should know better? How is abusing and torturing others american?

Outing an existing CIA agent is a treasonous offense. This isn't debatable. You put a CIA agent in direct harm, which is treason.

I believe god would **** America. I **** America. We torture people without trial or reason, and have destroyed the constitution. I am not an American, I am a Bostonian, because we take care of our people here.

Terroristic?

Obama had a single meeting at his house, because his wife is a respected professor at Northwestern University. This was nothing Obama did, because the Republicans can't find anything that Obama actually did that was wrong.

What about abusing their position for monetary gain like with Charles Keating? What about selling chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein and helping Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan?

And yet again, you have no ability or interest in arguing policy, because McCain doesn't stand for anything. So you have to keep passing these pathetic excuses trying to make a standing US senator seem Unamerican.

Argue policy, with facts. Nothing you have said so far has been accurate according to unbiased sources like factcheck.org.

Dont forget the contracts that were given to Cheneys oil company?

Sean, you stated alot of aspects in the one post that said it all. Im not as intelligent as you are as far as my vernacular, but I would go as far to say, no matter what you write down to prove a point, republicans will always continue to ask, "but yeah, show me more evidence."

Dont forget the contracts that were given to Cheneys oil company?

Weren't they planning to rebuild IRAQ before 9/11 even happened? If so, how can they use 9/11 as the reason to go into IRAQ? And if they could, how people that were responsible for 9/11 were even from IRAQ? And how come we didn't go into Saudi Arabia who had quite a few people that were responsible for 9/11?

I still look at Iraq as an Oil matter more then terrorism but that is my opinion and please don't take my opinion and turn it into a left wing liberal philosophy.

LOL

My opinion was that Iraq had to do more with the Oedipus Complex. How much of an oil matter can it be if other countries were producing more oil and we kicked Iraq out of Kuwait a long time ago. If we went into Iraq back then like we did now, I can understand but how much oil did Iraq produce? Maybe I'm not understanding how much oil was produced by Iraq. When the price of oil recently increased, I thought Saudi Arabia pumped a ton more oil per day so the oil price wouldn't drastically increase.

LOL

My opinion was that Iraq had to do more with the Oedipus Complex. How much of an oil matter can it be if other countries were producing more oil and we kicked Iraq out of Kuwait a long time ago. If we went into Iraq back then like we did now, I can understand but how much oil did Iraq produce? Maybe I'm not understanding how much oil was produced by Iraq. When the price of oil recently increased, I thought Saudi Arabia pumped a ton more oil per day so the oil price wouldn't drastically increase.

helppp my please.....i need download mode mvp baseball 2008

please helpppp

Rog: I read this thread before the other thread and felt a deja vu than I realized the post was deja vu in this thread. I guess some people if they don't get the answer they want in one thread will post in another thread. I thought I was just going crazy. :lmao:

Now back to politics ... I think all the candidates in every party stinks ... ever since George Washington. If it wasn't for him, we would have had more cherry trees. Just kidding ... have a good day all.

Man, So i go to AOL.com this morning to find about that Palins 17 yr old daughter is pregnant. Five months along as well. And I am reading all the comments and many of which echo my feelings.

How the hell can this woman be potentially a step away from the presidency and she is not handling things at home. She would rather go out campaigning with her ill son(down syndrome) and pregnant teenager at home. At least I read that a statement was made that the girl would marry the baby's father.

I am just waiting to see what the dems and media do with this. Also its funny how the Reps who were leaving comments are trying to defend the family, by saying "what american family is perfect" and this and that. To quote a comment i read:

"We all know good and well that if this was Obama or Biden with a teenage daughter that the Reps would love it and you guys would be bashing way more than you already do. When there is a lil something to go against an unknown, inexperienced, VP nominee you guys run to the rescue. If it was a democrat though, the repubs may finally have something to go on for once."

And from my point of view, most message boards or political forums I frequent seem to have way more Obama-haters, than McCain naysayers or haters.

Archived