Mlblogs Asked Me To Review Mlb 2k9

NYY_rich

I am one of the numerous people out there that can't wait for Opening Day. I've been closely following the progress of the World Baseball Classic, and I have to say that I couldn't be more excited because everyone's bringing their "A" game. I am so excited in fact that I decided to rent the new MLB 2K9 video game (on the day of its release) for the XBOX 360, which I hoped would be an "A" game. I have decided to weigh the pros and cons of this game publicly.

PROS:

1. Presentation: I could not have been more impressed by how life-like and realistic the players and the commentating by Gary Thorne and Steve Phillips. Let's not forget that Mr. Thorne delivered my favorite home run call of all-time (Game 2 - 1995 ALDS, HANG ON TO THE ROOF! GOOOOODBYE, HOME RUN!!! DON MATTINGLY!!!!!) It is almost identical to watching a live game on TV and the graphics are amazing!

2. Easier to Get the Cards: The Card Album isn't so cut and dry like it was last year with 2K8. You actually have the opportunity to put together a quality card team without worrying about buying packs or what color the card was, I was a little disappointed, however, by the lack of options the gamer had, in chosing the look of his team. But since it's a new idea, I'll stick that in the Work in Progress category.

3. Online Play: It's a little laggy, but it's easy to adjust to. Maybe it was just my internet connection, so I'll give 2K Sports the benefit of the doubt. I played a total of three online games, and they were all great! Keep itup!

4. Music: The selection was put together well... a little old and a little new never hurt anyone.

5. HR Derby: Don't change a thing! I love it!

CONS:

1. Outfielders Can't Play the Carems Off the Wall: In all my years of playing MVP Baseball 2004 through the 2008 expansion through MVPmods, I may have only hit two inside-the-park home runs. In MLB 2K9, I hit five in six days! Honestly, I'm not that good of a ballplayer or gamer to achieve such a feat. Let's face it, the outfielders look like The Three Stooges trying to field a ball that bounces off the wall. Believe me, triples were just as numerous. Either somebody forget a decimal point or that was done as a prank like that infamous Billy Ripken card from '89 Fleer. You know the CENSORED on the knob of the bat.

2.You Can't Argue Anymore: Take the advice of someone who used to argue with Little League umpires about balls and strikes. The managerial temper tantrum is a vital part of the game nowadays. Piniella and Cox perfected it yet they just stand in the dugout intentively watching the game's events unfold. The umpire blows a call and they just say "Que sera sera"? OH NO, YOU DON'T. "Warrior" Paul O'Neill would throw down his helmet in disgust if he knew the ump made a mistake. To quote the baseball game I grew up with... OH COME ON!!!

3. Retro Uniforms: Maybe you might think this is a little unnecessary, but I need to say it. WE NEED MORE VARIETY!!! One home and one road uniform from way back when just isn't gonna cut it anymore. Idea for a downloadable content pack? YES!!! MORE THROWBACKS!!! Yes, I know. I was the one that compiled the MVPmods Uniform Database. I'm not trying to be touchy and I don't want you to think that I want every single uniform for every single team since the beginning of time. Throw a few more in for every team. Give me the 1980 Chicago White Sox with the collars and the shorts... OK, maybe not the shorts, but you catch my drift. The tenth anniversary of the 1999 Turn Ahead the Clock debacle is approaching. Just a thought. Who would do just a thing? Believe me, I know the guys that have amazed me and delivered a quality baseball product over the last five years. The best gaming designers in the business. The boys from MVPmods! IT CAN BE DONE!!!

4. The Train Doesn't Move??? Need I say more.

It has the ability to be tweaked for this year or the next installment, and believe me, any input 2K Sports needs... you know where to find me. Here's an idea. I could feature it as part of the "Walker-25" project. And I've been told I'm a good announcer as well. HINT! HINT! Thanks guys and, 2K, came my criticism into careful consideration.

Later,

Rich "Walker" Kuka

Is this like one of the "change one word in the sentence" threads on a certain other website?

If so, I'm pretty sure we know how it'll end up, and it'll lead to some bans. :lol:

There are only a few occasions when I have absolutely no idea WTF you are talking about...

...and this is one of those occasions.

Willis.

Is this like one of the "change one word in the sentence" threads on a certain other website?

If so, I'm pretty sure we know how it'll end up, and it'll lead to some bans. :lol:

If it is, this thread is getting closed ASAP.

NYY, don't bump posts.

The game is what it is..you either like it or ya dont..so you either play it or ya won't. I bought it, I like it , I play it. 2k says there will be a patch for pc and people are working on ballparks and rosters here... life is goood

Archived