Official Political (Republican/Democrat) Debate Thread

DJEagles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need some humor in this thread I think ....

Next up on the agenda is the bill to invade Canada. Senator Obama?

Present.

Thank you Senator Obama. Senator Clinton?

Okay.

Thank you Senator Clinton. Senator McCain?

Hell Yes. They've been a thorn in our sides since 1776. We should take them to Guantanamo and make them into a democratic country. We should go after Mexico too. I don't like how they move Tequila across their border into Canada. They should know better.

I agree Senator McCain. As someone who lives in New York now, we'll take charge and confiscate all the Tequila we can drin .. I mean locate. It's in the best interest of the American People to ...

Don't give me that bull. Why don't you just stand by your man and for that matter, why don't you go to ...

Senator McCain and Senator Clinton! Please ... act like civilized people. Act like Senator Obama. Senator Obama? What are you doing? You aren't allowed to talk on your cell phone right now during a vote. Who are you talking to?

Excuse me. It's just my spiritual advisor and campaign manager. I'm just taking my time and preparing an impromptu speech regarding hope about the issue at hand that will no doubt destroy the American Culture unless we can act.

Senator Obama, I don't think we should all be talking about our campaigns right now. Next up ... Senator Giuliani. Giuliani? What are you doing here? You're not a Senator! How did you get here?

I'm sorry 9/11 but nobody wanted me. Ever since I lost the election, I grew bored 9/11 and found out nobody likes me or wants me. So, I decided to show up here 9/11 a few months ago. I've been voting here for several weeks. I was the mayor of 9/11 gosh darn it and I kicked out the mafia. But, I digress .. please continue.

Clinton, Obama and McCain [with a sigh] .....

Oh ... Giuliani ...

We need some humor in this thread I think ....

Next up on the agenda is the bill to invade Canada. Senator Obama?

Present.

Thank you Senator Obama. Senator Clinton?

Okay.

Thank you Senator Clinton. Senator McCain?

Hell Yes. They've been a thorn in our sides since 1776. We should take them to Guantanamo and make them into a democratic country. We should go after Mexico too. I don't like how they move Tequila across their border into Canada. They should know better.

I agree Senator McCain. As someone who lives in New York now, we'll take charge and confiscate all the Tequila we can drin .. I mean locate. It's in the best interest of the American People to ...

Don't give me that bull. Why don't you just stand by your man and for that matter, why don't you go to ...

Senator McCain and Senator Clinton! Please ... act like civilized people. Act like Senator Obama. Senator Obama? What are you doing? You aren't allowed to talk on your cell phone right now during a vote. Who are you talking to?

Excuse me. It's just my spiritual advisor and campaign manager. I'm just taking my time and preparing an impromptu speech regarding hope about the issue at hand that will no doubt destroy the American Culture unless we can act.

Senator Obama, I don't think we should all be talking about our campaigns right now. Next up ... Senator Giuliani. Giuliani? What are you doing here? You're not a Senator! How did you get here?

I'm sorry 9/11 but nobody wanted me. Ever since I lost the election, I grew bored 9/11 and found out nobody likes me or wants me. So, I decided to show up here 9/11 a few months ago. I've been voting here for several weeks. I was the mayor of 9/11 gosh darn it and I kicked out the mafia. But, I digress .. please continue.

Clinton, Obama and McCain [with a sigh] .....

Oh ... Giuliani ...

Was that your creation? Hilarious!

He cant use the no exp angle anymore either too. So lets see what happens. I personally think he sold out just to grab Hillary voters. I think if Obama went with Clinton, Palin would still be an unknown.

I'd love to see Palin and (the REAL pants wearing) Clinton in a debate. I think Palin chew her up and spit her out.

Thanks. I thought it would be nice for the mayor of 9/11 to make his debut as a senator.

But, you know what? I think all of these politicians that supposedly don't like each other all hang out after work for a couple of drinks.

Haha! I wouldn't be surprised. Hillary Clinton has said some nice things about McCain before she started supporting Obama. Political views are not usually enough to completely break friendship. I've got some liberal friends of my own, and we get along real well together.

But about that, I think I remember seeing something on TV during the Bush/Kerry debates that said both candidates' daughter were friends. Does anyone else remember that?

I see people are eating up all the news the media feeds them about Palin already. With the exp Hillary has over Palin, she would trounce the women.

Maybe when Palin has dabbled in some foreign policy or survived mainstream media(which we will see soon), she can go toe to toe with a Clinton.

I see people are eating up all the news the media feeds them about Palin already. With the exp Hillary has over Palin, she would trounce the women.

Maybe when Palin has dabbled in some foreign policy or survived mainstream media(which we will see soon), she can go toe to toe with a Clinton.

