Getting Closer

JoeRudi26

Only against the more aggressive teams. No matter what sliders I use those teams always hit the same way though.

i tried this with sox against tampa. i played at least five against them with ai batting succes at 25 and contact at 15 (guru post patch sliders). i usually threw 8-10k's and pitched shutouts.

then i tried these sliders and i'm still pitching 10k's even though i don't pitch shutouts due to cpu's improved offense. but now they are almoust as agressive as pre-patch. i played four games. i know it's a small sample but still...

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tried this with sox against tampa. i played at least five against them with ai batting succes at 25 and contact at 15 (guru post patch sliders). i usually threw 8-10k's and pitched shutouts.

then i tried these sliders and i'm still pitching 10k's even though i don't pitch shutouts due to cpu's improved offense. but now they are almoust as agressive as pre-patch. i played four games. i know it's a small sample but still...

Oh you're pitching against the same teams as before, that weren't aggressive? I'm not sure then. But then again... I forgot i changed my AI hitting sliders to success/contact/power to 80/40/100. I don't remember what the default ones were. I'm getting some good outcomes with those though as long as i pitch right, if i make a mistake even once I get in trouble quick though. I also changed all my pitching gestures to 90 and use total control pitching if anyone wants to give those a try.

I appologize if this has been answered already, but do everyone's sliders give them a message saying they won't be able to collect 'trading cards' unless there setting is a pro or higher? If so, any way around this?

Yes we all get it. Set your sliders to 1 notch above pro to be able to unlock cards.

You either get good gameplay, or basically useless cards.

That's happened to me a few times also, the type of hits that before the patch turned out into sure home runs now they seem to lose steam and barely even reach the warning track (even though the commentators get all excited and for a second there you think you got it, very annoying). I was wondering if this was happening to most people.

All the time for me, announcer says "all the way to the warning track" when it's barely halfway into the outfield... but only when I get the loud 'crack' on a high pitch.

All the time for me, announcer says "all the way to the warning track" when it's barely halfway into the outfield... but only when I get the loud 'crack' on a high pitch.

Exactly. I wonder if it's just a matter of better timing or if it's related to the left stick. Also, does anybody know if using the right stick for batting renders different results than using the classic button? I would think they should be exactly the same, and I am using the button because I get a bit tired of doing that whole motion everytime (also it's easier to check your swing with the button), but if using total control plays it better then I may have to change it.

Exactly. I wonder if it's just a matter of better timing or if it's related to the left stick. Also, does anybody know if using the right stick for batting renders different results than using the classic button? I would think they should be exactly the same, and I am using the button because I get a bit tired of doing that whole motion everytime (also it's easier to check your swing with the button), but if using total control plays it better then I may have to change it.

I've seen no difference, same amount of hits and HR's. I used the stick a lot but went back to the button. Stick was cool at first but it's nothing special. I like the pitching stick a lotthough.

Thanks, gobluen07. I should have mentioned my sliders were for user hitting. CPU hitting was lower (50 success, 20 contact, 80 power). I'll give yours a try and see how the cpu does. I just changed my pitching sliders to make it tougher on me, so I may see more CPU hits anyway.

Cool, I actually stuck with what I had with cpu success at 55, contact at 0 and and power at 95. I lowered it for me to 50/0/85. I'm getting good a good varience in scores and gameplay. My first series in my M's franchise angainst the twins the scores were 2-1(L), 3-2(W), 5-1(W) and 3-2(L). The next series against Oakland has been more high scoring first game I got crushed 9-2 with Silva starting we gave up 18 hits walked 4, gave up dingers to Cust and Holliday and used 5 pitchers. Second game we turned the tables and won 7-2, I hit Hrs with Jr and Beltre without even touching the left stick, through 6 games we have 7 total homeruns and have given up 5.

I think I'm gonna stick with these sliders for my franchise cuz honestley I'm tired of tweaking for right now and these seem to bring a lot of variation in play. Hit totals were low in the first series averaging about 14 total per game and high in this series averaging about 22 total a game. So I'm gonna see how these work out over the season.

