Getting Closer

JoeRudi26

Hey guys, I don't post here often, but I've been following the site for 4 years.. JR, and everyone else working on these sliders, I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and time on this. JR, your sliders kick @ss, and with the Hit Stick Influence up to 100 for HR's (and some minor tweaks for myself on fielder speed and user batting contact and CPU batting power up a bit) it's the most realistic feel I've experienced since MVP 08. Still getting the occasional outfielder misplay -- while CPU outfielders make amazing plays everywhere -- but I doubt sliders will help with that. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work. You're making a mediocre-at-best post patch game pretty great, and even with the bugs, it's still a lot of fun. I'm having trouble pulling the ball, but I think that's just my shot reflexes...

I would like to second the cudos for those putting the testing time in here. Two questions:

mjvbosox - when you say "Hit Stick Influence", what do you mean?

All - Little, tiny, stupid thing here, but is there any way to make these custom sliders work for the baseball cards? Mine, based on JR's (or i should say Guru's at the opening of this thread), say the trading cards won't be unlocked with these sliders.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what i found with the success contact power sliders so far. 70 success 35 contact 80 power Sox vs A's scored 6 runs as the Sox shutting out the A's Beckett pitched 8.2 shutout innings Okijima came in and got the last out with the bases loaded. Had a 3 Run homer by Youk, doubles by Youk and Veritek had 14 total hits in the game. The A's had 6 total hits 9 k's (all k's by Beckett).I'm gonna keep playing with these 3 sliders to help out the other people not using left stick for a few more games. Joe if theres anymore sliders you want help finding adjustments for just say so I'm enjoying trying to find perct mediums on this game, makes it seem more realistic trying to fine tune the sliders and getting myself beat on by the cpu for bad adjustments

Guys, since Snash put out the new rosters, I went ahead and started my season over, starting fresh with the new adjustment to the Hitting Influence slider. It's working out great for me so far, I even hit home runs with Soriano and Fukudome where I didn't touch the left stick at all. Just a fat pitch, good contact, and perfect timing. Here are the results of the real life schedule so far up until today. As you can see, the overall variety in numbers is still in tact, Houston even threw in a blowout, and I lost a heart breaker in the opening game at Milwaukee after holding a one run lead for 5 innings, only to lose it on a 2 run shot by Corey Hart in the bottom of the 8th. I'm going to keep these hitting sliders where they're at for the next 20 games or so and see if they're still solid. Now I just need to work on my baserunning..

April 6-9 vs Houston:

April 10 vs Milwaukee

Other home runs over the 4 games were by:

Houston

Greg Blum

Hunter Pence

Milwaukee

Ryan Braun

Corey Hart

heres last games some findings after the screen shots

2s9bswg.jpg

8yyj4n.jpg

302nwpw.jpg

Ok heres a couple things I found this game

1. Oakland batters will swing at just about any high or outside pitch so balls and strikes against them are screwed up

2. the outfielder just not catching the ball glitch happened twice to oakland resulting in 4 runs so scores off

3 adjusting success and contact gets more line drives and long foul fair balls.

4 changing the running speed up to 65 does affect regular baserunning resulting in more close infield hits/outs while keeping stolen base numbers reasonable and caught stealing reasonable at the same time

That sucks, I haven't seen the outfield glitch since the patch. (knocking on wood) B) That's good news on the contact and success sliders, at least we know how they are affecting hitting. Like I said, I've only used them in conjunction with everything else to this point.

Thanks for the input!

Check this out, the video quality isn't that great, but here's a good lesson in fundamentals that happened in my game against Milwaukee last night. J.J. Hardy hits a towering pop fly to the pitcher, and instead of running it out he gets mad and throws his bat down. I'm sure you've all seen this animation.

Funny thing is, the pitcher points to the ball (hard to see) and then I accidentally move him out of the way. Fontenot flies in and guns down Hardy for the out. :lol:

Even with the patch, outfielders run is slomo. Can sliders correct this?

