Getting Closer

JoeRudi26

JoeRudi....

Excuse me for sticking my nose in but I have been following this thread with interest.

Thought I would let those interested know that the combination of the sliders you suggest and the patch, this game has really come to life.

I play with no ball cursor and have the setting set to "break pitch" rather than "aim pitch" and boy....I'm having a ball pitching. The ball performs much as in real life in that you are not guaranteed the ball will react exactly as you would like. You really have to pay attention to just where you want to throw the ball.

I'm getting anywhere from 3 to 8 strikeouts a game and also walk a batter or two, which never happened before....Also find by being more patient, as the User batter, I am able to coax a walk every so often.

Getting game results like....3 to 1....7 to 2....4 to 3....Much like you see on a day to day basis.

I am able to steal (using the correct base runner) but I do have the Runner speed setting at 60.

Very realistic and entertaining sim based on the new patch and your slider suggestions.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JoeRudi....

Excuse me for sticking my nose in but I have been following this thread with interest.

Thought I would let those interested know that the combination of the sliders you suggest and the patch, this game has really come to life.

I play with no ball cursor and have the setting set to "break pitch" rather than "aim pitch" and boy....I'm having a ball pitching. The ball performs much as in real life in that you are not guaranteed the ball will react exactly as you would like. You really have to pay attention to just where you want to throw the ball.

I'm getting anywhere from 3 to 8 strikeouts a game and also walk a batter or two, which never happened before....Also find by being more patient, as the User batter, I am able to coax a walk every so often.

Getting game results like....3 to 1....7 to 2....4 to 3....Much like you see on a day to day basis.

I am able to steal (using the correct base runner) but I do have the Runner speed setting at 60.

Very realistic and entertaining sim based on the new patch and your slider suggestions.

This is really good news. Thanks for plugging your input into this thread, it only means that we're starting to see a wider of variety of play styles getting somewhat grounded with a single set of sliders, not to mention a good variety of games on a daily basis. I'm seeing the same thing. I'm extremely glad you posted this, because as I've mentioned before, I find it a little bit difficult to steal, and any input such as yours, is helpful in every way. That said, anyone that has any input in the baserunning aspect, or some tips, feel free to post it here.

But I agree with you on the pitching, as a lot of people are now seeing this post patch. You can't just rocket back and fire where it you want to. You have to focus on each pitch, or you're putting guys on bases, and the next thing you know, as in real baseball, suddenly there are two or 3 guys on, it gets more intense, you can't focus, and then all hell breaks loose. When you get out of one of those jams, you actually "feel" it. :) Trust me, I've been there.

The key to these sliders is patience, and it seems the results will follow.

for base running i find against the cpu you use the steal as more of a decoy and hit and run off the big lead usually you'll get a 1st to 3rd with no problems. if you try to straight steal even with the faster runners its 7 out of 10 you'll get thrown out unless you steal on certain pitchers with a hitch in their wind up. so far in the 2 franchises i have going i have only 10 actual steals thru 20 something games while getting caught 16 times. if you do attempt to steal usually the pitcher slots a dead center pitch you can hit perfectly thru the vacated hole and move your runner to at least 3rd base.

Unfortunately I haven't had an abundance of time to test the basebrunning. I was really starting to get concerned about the home run totals, but it looks like that's pretty much fixed and just needs adjusted.

Again, thanks to all of you guys for posting your findings. I'll be back to playing/testing tonight, so I'm going to focus on baserunning. (I suck at it anyway. :) )

First of all thanks to you guys for doing this! Without adjusting the sliders that game wouldn't be what it is (and I think it's great especially after being patched). I have only one suggestion though if you don't mind. From time to time I have problems following this thread which now has 11 pages. So my suggestion is to release your slider file in the download section (if you don't mind of course) so that it's easier to follow with the changes you make on the sliders. Just a suggestion though!

Keep up the great work! ;)

Thanks, schmenkman. Yeah, that was actually the intention, to get it to a point where we can get it in the downloads section. As of now, (which I'm sure you read) we are currently testing homerun totals, walk totals, and baserunning, stealing, speed, etc.

But you're right, until we get them to a finished product, I'll try to keep up and keep them posted with this thread.