True, true. But I'm interested to see the Biden/Palin debates. The only reason Palin has any chance at all is because Biden has to be careful when he attacks her so he doesn't get criticized with sexism. If it wasn't for the fact that Palin was a woman, Biden would have a 90% advantage to win the debates, unless Palin is really solid on what she believes, which I don't know.

True, true. But I'm interested to see the Biden/Palin debates. The only reason Palin has any chance at all is because Biden has to be careful when he attacks her so he doesn't get criticized with sexism. If it wasn't for the fact that Palin was a woman, Biden would have a 90% advantage to win the debates, unless Palin is really solid on what she believes, which I don't know.

There is a lot of Media attention to Palin because hardly anyone knew that much if anything about her. Plus, when a Veep is announced, the media usually goes crazy until another story pops up. The story by Friday may be the next Hurricane so she may be old news by then.

How about all the things that Palin has done that Hillary hasn't done yet? Being a Mayor of any town (no matter how small it may be), being governor [ie: passing and vetoing a bill, etc], and being on the city council I'm sure has given her experience that Hillary hasn't had in addition to having to deal with Russia as a neighbor. Russia has been doing fly overs miles away from the Alaskan border for who knows why. But, then again, I don't blame Russia's paranoia since we are inviting all of Russia's neighbors into NATO which is like having the USA move closer and closer to Russia. It would be as if Russia moved into Canada and Mexico. However, what they are doing is wrong and will be one of the key issues that the upcoming administration will need to deal with ... as with China. Similarly, Hillary is more up to date on Foreign Affairs than Palin is and she knows what it's like to be in the White House and what you need to do in certain situations. Hillary may also be more familiar with Health Care since she devoted her time to it.

Anyways, point being Hillary may have some experience in some areas over Palin and Palin may have some experience over Hillary in others. Same goes for Palin and Obama, Palin and Biden, Biden and Obama, Biden and Obama and definately McCain and Palin. Each of the individuals have different types of experiences.

But, having a fight between Palin and Clinton may be interesting. I wonder what kind of fight it could be. :roll:

*edit*

The fact that she's a woman shouldn't have anything to do whether or not if she would do well in a debate. The fact that she's a woman shouldn't give the other guy a 90% advantage if she hadn't been a woman. She had to go through a lot of guys to get where she is in addition to a ton of other Republicans that didn't like how she upset the Status Quo ... of not only being an all-boys club but for being crooked politicians that were giving Alaska politics a bad name. We all don't know what may happen with the debates. We know Biden because he competed against Obama and we saw his debating skills. We haven't seen Palin yet and we may know a little more about her skills after this week but I can guarantee everyone that she'll be better than most believe. Whether or not people including myself share the same values as she does may be another story. She is supposed to appeal to the Christian Right so we'll see.

There is a lot of Media attention to Palin because hardly anyone knew that much if anything about her. Plus, when a Veep is announced, the media usually goes crazy until another story pops up. The story by Friday may be the next Hurricane so she may be old news by then.

How about all the things that Palin has done that Hillary hasn't done yet? Being a Mayor of any town (no matter how small it may be), being governor [ie: passing and vetoing a bill, etc], and being on the city council I'm sure has given her experience that Hillary hasn't had in addition to having to deal with Russia as a neighbor. Russia has been doing fly overs miles away from the Alaskan border for who knows why. But, then again, I don't blame Russia's paranoia since we are inviting all of Russia's neighbors into NATO which is like having the USA move closer and closer to Russia. It would be as if Russia moved into Canada and Mexico. However, what they are doing is wrong and will be one of the key issues that the upcoming administration will need to deal with ... as with China. Similarly, Hillary is more up to date on Foreign Affairs than Palin is and she knows what it's like to be in the White House and what you need to do in certain situations. Hillary may also be more familiar with Health Care since she devoted her time to it.

Anyways, point being Hillary may have some experience in some areas over Palin and Palin may have some experience over Hillary in others. Same goes for Palin and Obama, Palin and Biden, Biden and Obama, Biden and Obama and definately McCain and Palin. Each of the individuals have different types of experiences.

But, having a fight between Palin and Clinton may be interesting. I wonder what kind of fight it could be. :roll:

*edit*

The fact that she's a woman shouldn't have anything to do whether or not if she would do well in a debate. The fact that she's a woman shouldn't give the other guy a 90% advantage if she hadn't been a woman. She had to go through a lot of guys to get where she is in addition to a ton of other Republicans that didn't like how she upset the Status Quo ... of not only being an all-boys club but for being crooked politicians that were giving Alaska politics a bad name. We all don't know what may happen with the debates. We know Biden because he competed against Obama and we saw his debating skills. We haven't seen Palin yet and we may know a little more about her skills after this week but I can guarantee everyone that she'll be better than most believe. Whether or not people including myself share the same values as she does may be another story. She is supposed to appeal to the Christian Right so we'll see.