I don't think so. I see this happen too, not always, but about half the time. I think there's a "vacuum" built in when a player is on a path to the ball, in other words, once you get in this vacuum, it's pretty much predetermined that you'll get to the ball, provided you don't stop your runner or suddenly move him in a different direction.

That said, this was absolutely broke before the patch. It happened almost all of the time, and the player didn't necessarily have to be on the "path", or in the "vacuum", and as we all know, the fielding in the outfield was horrid. Although I see it happen, it doesn't seem broke, or interfere with the flow of the game anymore. Kinda quirky, but not broke.

My point is, I don't think speeding up the fielders will fix it, the vacuum will still be there.

That sucks, I haven't seen the outfield glitch since the patch. (knocking on wood) B) That's good news on the contact and success sliders, at least we know how they are affecting hitting. Like I said, I've only used them in conjunction with everything else to this point.

Thanks for the input!

I have had to happen a couple of times, I thought it was me not having the guy at the exact point, but now maybe it was just this glitch?

x6hrvr.jpg

opn6e9.jpg

24cgnsz.jpg

second straight start Smoltz got hammered 12.68 era 0-2 3k's bullpen time for him.

had 1 more outfielder just not catch the ball glitch that let in a couple runs Bucholz came in hit 2 consecutive batters then the game fairly leveled out. had 4 wall balls for extra bases so i think i have the hitting without left stick under decent control.

I've been trying different things and decided to play a game with 0 contact, 75 success, 100 power. Previously I had contact at 10, success at 45, and power at 90. I was kind of surprised to see that I had right around the same number of hits even with contact at 0. If Success is how well you connect with the ball (contact being whether or not you actually hit it or not), I don't really want to lower success because I didn't hit any home runs. Oh, I also have Hit Direction at 100 since I play with the left stick. But, sometimes I wouldn't use it and it seemed like it didn't really affect where I hit the ball. So...should I increase the pitch speed so I don't catch up with every fastball? I wonder if it's like MVP where if the pitch speed is faster you get more power into a hit...

at this point I'm stumped myself i made no slider changes last game. Only change was I went back to Fenway against the orioles I'll post 1 screen shot and youll see where my confusion sets in I'm not sure if its a fluke or The adjustments i made 4 games back screwed up Fenway hitting

20ro3ud.jpg

now granted the Orioles are 1-8 coming into this game is this just all my players finally getting hot since i had alot of .100 or less batters or did the sliders effect fenway more than cali stadiums

I've been trying different things and decided to play a game with 0 contact, 75 success, 100 power. Previously I had contact at 10, success at 45, and power at 90. I was kind of surprised to see that I had right around the same number of hits even with contact at 0. If Success is how well you connect with the ball (contact being whether or not you actually hit it or not), I don't really want to lower success because I didn't hit any home runs. Oh, I also have Hit Direction at 100 since I play with the left stick. But, sometimes I wouldn't use it and it seemed like it didn't really affect where I hit the ball. So...should I increase the pitch speed so I don't catch up with every fastball? I wonder if it's like MVP where if the pitch speed is faster you get more power into a hit...

I went with your train of thought on this one and it seems to work quite well. I'm playing a game right now with the yanks (cpu) and the tigers (me), much more solid contact is being made for both sides, but the cpu is still taking pitches and being patient which was suprising. When I play the yankees usually they hack at everything, even after the patch . Nick swisher hit an absolute bomb to dead center after he worked me for 7 pitches. I've never seen the cpu hit a ball that hard and I've played almost 100 games now. Still got lots more testing to do with these but so far so good. I'll post my adjustments in case anybody wants to try em out.

the only things I've changed from jr's intial set is putting user Batting Success to 55, user contact to 0, and user power at 95.

Cpu sliders are, Batting Success at 65 , Batting Contact at 0 and Batting Power at 95

I've also upped the Ai pitch sucess to 60 to try and offset the increased power. Lowered Ai strike zone to 0 and also lowered Ai pitch zone tendency to 5.

Not perfect by any means and like said they still need to be tested lots more but I have noticed a pretty decent change in hitting for both user and cpu. Give em a try and we can try to work from there.

mjvbosox - when you say "Hit Stick Influence", what do you mean?

