Portrait Updates! :d

venn177

I just got 2K9 after playing four straight hours of the demo. After playing a few games, getting the sliders right, etc; I'm going to start working on fixing the portraits.

Now, of course, I'm not going to have the time right now to look through all thirty MLB teams for errors, so if you guys could, would you please help me make a complete list of (right now) players who have portraits of themselves on the wrong team, like Manny or Sabathia.

I should have this done by about 10:00pm EST, if I can get help from this great community! :D

I just got 2K9 after playing four straight hours of the demo. After playing a few games, getting the sliders right, etc; I'm going to start working on fixing the portraits.

Now, of course, I'm not going to have the time right now to look through all thirty MLB teams for errors, so if you guys could, would you please help me make a complete list of (right now) players who have portraits of themselves on the wrong team, like Manny or Sabathia.

I should have this done by about 10:00pm EST, if I can get help from this great community! :D

has someone found away to edit portraits? if so, i'm wondering if it would make sense for us to start collecting images of the correct portraits while compiling this list. i would assume that down the road we're going to want to replace all of the portraits with this year's version. that being said, it would seem to me the portraits we'd want to start collecting would be those of prospects and other minor leaguers (guys who won't have portraits on mlb.com). we're also going to need to start assigning these players IDs.

Raul Ibanez (PHI) wears a Mariners hat

Ronny Paulino (PHI) wears a Pirates hat

Joe Blanton (PHI) wears an Athletics hat

Pat Burrell (TB) wears a Phillies hat

John Smoltz (BOS) wears a Braves hat

Brad Penny (BOS) wears a Dodgers hat

I'll search for more now.

Oh....Sorry Y4L. I would have told you, but I figured you knew? Did you here that Giradi is the new manager? My bad dude, I hope you won't hold this against me. BTW--BIG NEWS: The Bronx Bombers have a brand new stadium this year...I will try to get some photos for you!

:wacko: LOL!!!!

Haha. I'm reeeeeeeeally sorry I haven't updated you guys on my progress. I got the roster update by whats-his-face on here, and played a game to see how it was.

... Then I went into franchise and played 6 full games as the Rays, and here we are.

Huzzah, baseball is back on PC!

Taking a look at the files in the 2K folder, there are two named portraits. There's a portraits.iff, but it's a very small file, which means the photos can't be in there. There is a second file named portraits.cdf. This file is 185MB, and is most likely the file holding the photos. A quick search online comes up with several .cdf extensions, but none of which seem to be what this .cdf file is.

Anyway, here's a few names I can think of:

Should be Angels:

Brian Fuentes

Bobby Abreu

Kelvim Escobar (Has no photo at all)

Should be Dodgers:

Manny Ramirez

Should be Padres:

David Eckstein

Should be Mets:

J.J. Putz

Francisco Rodriguez

Should be Braves:

Casey Kotchman

Garrett Anderson

Derek Lowe

Should be Brewers:

Trevor Hoffman

Delmon Young- (DEVIL Rays hat, should be Twins)

Joe Crede-(W. Sox, Twins)

Wilson Betemit-(Dodgers hat, should be w. sox)

Brent Lillibridge-(Braves, Sox)

Donny Lucy-(Needs one)

Dewayne Wise-(Reds, sox)

Swisher-(W. Sox, Yanks)

Xavier Nady

Bobby Abreu

Aaron Boone-(Nats, Astros)

Jason Michaels-(Needs one)

Matt Holliday

Orlando Cabrera

Jason Giambi

Garciaparra

Rajai Davis

Matt Murton

Eric Patterson

why not just wait till the pressbox photos for 09 come out instead of photoshopping hats

I take it you haven't tried to access the mlb site recently. It's not free anymore. You need an username and password to get the pressbox photos.

why not just wait till the pressbox photos for 09 come out instead of photoshopping hats

Because I didn't plan on photoshopping them? Something as simple as Manny Ramirez wouldn't require photoshopping.

The only way you would be able to update portraits right now would be texmod. You would not be able to add portraits for players who do not have one either because they all have the same generic portrait. So if you changed one, they would all change.

I considered this, and until I know about how 2K9 works, I don't know if we'll be able to add more portraits to the index or not. If we can, this problem can be solved, if not we're stuck.

Archived