Getting Closer

JoeRudi26

ok 1 thing i think we're kinda screwed on is if we edit the slider for catcher it effects our catcher and not theirs(or so it seems after trying a couple runs thru my yankees base stealers) it may end up our only option is to edit the baserunner speed with i tried yesterday. im toying with the compuer ai steal success sliders now but so far I think that baserunner speed slider is gonna make or break steals. unless like someone suggested earlier we mass edit catchers arms which may end up with more issues IE them not making throws on bunts/ squib hits in front of the plate dropped 3rd strikes etc. I'll post some results later today as i continue the search for reasonable steal numbers

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok 1 thing i think we're kinda screwed on is if we edit the slider for catcher it effects our catcher and not theirs(or so it seems after trying a couple runs thru my yankees base stealers) it may end up our only option is to edit the baserunner speed with i tried yesterday. im toying with the compuer ai steal success sliders now but so far I think that baserunner speed slider is gonna make or break steals. unless like someone suggested earlier we mass edit catchers arms which may end up with more issues IE them not making throws on bunts/ squib hits in front of the plate dropped 3rd strikes etc. I'll post some results later today as i continue the search for reasonable steal numbers

I was really wondering that same thing, if it only affected the user and not the PC. Like I said I'll tinker with the catchers arm strength and see if it works without too many negative affects on the rest of the game.

before i forget Wicked you noticing a lack of balls in the air too not using the left stick or is it just me noticing the Red Sox have no hardcore power thru most of the lineup?

Note that I'm using my own sliders right now...

I get a good amount of pop flies but i rarely hit home runs. I might get one every 5 games or so. I tried putting the hit influence up to 70 and i still didn't get any home runs with 8 at bats with power hitters. Ludwick just flied out to left all 4 of his at bats and Pujols only got 1 that was even near the wall, the rest were pop flies.

How do you guys hold the stick when hitting home runs? I might start using the stick for the sole purpose of home runs if there is no way to produce them accurately without it.

im playing around with the contact slider right now and notice alot more flyballs/ hard hit balls than before. i think with not using the left stick we need more on the contact slider than joe and all the others using the left stick.

You may be right, if you test it let me know the results.

im playing around with the contact slider right now and notice alot more flyballs/ hard hit balls than before. i think with not using the left stick we need more on the contact slider than joe and all the others using the left stick.

I have hitting contact at 40 and have been bombing some. I also don't use left stick. You just have to have perfect timing and guessing the pitch helps alot. My sliders are way different now......i've really been messing with them alot here lately. Stealing seems to be a chore...still messing around with them right now, but the rest of my sliders I'm liking alot....The game is pretty realistic as far as pitch counts other than the AI throws alot of strikes making it hard to walk. Learning to be more patient and so far have had 3 walks in about the last 7 games...so getting better there.

I might start using the stick for the sole purpose of home runs if there is no way to produce them accurately without it.

This is basically what I'm doing. Through some testing, most of the time you'll just end up hitting fly balls, but at least I know it's possible to hit homeruns. I'm finding it actually fits into my style of play, and will probably end up being pretty realistic in the end.

At this point in my season, I'm 2-4, and finding the game (these sliders) a very good challenge so far. To go up to the plate every time with the intention of hitting a home run (holding the stick up) is more than likely going to get you beat over the duration of a 9 inning game. If you're down by a run, and you're running out of innings, real life hitters probably tense up and swing for the fence (out of desperation) more often in this situation. The same can be said if you're team is up by 8 runs in the 5th or 6th inning. Real life batters probably loosen up and view the situation as batting practice, or padding their stats.

I'm going to keep this slider at 100 until I see too many home runs being hit, or it becomes too easy. I can't imagine that happening, because I approach the game with patience and fundamentals first, and then let the situation dictate how I go from there. If the game is tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 9th, you're up with no outs, you can play it either way. Play it safe, stay patient, try to get somebody on, or end the game with one swing?

As hard as it is to win so far, I personally like my odds playing small ball.

ok here's what I got from a game with the running changes I posted and changing contact to 70 power lowered to 80. 1st the steals had 1 steal attempt with Ellsbury vs Lackey safe at second base. Angels runners tried 2 steals both against Penny, Veritek threw out Figgins at 2nd very close, veritek tossed Abreyu at 2nd not so close (fast ball pitchout). For the hitting i started getting more flyball outs 2 gap doubles and a triple high off the wall to right. Game was played at the Angels.I would post screen shots but with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth had the wonderful game close so I'll end up having to replay YAY! -_-

This is basically what I'm doing. Through some testing, most of the time you'll just end up hitting fly balls, but at least I know it's possible to hit homeruns. I'm finding it actually fits into my style of play, and will probably end up being pretty realistic in the end.

At this point in my season, I'm 2-4, and finding the game (these sliders) a very good challenge so far. To go up to the plate every time with the intention of hitting a home run (holding the stick up) is more than likely going to get you beat over the duration of a 9 inning game. If you're down by a run, and you're running out of innings, real life hitters probably tense up and swing for the fence (out of desperation) more often in this situation. The same can be said if you're team is up by 8 runs in the 5th or 6th inning. Real life batters probably loosen up and view the situation as batting practice, or padding their stats.

I'm going to keep this slider at 100 until I see too many home runs being hit, or it becomes too easy. I can't imagine that happening, because I approach the game with patience and fundamentals first, and then let the situation dictate how I go from there. If the game is tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 9th, you're up with no outs, you can play it either way. Play it safe, stay patient, try to get somebody on, or end the game with one swing?

As hard as it is to win so far, I personally like my odds playing small ball.

heh your seasons going better than mine after that game crash im 1-4 with the Red Sox. I'm not so much after homeruns either but all of a sudden i stopped getting anything but ground outs and the occasional fly to the shallow outfield going to the Sox from my traded Yankees

ok here's what I got from a game with the running changes I posted and changing contact to 70 power lowered to 80. 1st the steals had 1 steal attempt with Ellsbury vs Lackey safe at second base. Angels runners tried 2 steals both against Penny, Veritek threw out Figgins at 2nd very close, veritek tossed Abreyu at 2nd not so close (fast ball pitchout). For the hitting i started getting more flyball outs 2 gap doubles and a triple high off the wall to right. Game was played at the Angels.I would post screen shots but with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth had the wonderful game close so I'll end up having to replay YAY! -_-

What is your batting success set at? And the CPU pitcher success?

hell of an idea actually. If we could do it without the left stick that would be ideal and it would keep the randomness of hits higher, than when you push up on the stick and you know 99% of the time it will be a fly ball of some sort.

I'll give it a go tonight as well with the other changes.

Has anyone else bumped up a teams walk rating yet? Because I am convinced it helps, but I could use another opinion or two.

Played a very interesting game between the Cubs and White Sox....User played as Cubs....AI as White Sox.....Sox won 9 to 5 (oh well, can't win them all).

Here is the interesting part.....

I received 7 walks....Now 1 was intentional but the other 6 were legit.

Soriano received 4 walks including 1 intentional....3 walks (including the intentional) when I was the user and 1 when I let the computer take over for 2 innings.

Miles had 1 walk and Ramirez the other 2.

I don't recall having more than 2 walks in any game and I have now played over 45 games. (actually I had CPU vs. CPU play approx. 10 times.)

Walks by the W. Sox were....1 by Dotel...4 by Richard...and 2 by Perez.....As the User I gave up 2 walks.

White Sox pitchers also had a three ball count on two other batters.

AI Pitch settings were as follows:

Pitch Success= 30

Selection tendency= 30

Strike zone tencdency= 5

Pitch zone tendency=10

Composure= 55

Also of interest....Cubs hit 3 homers (with LS up) Soriano, Lee, Bradley. ....Sox also hit 3 hrs.

Total pitch count....113 by the Cubs and 110 by the W. Sox.

I really like the AI walk totals (patience is important)....I'll have to see if this was just a fluke or if the strike zone and pitch zone tendency were big factors.

Go into controls, and then push button 4 on your keyboard. It should bring up an extra options menu. I think there is a way to do it with a controller too but i forget... Maybe the stick buttons.

I'm starting to doubt we are going to get these home run totals right. I've been tirelessly trying to adjust some sliders that keep everything accurate and I'm not getting very far. There is always something that doesn't turn out right between the hits and HR's.

I still don't understand the concept of them lowering the HR totals with the patch... Day by day I'm getting closer to just playing MVP again.

I'm really starting to notice that if I don't play every day my timing gets way off. I was hitting just fine a couple days ago but yesterday I could I couldn't hit the side of a barn lol. Timing is definitely very important with these sliders and if you try to use the left stick too much 8 time outta 10 your gonna hit weak fly balls if you don't choose the right pitch to hit.

Archived