You're very correct on the executive experience and the Russia problem. That experience is important to her. But the reason why I said Biden will have a slight problem because she's a woman is this: If Biden gets too negative with her, McCain might criticize him of being sexist. They might say, "Look, Obama should have picked Hillary as his VP, but he didn't. But, we Republicans chose a woman, so we care more about the female cause than Obama does." The fact that Obama has Hillary hanging over his head could be a problem; McCain is already exploiting Hillary's negative comments about Obama which she made in the primary.

Although there's a possiblity of that, I don't think it'll come to that. Palin's poliitcal views are very distinct from Biden's views so I think it'll come down to that more than anything else. Biden from what others have told me and from what I've seen, is a gentleman. Sure, Biden may say some things that he shouldn't have but I don't think he'll say anything about that. He may be extremely careful not to say anything about that but he can be very good at debates and if he debates about the issues, he should more than fine. People who believe in the same issues as Biden won't agree with Palin and vice versa. Biden at two extremes will attack Palin and shoot himself in the foot or gush over Palin and just argue the issues. So for me, it won't be an actual real debate since the audience will agree with one or the other and won't be on the fence as much as we think. The debates between Obama and McCain should be better. I think I'm gonna watch the grass grow instead of watch Biden and Palin ....

BTW ... what can be the real problem is this:

McCain came out with people who may be in his cabinet. This is the wrong move. This may force Obama's hand to announce who he'll have. And if he announces that he'll have Hillary in his cabinet, that will negate any effect Palin has for some people that didn't like Hillary not winning. However, the women who wanted Hillary to win and say they would rather vote for someone else won't vote for McCain because of Palin because Palin's views are totally opposite than the Hillary supporters. It's all about the issues.

Lieberman: you can trust me when I say ... blah blah blah

How can we trust whatever he has to say if he doesn't even know which party he's supposed to be in?

Best misquote so far from him: McCain is the [Abnormal] Candidate

Dems are so ignorant. Anyone that is in the Republican pary or supports a Republican, they always find ways to make fun of them. CNN was making fun of how her daughter had a baby, but that is nothing about presidency. CNN is the most biased news network out.

Lieberman: you can trust me when I say ... blah blah blah

How can we trust whatever he has to say if he doesn't even know which party he's supposed to be in?

Best misquote so far from him: McCain is the [Abnormal] Candidate

this is where your true ignorance comes out. he has to side with a certain party? why not support whomever he feels would be better in office? seems like this is exactly how every other politician should be.

Dems are so ignorant. Anyone that is in the Republican pary or supports a Republican, they always find ways to make fun of them. CNN was making fun of how her daughter had a baby, but that is nothing about presidency. CNN is the most biased news network out.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

CNN seems much less biased to me than Fox News Channel. I admit there is some bias with CNN, but Fox News Channel is much more biased, in my opinion.

We conservatives believe CNN is biased, but I'm sure liberals think Fox News is biased also. It's a matter of opinion. But I like FOX news because they report on the news that other news networks try to cover up (because it may hurt the liberal candidate). That and Sean Hannity! :p

And btw, great speech, Thompson!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

CNN seems much less biased to me than Fox News Channel. I admit there is some bias with CNN, but Fox News Channel is much more biased, in my opinion.

FOX bias is well known all around the world...here in Italy is common knowledge that FOX is the "republican" tv...but who am I to speak? Our prime minister owns 3 national TV channels(impossible to count out the local ones), is in complete control of the public channels and owns a ton of newspapers and magazines LOL .

Murdoch and Obama had a private meeting and now he is going to be on O'reilly Factor

DO NOT BE CONFUSED Murdoch will always follow the money, does this signal that Murdoch feels if Obama wins it will lead to more viewers and more money?

Murdoch just needed an excuse to put the chip in Obama's brain.

http://patriotsquill.blogspot.com/2008/09/...-treatment.html

Just for reference, this means that Palin is anti-american too, right? Between that and the AIP, and by pirates' standards, she hates America.

Unless she's capable of holding her own beliefs, and isn't swayed by the blatherings of some "holy person".

It's easy to argue the difference. This pastor is partially correct when he says God will not let the guilty go unpunished. It is true. On Judgement Day, God will do justice to every person's acts. The only problem with this is that the pastor seems to have a negative feeling about the US because he called it a "slipping, sliding country." But it some sense, if you're talking in regards to religion, I guess America has slid a lot.

But at least this guy didn't say BS like white people started the AIDS virus, US of KKK A, or God d*** America. There's absolutely no comparison between both of these sermons. This guy's message is coming from a background of anger at the injustices of the world (which is a very bad premise for a church message), and Rev. Wright's message is based on a background of racism (which is also a very wrong premise). They can't be compared.

Pastor A: God will punish America for its actions, like other heathen nations.

Pastor B: God will damn America.

What a wide, wide difference. Neither Palin nor Obama said these things, and yet it only reflects upon one of them. Be serious dude.

Archived