My Exciting Baseball Game

MarlinsMS_35

I will remember this forever. Our player gets called out on strike 3 in the dirt. The umpire hates our school because his son got kicked off of the team for smoking pot, and we've had problems with him before. The player doesn't say anything to the umpire, and as he walks back this happens.....

Player 1= Kid Who Just Hit

Player 2= Kid On Deck

Coach 1= Head Coach for Summer Team, son of Coach 2, 3B Coach

Coach 2= Head Coach for Spring Team, father of Coach 1, Bench Coach

Coach 3= Funniest Coach, plays the game smart. 1B Coach

Player 2: I don't think he likes you very much

Player 1: Shut the f*** up

Umpire: *Tosses Kid Who Just Hit*

Coach 1: Are You Kidding Me!?!

Umpire: He's too young to drop the f-bomb

Coach 1: He's F***ing 16! he wasn't even talking to you!

*Player 1's dad yells at umpire*

Umpire: Control the parents!

Player 1's dad: You can't even control your own son!

*Umpire tosses player 1's dad*

*Umpire tosses 3B coach for "not controlling parents"*

Coach 1: What the F***! What do you want me to do put a F***ing muzzle on him!?!?!

*Coach 1 pushes umpire*

Coach 2: *Random Jumbled up curse words, threatens umpire*

*Coach 3 trots over to coach 3B*

In the end Coach 1, Player 1, and Player 1's dad got tossed. Coach 2 didn't get tossed because the umpire was afraid of him. The rest of us were laughing hysterically in the dugout. Player 1, and Coach 1 sneaked into the press box, and watched the game from there. It also didn't help the Coach 1 is still recovering from knee surgery.

My favorite quote:

Coach 1: What do you want me to do put a F***ing muzzle on him!?!?!

I will remember this forever. Our player gets called out on strike 3 in the dirt. The umpire hates our school because his son got kicked off of the team for smoking pot, and we've had problems with him before. The player doesn't say anything to the umpire, and as he walks back this happens.....

Player 2= Kid On Deck

In the end Coach 1, Player 1, and Player 1's dad got tossed. Coach 2 didn't get tossed because the umpire was afraid of him. The rest of us were laughing hysterically in the dugout. Player 1, and Coach 1 sneaked into the press box, and watched the game from there. It also didn't help the Coach 1 is still recovering from knee surgery.

My favorite quote:

:wtf:

Who does the supervising of these umpires?

Are there any other umpires in these games? And if so, what did they do if anything?

And wouldn't there be a conflict of interest for an umpire to do a game where his kid was on the team, got kicked off the team and goes to school? Is it common to have umps to work their kids' team?

Who does the supervising of these umpires?

Are there any other umpires in these games? And if so, what did they do if anything?

And wouldn't there be a conflict of interest for an umpire to do a game where his kid was on the team, got kicked off the team and goes to school? Is it common to have umps to work their kids' team?

His kid wasn't on our team. He was on our school's team a couple years ago, but got kicked off, and never played.

• 6 years later...

Player 2= Kid On Deck

My favorite quote:

Actually the funniest part of the whole diatribe is the umpire saying the kid was too young to drop the f-bomb. The real question any one of those coaches should have asked the ump is, "Your're right, he probably is too young! But for curiosity sake, when would he be old enough to curse at you, you old <fill-in your favorite curse word>?"

It definitely was ridiculous. It reminded me of when my kid was playing Summer league ball and at the end of one game, another kid on his team who was emotionally challenged was cursing about something near the end of the game, but not directly at the umpire. The ump suspended him for the next game. I had no problem with it, until I heard the ump soon after talking about the kid as people were exiting the park and cursing himself. I lost it. I wasn't going to hit the guy, but the way I went toward him I could see where people thought I was. If I remember right, it was something the ump said right after my brother made some type of provoking comment (he was good at that at sporting events), but the point was the ump was referring to the troubled kid. I would never had hit him, but I thought the kid needed a little defending at the time. My wife wasn't too happy with me, but I'd do it exactly the same way all over again.

It definitely was ridiculous. It reminded me of when my kid was playing Summer league ball and at the end of one game, another kid on his team who was emotionally challenged was cursing about something near the end of the game, but not directly at the umpire. The ump suspended him for the next game. I had no problem with it, until I heard the ump soon after talking about the kid as people were exiting the park and cursing himself. I lost it. I wasn't going to hit the guy, but the way I went toward him I could see where people thought I was. If I remember right, it was something the ump said right after my brother made some type of provoking comment (he was good at that at sporting events), but the point was the ump was referring to the troubled kid. I would never had hit him, but I thought the kid needed a little defending at the time. My wife wasn't too happy with me, but I'd do it exactly the same way all over again.

Now that's the type of story you'll never hear at a Pop Warner game (at least usually), because the officials usually aren't close enough to hear personally, and alot of times the kids can cloak their disgust and swearing with "football grunts" or simple intense football energy.

The closest thing I've ever come to a good story like that was in high school, playing baseball, I was recovering from being sick (but still had laryngitis), and hit a wild grounder to 2nd (deep second), and made it a close play at 1st. I thought I was safe, but even if I wanted to yell I couldn't. All I could do is take a real deep breath and stare at the umpire for about 5-10 seconds, shake my head, and head back to the dugout (bench behind a fence). The umpire heard one of my teammates call him "blind like a <bleeping> bat," and the next thing I know the ump is grabbing me (twisted me around, then releasing), and telling me that I was ejected. I, again unable to talk, stood there staring at him confused, shrugged my shoulders and tried to "exit" back to the bench. The darn umpire starts ranting that if I'm going to use that language, I should be "man enough" to apologize. To which my coach (running out) & mother (from the stands) start to simultaneously tell the dweeb that he was a horse's rear, that I couldn't talk (so it wasn't me), and that maybe he was "hearing voices" {each in their own ways}. The umpire then says something like, "You mean he's a mute,"; to which my coach said something like, "No he chatters a lot in Algebra class, but he's had laryngitis this week"; to which the umpire definitely said, "I thought he sounded like a girl"; and then my mother said something in the order of, "The only girl here pal, is you, and she's ugly!!!" She got ejected, I stayed ejected (but was allowed to sit on the bench), and the teammate that said the remark never got caught & stayed in the game. He might of even hit a homer his next at bat --- the point is, the ump was a moron!

Sincerely,

Joe W. <vbprogjoe>

vbprogjoe@new.rr.com