Sorry about that, meant 'Zone Hitting Influence', which I have at 100 right now, 'Inside Edge Batting Zone Influence' is currently at 50. Not sure the difference between the two... I think the first means if it's in the strike zone, a higher number increases your chance of hitting it well, where as Inside Edge means the hot and cold areas of the zone for each hitter play a part. Anyway, with these settings I hit about 1 homer every two games, and a few wall-balls per game (with Power at 100, success at 45, contact at 30). Thinking of increasing Inside Edge... man, why can't 2K just get it right so we don't have to spend so much time on this?

OK JR i played another game with them. I changed the AI hitting to 80/40/100 and kept mine at 40/40/100. I didn't hit any HR's this game but i did have some good pop with 3 doubles. I won the game 4-3. I think I'm going to give them 2 more games to see if i get any power out of them before i try changing them again.

What would you change to get more power but not more hits? I have success at 40, contact 40, power 100.

What exactly are these two options since mjvbosox isnt sure?

Zone hitting = Only matters if you use zone hitting to bat instead of normal hitting, pretty self explanatory from there?

IE Batting Zone = (Not positive on this one) How effective certain pitches are in certain zones against the batter when IE is on.

Mine are at:

Batting Success - 45

Batting Contact - 30

Batting Power - 100

I've hit 6 home runs in the first 4 games, and 2 of those were without using the left stick. One was a monster shot by Soriano that cleared the stadium in left field at Minute Maid Park. Derrek Lee hit 2 in one game in the win against Houston. My point is, I may have to tone my batting power down to 75 or 80, depending on how the next few games turn out. I don't want to overdo it.

But remember, I didn't start hitting home runs until I upped the Hit Direction Influence slider to 100. I was hitting the ball pretty decent, just didn't seem to have enough power to clear the fences. But to answer your question, it would seem that contact and success both would need to go down to lower base hits, but keep your power at 100. That's really the only advice I can give, because it is in fact working for me. Hitting the right pitches make the world of difference too. As you can see where I posted earlier today, I'm averaging about 3.5 runs, 8.5 hits, and a little over 1 homerun per game.

I absolutely blasted a shot with Soriano and didn't touch the stick. High, fastball at my chin, and I turned on it and got every bit of it. I could feel the difference of hitting that pitch, as compared to making decent just contact with something that may have been moving away in the zone.

The game is barely a month old, eventually we'll get it there.

I'll give those a try for my next game. I have the hit influence at 100 and use it when my power hitters are up, but only luck has been doubles. My problem is patience at the plate. I swing at the first pitch that's in the zone...

It doesn't make sense. I set it at 45/0/90 and blast them like nothing, and then i set 40/40/100 and can't hit one. Wtf?

I'll give those a try for my next game. I have the hit influence at 100 and use it when my power hitters are up, but only luck has been doubles. My problem is patience at the plate. I swing at the first pitch that's in the zone...

It doesn't make sense. I set it at 45/0/90 and blast them like nothing, and then i set 40/40/100 and can't hit one. Wtf?

95% of the time I make the CPU throw a strike. Eventually, they'll put one in the wheelhouse. This also gives you a chance to look at a few pitches, what "he's" throwing, where "he's" throwing, and thus enables and raises the odds if/when you guess on a pitch.

And when you guess right.. B)

95% of the time I make the CPU throw a strike. Eventually, they'll put one in the wheelhouse. This also gives you a chance to look at a few pitches, what "he's" throwing, where "he's" throwing, and thus enables and raises the odds if/when you guess on a pitch.

And when you guess right.. B)

We approach hitting in this game the same way.

*Working on my Dynasty as we speak. Hope to have the 1st series played/posted by Monday night. ;)

We approach hitting in this game the same way.

*Working on my Dynasty as we speak. Hope to have the 1st series played/posted by Monday night. ;)

I'm looking forward to it, M. You've been kind of quiet about it lately.

(I figured you were up to something) :ph34r:

Archived