Hello all,

Just got the game awhile ago(PC) and put on the recent patch. Having fun playing the game and like many of you I am playing with the sliders to make it as realistic as possible. Thnaks to all of you who are putting inthe time with them. It is a great help.

This is a silly question.

The files that are posted for sliders in this thread.....I unzipped thinking they were perhaps a text file to read and input manually but was wrong. If they get installed into the game, where do they go?

If I am way off, please let me know....nicely :)

Thanks

Jamie

Cool, I actually stuck with what I had with cpu success at 55, contact at 0 and and power at 95. I lowered it for me to 50/0/85. I'm getting good a good varience in scores and gameplay. My first series in my M's franchise angainst the twins the scores were 2-1(L), 3-2(W), 5-1(W) and 3-2(L). The next series against Oakland has been more high scoring first game I got crushed 9-2 with Silva starting we gave up 18 hits walked 4, gave up dingers to Cust and Holliday and used 5 pitchers. Second game we turned the tables and won 7-2, I hit Hrs with Jr and Beltre without even touching the left stick, through 6 games we have 7 total homeruns and have given up 5.

I think I'm gonna stick with these sliders for my franchise cuz honestley I'm tired of tweaking for right now and these seem to bring a lot of variation in play. Hit totals were low in the first series averaging about 14 total per game and high in this series averaging about 22 total a game. So I'm gonna see how these work out over the season.

Sounds good. It looks like you are still able to hit HRs with success at 50 and power at 85? Maybe my problem is I use the left stick for every hit so when I'm trying to swing for the fences I time it wrong and don't get the distance? I wonder if the game gives you a little more leeway if you don't use the stick.

Sounds good. It looks like you are still able to hit HRs with success at 50 and power at 85? Maybe my problem is I use the left stick for every hit so when I'm trying to swing for the fences I time it wrong and don't get the distance? I wonder if the game gives you a little more leeway if you don't use the stick.

Yeah I stopped using the left stick unless I need to pull the ball or if I'm trying to get a sac fly. I turned that slider down to 35 to force myself to rely more on timing and making good contact. I found myself trying to use it way to much and I wasn't doing anything but hitting a lot of pop ups. And with the sliders the way they are now I'm still getting some good contact ground balls are getting through 1st and 3rd base side too not just up the middle. I made a couple mistake pitches to really good hitters and they put em deep in the stands just like they would in real life. I threw some high cheese to jack cust and he hit it at least 470 feet lol. I'm very happy with these so far

If they get installed into the game, where do they go?

If I am way off, please let me know....nicely :)

Thanks

Jamie

I have Vista 64, here's the path:

C-Users-Your Name-AppData-Roaming-2K Sports-MLB 2K9-Saves

Just drop the file in this folder, and load them in the game. Not sure about other operating systems, maybe someone else will let you know.

I have Vista 64, here's the path:

C-Users-Your Name-AppData-Roaming-2K Sports-MLB 2K9-Saves

Just drop the file in this folder, and load them in the game. Not sure about other operating systems, maybe someone else will let you know.

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Username)\Application Data\2K Sports\MLB 2K9\Saves

*Application Data is a hidden folder.

I posted this in other topic for wicked420 and works fine. I hope that's same results for HR's trouble.

This sets are for Total control batting without LS

In Operation Sports this post was very useful for me for batting HR's without use the LS:

Where do you have Batting Pitch Influence @? This is the slider that determines how well you hit HR's with or without using the L-STICK

My sets are:

User Batting Success:40

User Batting Contact:20

User Batting Power:100

but,

Batting Pitch Influence:50

This settings realy help me batting HR's without LS

Atkins go deep twice in my second game against D-Backs and Tulowisky blast the ball once.

Stewart and Hawpe has back to back HR's in my first game at Cubs today, and Stewart batting Pinch hitter.

Probe this and tell me wath happen with u.

And this is wicked420's post after use this sets:

I got em going thanks to elpatorojas.

