MVPmods (early!) Christmas

Sean O

These stadiums are fantastic Sean. And they are made from scratch! Like everyone else, I wish there were crowds, but that would take you years to complete.

It makes me want to update the Astrodome and Olympic for the 88 mod.

Thanks, I really do appreciate it, especially coming from the guy whose tutorial got me started in the first place.

The crowds were as much an aesthetic as a technological decision. Fact is that the 'stick was near empty for the vast majority of games, and Braves was most certainly empty. Though I will admit putting those crowd.ord/orl rows for a new stadium, without easily being able to import/export would probably kill me.

Hope you enjoy tonight's release, it's easily my favorite of the grouping.

69righttw6.jpg

69leftos8.jpg

69batce3.jpg

So, last year around this time I started drafting Yankee Stadium, hoping to create a scratch-built version in time for the final season. That, obviously, didn't quite happen, but I picked it back up right before the final game.

I won't blather on too long, just to say thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this. Really hope you enjoy.

Would there be any way I could replace candlestick and the yankee stadium versions with the default classic stadiums already in the game? Or are they hardcoded?

Can you re-phrase your first question? I've read it 5 times and I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

Can you re-phrase your first question? I've read it 5 times and I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

I think wrigleyville means that can he replace these stadiums that Sean just made and overwrite the default Classic stadiums that are in the game right now. For example, overwrite the Astrodome and put Candlestick in its place?

Maybe you can, but you would have to edit the stadium name in Loclook also. At least this is how I am interpreting his question.

Just played a game at Yankee Stadium. Simply Amazing.. and no crashes.

Great Work. :hail:

So did I about an hour ago. Wonderful work by a combination of some very good modders. They deserve nothing but praise for this.

Oh, as for the crowds...does it really matter? I mean when you are playing the game you are either concentrating on hitting the ball or catching it. I don't even look in the stands anyway even if there are people there.

Ha, sorry Jim. I was in a rush while typing that. I wanted to know if I could replace sean's beauties with some of the original unlockable default classic stadiums that came with the game. Like, the classic version of fenway (1918 I think) or veteran's stadium. I searched through the stadium folder in data folder, and I saw the minor league stadium files, but I didn't see the classic stadiums in that folder.

So did I about an hour ago. Wonderful work by a combination of some very good modders. They deserve nothing but praise for this.

Oh, as for the crowds...does it really matter? I mean when you are playing the game you are either concentrating on hitting the ball or catching it. I don't even look in the stands anyway even if there are people there.

Ah, but here's the thing, in 1969 the Yankees drew 1,067,996, which averages out to 13,185 a game. So, overall, it's kinda close.

Ha, sorry Jim. I was in a rush while typing that. I wanted to know if I could replace sean's beauties with some of the original unlockable default classic stadiums that came with the game. Like, the classic version of fenway (1918 I think) or veteran's stadium. I searched through the stadium folder in data folder, and I saw the minor league stadium files, but I didn't see the classic stadiums in that folder.

Veterans Stadium is named veteday.big. Classic Fenway is named fencday.big. They are in the data stadium folder. You can rename them to any of the other stadiums and they will show up in that stadium slot.

For example, if you rename Veterans Stadium to yankday.big, it will show up when you select the day version of Yankee Stadium in the stadium select menu.

Sean O love the stadiums!! I especially enjoy the 70's Candlestick and 69 Yankee stadium. The empty seats are great. Gives that hey look we are a bad team!! lol. And the crowd out in left at Yankee stadium didnt sit up in front rows. They sat back below the overhang to stay out of the sun. Thats how it really was. Nowadays everyone wants to be in the front row. lol. Great job keep up the good work.

And the crowd out in left at Yankee stadium didnt sit up in front rows. They sat back below the overhang to stay out of the sun.

*exactly* dude, you get it. It must've taken me 3 hours to mess with the shading and crowd location so it actually looked like they were out of the sun under the scoreboard.

Really glad someone noticed.

Well, I had no intention of releasing Shibe Park when I first posted last week, but due to some quick work by bhutsell and MarlinsMY, it became possible. Along with Yankee Stadium 1951, this completes the early christmas from this end.

If you enjoyed any or all of the parks, consider donating to the site that's given us countless great mods. Happy holidays.

You guys have revolutionized baseball sims, I could care less about any other baseball sim releases, thanx to you all........Someday I hope there is a 1900 classic release.....thanx you guys....the sky is the limit with what you are doing here.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived