Getting Closer

JoeRudi26

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I had to start over when they came out. Drank a few last night, and played 4 games to get caught up.

No wonder I'm 1-3. <_<

I hear ya. Look like the Cubs had a few themselves, the way they played yesterday. <_<

My Cubbies are in your good hands, so I'm heading to the South Side. ;)

I definitely don't have problems getting walks, but losing in the late innings have seem to become a habit. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I'm sweating on every pitch. I'm having some extremely fun games since the patch fixed the fielding issues.

WOW thats impressive on walks I must say. Give us some tips..are you just sitting back and making the CPU get 2 on you before you swing? I am playing with your original sliders on pg 2 with your changes:

CPU Succ:40

CPU Cont:20

CPU Pow:55

Swing Stick Infl:100

I am in game 2 of my chise and I finally hit my first HR with Hafner WITHOUT touching the left stick! All I have done using the left stick is hit towering popouts. I lost game 1 5-0 and won game 2 2-1 it was a nailbiter with the big play being Seizmore threwout a runner triyng to score from second at the plate, what a laserthrow and just gotem. I am seeing a ton of singles and rarely a double on both sides. I think maybe both human and CPU contact may need to come down a bit and the fielder speed may need to be tweaked down...they catch everything in the gaps at 60.

Ohh BTW just for the hell of it I tried changing ball indicator from dynamic to fixed to see if it cuts down on the vacuum effect and I believe the fielding seems smoother but it needs more games. I still se a slowdown or 2 but it just seemed smoother?

I stay patient at the plate and make the CPU throw me a strike probably 95% of the time. I get a better "feel" for the at bat, looking at a few pitches each time. I will swing early when the situation calls for it. Hit and run, bunt, etc.

Are the sliders your using now still the same as the ones you posted a few pages back?

Also, what kind of pitches are you guys hitting HR's off of? I've made some good contact on high fastballs that go CRACK and then just dribble out like it's a blooper. The hitting seems to random in this game. Not to mention all the pre-determined hit paths.

I went with your train of thought on this one and it seems to work quite well. I'm playing a game right now with the yanks (cpu) and the tigers (me), much more solid contact is being made for both sides, but the cpu is still taking pitches and being patient which was suprising. When I play the yankees usually they hack at everything, even after the patch . Nick swisher hit an absolute bomb to dead center after he worked me for 7 pitches. I've never seen the cpu hit a ball that hard and I've played almost 100 games now. Still got lots more testing to do with these but so far so good. I'll post my adjustments in case anybody wants to try em out.

the only things I've changed from jr's intial set is putting user Batting Success to 55, user contact to 0, and user power at 95.

Cpu sliders are, Batting Success at 65 , Batting Contact at 0 and Batting Power at 95

I've also upped the Ai pitch sucess to 60 to try and offset the increased power. Lowered Ai strike zone to 0 and also lowered Ai pitch zone tendency to 5.

Not perfect by any means and like said they still need to be tested lots more but I have noticed a pretty decent change in hitting for both user and cpu. Give em a try and we can try to work from there.

Thanks, gobluen07. I should have mentioned my sliders were for user hitting. CPU hitting was lower (50 success, 20 contact, 80 power). I'll give yours a try and see how the cpu does. I just changed my pitching sliders to make it tougher on me, so I may see more CPU hits anyway.

Are the sliders your using now still the same as the ones you posted a few pages back?

Also, what kind of pitches are you guys hitting HR's off of? I've made some good contact on high fastballs that go CRACK and then just dribble out like it's a blooper. The hitting seems to random in this game. Not to mention all the pre-determined hit paths.

I've mostly hit homeruns off of fastballs up in the zone, but I did get a curveball that hung up (Soriano) and seemed like forever to get to the plate, I waited, and put it over the left center field fence. Also, Fukudome hit a slider low and inside that probably didn't get "15 feet" off the ground. I'm seeing hits all over the place, down the line, hits in the gap, bloopers, line drives. Nothing seems predetermined, unless it would be the opponent's 'big inning'. That seems to happen most games, but not all.

But to answer your question, I am using the sliders I posted a couple of pages back.

Here they are for those who haven't found them:

JRSliders.ZIP

That's happened to me a few times also, the type of hits that before the patch turned out into sure home runs now they seem to lose steam and barely even reach the warning track (even though the commentators get all excited and for a second there you think you got it, very annoying). I was wondering if this was happening to most people.

I've mostly hit homeruns off of fastballs up in the zone, but I did get a curveball that hung up (Soriano) and seemed like forever to get to the plate, I waited, and put it over the left center field fence. Also, Fukudome hit a slider low and inside that probably didn't get "15 feet" off the ground. I'm seeing hits all over the place, down the line, hits in the gap, bloopers, line drives. Nothing seems predetermined, unless it would be the opponent's 'big inning'. That seems to happen most games, but not all.

But to answer your question, I am using the sliders I posted a couple of pages back.

Here they are for those who haven't found them:

Thanks. I'm thinking my problem is just patients at the plate. I managed to draw 3 walks in the final 2 innings of my last game which is the most I've had in any game yet. I just get bored watching them go by and want swing away! lol My next game I'm gonna sit on some pitches and wait for one i recognize.

As for predetermined paths, go to batting practice and hold the left stick in HR direction. You will see the pattern. Same lines, different distance.

EDIT: Woohoo! Finally some power, lol. I'm making some progress. Pujols hit a ball into the upper deck but it barely cut foul. Then Khalil Greene of all people just hit one over the left center field wall without using the hit stick at all. Patients is paying off :) Thanks again for the tips, they seem to be helping.

i tried joerudi's sliders and i've noticed that batters are way too agressive. i used guru's sliders before and wanted to switch couse with his sliders cpu couldn't get a hit. with these sliders on the other hand cpu swings too often and i get out of the inning after 10 or less pitches. it seems to me that batting success slider also effects how often cpu will swing... which is really, really weird couse this should be determined by inside edge slider.

i tried joerudi's sliders and i've noticed that batters are way too agressive. i used guru's sliders before and wanted to switch couse with his sliders cpu couldn't get a hit. with these sliders on the other hand cpu swings too often and i get out of the inning after 10 or less pitches. it seems to me that batting success slider also effects how often cpu will swing... which is really, really weird couse this should be determined by inside edge slider.

Batting success is only for the user. Inside Edge only matters if you have inside edge on and/or bought (in franchise).

It is certain teams who will swing at everything (I noticed Houston is very impatient at the plate in this game, despite what the commentators tell you), but knowing how to pitch to them helps. You have to pitch smart to them or they will clobber you.

is there a slider to help computer hit breaking balls better. the latest sliders seem very good. santana threw 105 pitches in 7 innings. so the ai aggressiveness seems toned down. but they miss a lot of changeups and curveballs.

Batting success is only for the user. Inside Edge only matters if you have inside edge on and/or bought (in franchise).

It is certain teams who will swing at everything (I noticed Houston is very impatient at the plate in this game, despite what the commentators tell you), but knowing how to pitch to them helps. You have to pitch smart to them or they will clobber you.

it's not clobbering that bothers me, it's them swinging like hell. i pitch well of the plate, i pitch way up, i throw a fastball in the dirt - they swing.

and there is a batting success for both cpu and user. there's pitching sucess for cpu only. and i thing inside edge dictates how batters will react at the plate wheter you buy it or not. if a guy has a b in walks he'll look at more pitches while a guy that has a d will swing all the time. but with these sliders batters are swinging like there's no tommorrow, or so it feels like to me. i'm not bashing the sliders, i'm just wondering if anyone noticed the same thing.

it's not clobbering that bothers me, it's them swinging like hell. i pitch well of the plate, i pitch way up, i throw a fastball in the dirt - they swing.

and there is a batting success for both cpu and user. there's pitching sucess for cpu only. and i thing inside edge dictates how batters will react at the plate wheter you buy it or not. if a guy has a b in walks he'll look at more pitches while a guy that has a d will swing all the time. but with these sliders batters are swinging like there's no tommorrow, or so it feels like to me. i'm not bashing the sliders, i'm just wondering if anyone noticed the same thing.

Only against the more aggressive teams. No matter what sliders I use those teams always hit the same way though.

I'm throwing about 4-6 strikeouts per game, which is pretty close to realistic. I've seen it both ways though, sometimes they'll swing at a lot of junk, and other times they'll tighten up and let it go.

It hasn't been a problem for me to this point.

Was watching the Marlins/Mets game earlier on HD. Even after a couple of years, TBS graphics are still just sick. Took some screen shots, and am trying to recreate something close for my dynasty. I was wondering if anyone knew what font they use, I have no idea how to make my own. The one I'm using is called Kroftsman.

Archived