Can't Use Shoutbox

PyroMessiah

Well that's a shame. I enjoyed talking about MLB2K9 in real time with other players there. Thanks for the answer Malibu.

No, that is not the answer because that guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

A decision was made recently to limit the access to the shoutbox because people have been using it much too often for reasons that it was not put in place for. Newer users (and I am in no way saying you) have been using that as a place to spam when they don't know how to do something concerning a mod, etc, etc. They have been flooding the shoutbox with stuff like that and that is not the place to go into detail for support. The shoutbox is for just casual talking and passing the time, or as you also put, used the shoutbox to talk about the 2k9 game. It became such a problem with a certain bunch of individuals that this was put into effect.

And that is why you right now do not have access. If you have questions about what goes on in here or just about anything, send a PM to a staff member of your choice and don't rely on people in here that assume things without knowing.

Great idea. Lazy people were flooding that thing.

And this, my friends, is why shoutbox access is now restricted to staff and most importantly, modders and contributors. Too many posts of no substance, too much "Baaaawwww, I can't get a download working because I refuse to read the readme file, no matter how much time it'll save for everyone concerned, so help me get a mod working now" - in short, too much junk.

Having it this way means more access to relatively intelligent conversation and a place for modders and contributors - the guys that make these mods for these games possible - to converse and share ideas, and it's just one of the very small ways in which we choose to say "thank you" to those who have kept this site active for the last 5 years with mods that would make large companies fall to their knees if they had corporate sponsorship.

If you absolutely must have access to the shoutbox, I suggest either a donation or take up modding - both will be very good for everyone. :)

I didn't know this happened, and am glad I am a contributor because the ShoutBox is full of fun and if you pay attention to it, I occasionally post a user/pass combo to get into MLB's Pressbox.

And btw, MLB, your signature is way to big. You should resize before someone deletes it.

I didn't know this happened, and am glad I am a contributor because the ShoutBox is full of fun and if you pay attention to it, I occasionally post a user/pass combo to get into MLB's Pressbox.

And btw, MLB, your signature is way to big. You should resize before someone deletes it.

It wasn't that big, but I changed it anyway for you.

It's still too big. The max dimensions in width I believe is either 425 or 475. Just trying to help you out, that's all.

I thought it was only a problem if it made your posts to long or something :unsure: It doesn't do that so IDK why I should take it down. I really like and I don't want to change it.

OK I understand that and if I have to I will remove my sig, BUT how does it hurt anything? It's clean, not to tall, and the width doesn't effect anything. I really see nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't hurt anything.

It's not that it's hurting anyone - the dude was just pointing out that it happens to be outside of the dimensions that the site rules allow... FWIW.

Archived