Here are the sliders that are on page 2, with the only change being Hitting Influence changed from 0 to 100

JR_Sliders.ZIP

Thanks, schmenkman. Yeah, that was actually the intention, to get it to a point where we can get it in the downloads section. As of now, (which I'm sure you read) we are currently testing homerun totals, walk totals, and baserunning, stealing, speed, etc.

But you're right, until we get them to a finished product, I'll try to keep up and keep them posted with this thread.

Here are the sliders that are on page 2, with the only change being Hitting Influence changed from 0 to 100

JR_Sliders.ZIP

Thanks Joe! To me those sliders are already almost perfect! Don't ask me about my stats! I'm not so into stats. What I can tell you though with those sliders that game is damn fun! Thanks again! Appreciate it!

find a happy medium on home runs yet joe? I've been messing around with the sliders trying to get a happy balance for steals haven't gotten it right yet but I'm still working on it

Not yet blown347, I haven't time at all to play today. I was blasting the ball all over the field last night, just holding the stick up and swinging at every pitch. Even hit the wall a couple of times and hit one out with Milton Bradley.

The good thing is, that was right after I changed the Hit Influence to 100, something that hasn't been done over the course of about 10 solid games. I'll have more of a chance to play tonight, I want to test it in a "real game situation", if you know what I mean. Not just hack and blast, but try to hit with power if the situation calls for it. It may take some time, but we'll get there.

just an idea is try without using the left stick and see what happens. toying around with the runners im sitting at runner speed 70 right now much higher and steals seemed TOO easy

Please use this idea :) I want these sliders but i don't use left stick hitting.

game was far from awesome i got 1 extra base hit the whole game a triple by Lowell. i think i fought off rage quitting 3 times. narrowly avoided throwing my controller at least 10 times and swore at the game at least 50 times. did catch 1 strange thing with the manager AI shields started for tampa and threw until the bottom of the 14th (well over 120 pitches think it was 149 for some reason but cant remember what it said since i was still pissed and amazed that we managed to lose)

game was far from awesome i got 1 extra base hit the whole game a triple by Lowell. i think i fought off rage quitting 3 times. narrowly avoided throwing my controller at least 10 times and swore at the game at least 50 times. did catch 1 strange thing with the manager AI shields started for tampa and threw until the bottom of the 14th (well over 120 pitches think it was 149 for some reason but cant remember what it said since i was still pissed and amazed that we managed to lose)

If the game is making you that mad, you might want to put it down and come back later, lol.

I find walking is next to impossible....I wish they would have tamed the strike throwing down with the patch. I purposely went 2 innings and swung at nothing and struckout 6 times....lol. twice I even had 3-0 counts but the AI managed to throw 3 strikes in a row. I even messed around with the pitching sliders the whole game...didn't effect it whats so ever.....any ideas on this? I've had a few intentional walks but other than that nothing.

I find walking is next to impossible....I wish they would have tamed the strike throwing down with the patch. I purposely went 2 innings and swung at nothing and struckout 6 times....lol. twice I even had 3-0 counts but the AI managed to throw 3 strikes in a row. I even messed around with the pitching sliders the whole game...didn't effect it whats so ever.....any ideas on this? I've had a few intentional walks but other than that nothing.

I'm in the 6th inning of a game right now, and have walked twice. I'm seeing a lot of stuff out of the strike zone. I'd probably walk more if I could stay more patient.

JR_Sliders.ZIP

thanks well give these a go

Speaking of blowouts, I got my first one tonight (I lost). I jumped out of the gate and scored 2 runs in the top of the first, and then Milwaukee closed the door on my offense, tacked on 4 runs through the 6th, then opened up for 6 more to take the game 10-2. This is the worst I've been beaten yet, I've pretty much been able to hold my own. This just proves anything can happen at any given time, which is overall a good sign.

I've been working on a couple of templates for my dynasty (not sure if I'll present one yet), but thought I'd post a couple of ideas here while I'm posting stats anyway. These are actually pretty bare, I like to go further in depth presenting the stats, just not sure if I'll have time this summer.

Man Jay, that was a good 'ole fashioned butt whooping.

Dang Brew Crew <_<

That 8th inning was horrendous. The flood gates opened, and I couldn't stop them. By the time I realized I had left Cotts in for too long, it was too late.

Game over. <_<

Archived