Getting Closer

JoeRudi26

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I finally got my rosters together (thanks Snash) and everything in place for my first game of the season. It was probably one of the best games I've played to this point, grinding my way back to tie the game in the top of the 7th, some great defensive plays to keep it close, but finally losing it on a sac fly in the bottom of the 8th inning. As I've said, the game isn't perfect, the sliders aren't perfect, but I'm getting good enough results to keep it playable so far. I'm sure there will be minor tweaks in the future, and I'll keep them updated in this thread.

Chicago Cubs Schedule

Chicago vs Houston @ Minute Maid Park (Opening Day)

Chicago Cubs Lineup (Carlos Zambrano vs Roy Oswalt)

Line Score

Game Notes:

Hunter Pence was unstoppable, homering in the bottom of the 1st inning and ultimately going 4 for 4 on the game, also driving in a pair of runs. JR Towles was 2 for 4 with a RBI.

On the Cub's side, Carlos Zambrano went 3 for 3 at the plate, but Theriot, Soriano, and Derrek Lee (3 for 4) provided the scoring.

The pitching was pretty even, with Zambrano outlasting Oswalt, though giving up 3 runs while Oswalt only gave up 1. A run scored when Fukudome booted the ball in center field, accounting for the unearned run.

Holy sh#t, Verlander just pitched a perfect game against me LOL!! I don't see how people use a keyboard to play this game. I have to get a new controller IMMEDIATLEY. Wow this is definitely the first time this ever happened to me in any baseball game ever, and I know I can hit with these sliders because I won the last game 5-2. Unbelievable.

Holy sh#t, Verlander just pitched a perfect game against me LOL!! I don't see how people use a keyboard to play this game. I have to get a new controller IMMEDIATLEY. Wow this is definitely the first time this ever happened to me in any baseball game ever, and I know I can hit with these sliders because I won the last game 5-2. Unbelievable.

Ouch. I'd love to see the stats if you have them.

blame the dog it works for me. 1 thing before i forget to ask how do we get screenshots from the game so i dont have to type out scoring lines(typing with 2 fingers isnt the fastest)

Download Fraps. You can take screenshots and vids. Very easy to use.

BTW, I hear you on the dog. My Cubbies went 94-68 in a dynasty a couple of years ago that I posted on this site. The cat took the heat for at least 10 of those losses. B)

Download Fraps. You can take screenshots and vids. Very easy to use.

BTW, I hear you on the dog. My Cubbies went 94-68 in a dynasty a couple of years ago that I posted on this site. The cat took the heat for at least 10 of those losses. B)

lol i have a legitimate excuse involving my cat from playing guild wars in gvg tournaments. She had this overwhelming tendency to go after the power cord to the pc if i was sitting playing in my old comp room. had a bunch of pics of the cat standing there with the cord in her mouth and then more of her running away with the cord in her mouth. i think shes a furry terrorist training my dog to grab controller cords instead of power cords

now before anybody hammers on me for trading players I'm not playing with the actual lineups this was a fun team i let my 8 year old cousin trade the players to make and as he hates the yankees(boston fan) and im not fond of them myself i let him trade to his hearts content.

244y1xt.jpg

acaovp.jpg

eimfit.jpg

2afwe52.jpg

oshf2h.jpg

35k8ryr.jpg

2cdg0f5.jpg

iz85n5.jpg

I was wondering about all the offense, then I realized those are some pretty high profile lineups. Also, the sliders are indicative of your skill level and how you approach the game.

This is great, thanks for posting your results. Hopefully other people that are using these sliders will do the same. :)

I just finished Game 2 of my season at Houston, and Rich Harden was awful. Pretty cool how you can see the difference in the stats, Marmol came in and stopped the bleeding, but with no support from my offense, it was already too late.

I can't run the bases to save my life, not that I've had a boat load of opportunity in the first two games anyway. The more I play, the better this patch is looking. I chased down two or three fly balls that looked impossible to get to, and probably would have resulted in errors pre patch.

Either way, I've got to get this offense going and salvage this series in Houston. :huh:

Man JR. Did Harden take the mound with an injury he didn't tell you and Sweet Lou about. :o

Man, good luck in trying to salvage the series.

The fact that Harden got pounded through 4 1/3 innings and Marmol didn't give up a single hit the rest of the way is probably a good sign as far as the game is concerned. I was having trouble locating pitches with him, so I'm assuming it was the game's way of chalking it up to a bad start. Marmol had much better control and didn't miss so badly on the pitches, keeping Houston in check for almost 4 innings.

At first, I wasn't sure if it was me, or the fact that he just wasn't having a good day. Guess I know now. :)

i noticed on a bad start which Halladay had in his 2nd game he was bad for locating pitches and by the 4th inning pitches wouldnt even come close to the zone. just stuck in a releiver and hoped for the best. just had a strange thing happen Tampa brought in a releiver Nelson and he stayed in for 2 innings and never threw a pitch that had any break at all everything was dead center of the zone

Archived