Here is what I'm using with great results:

User Batting success 30

User Contact 30

User Power 100

Batter Pitch Influence: 45

AI Batting Success 80

AI Contact 40

AI Power 95

AI Pitch Success: 45

sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

is there a way to stop cpu 6 run rallies in the 8th or 9th inning. they hit everything there... i pitch great 8 innings, hold em to 2 or 3 runs and then they hit single after single even though i pitch around them. i'm really frustrated with this game...

You just have to use your pitches wisely use your fastball sparingly and only to set up off speed and breaking balls. Inside edge really helps a lot in those situations.

is there a way to stop cpu 6 run rallies in the 8th or 9th inning. they hit everything there... i pitch great 8 innings, hold em to 2 or 3 runs and then they hit single after single even though i pitch around them. i'm really frustrated with this game...

Just curious if we are playing with the same exact sliders. Although I do believe you have to be extremely careful when pitching at any point in the game, after 7 games into my season (3-4, real life schedule) you can see I've only been beat once from the 8th inning on (vs Milwaukee 5-4 loss). I do agree the computer has big innings (as in real life), but I've not seen it to be a problem every time late in the game, even through testing countless games before I started my season.

That said though, I personally think the pressure to hold a slim lead sometimes causes me to press, and I end up throwing pitches over the plate rather than put a guy on base with a walk. Either way, the pitching IMO is challenging, and the results I'm getting are pretty balanced.

For example, in my last played game (vs Colorado), I was holding a 4-0 lead into the 6th inning, a couple of guys got on and the next thing I know Tulo put one onto Waveland, knotting the game at 4 apiece. Needless to say, I was pi$ed. :angry: My point is, I bounced right back, held on in the late innings, and won by a couple of runs. It's been a challenge, and I don't know what's going to happen every time I step onto the field.

And this is wicked420's post after use this sets:

I got em going thanks to elpatorojas.

Here is what I'm using with great results:

User Batting success 30

User Contact 30

User Power 100

Batter Pitch Influence: 45

AI Batting Success 80

AI Contact 40

AI Power 95

sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

I tweaked those a little bit to:

User Batting success 40

User Contact 30

User Power 100

Batter Pitch Influence: 40

AI Batting Success 80

AI Contact 40

AI Power 85

Good games JR!

I've tried both slider tweaks from elpatorojas, and JR and I'm still getting killed. I leave players on base, and can't get the big hit to get them home. Cpu hits the ball very well, but I can't get scratch. Usually the first or second inning is deadly for me. I always find myself trailing by 5 or 6 runs early.

I've tried both slider tweaks from elpatorojas, and JR and I'm still getting killed.

I hear you, man, I'm not exactly getting killed, but it's a challenge to put runs on the board. Here's today's game against Colorado (April 15). I'm 3-5 and I'm telling you, with each one of those wins I felt like I actually accomplished something. Not just scoring runs, but holding the opponent off as well.

As you can see, I could absolutely not get anything going at the plate today. I've got the 1st place Cards coming up to round out the week, so I'm going to need a little luck just to scrape out a single win.

I hear you, man, I'm not exactly getting killed, but it's a challenge to put runs on the board. Here's today's game against Colorado (April 15). I'm 3-5 and I'm telling you, with each one of those wins I felt like I actually accomplished something. Not just scoring runs, but holding the opponent off as well.

As you can see, I could absolutely not get anything going at the plate today. I've got the 1st place Cards coming up to round out the week, so I'm going to need a little luck just to scrape out a single win.

I'm feelin about the same right now, I'm 4-6 right and playin the last game of our series against the angels who have completely shut us down through the first 2 games. We have only been able to scratch out 2 runs to their 8. It definitely feels like an accomplishment to win a game, and all of my losses have been legit,after king felix and bedard my rotatation is a toss up. I got a feeling its gonna be loooong season.

Speaking of the series with the upcoming Cardinals, I scouted out some numbers to see what was going on with their team. Looks like Ankiel is leading the way:

Cardinals

Hitting:

1. Rick Ankiel - .352/5/9 (.450 OBP/.823 SLG %/1.273 OPS)

2. Ryan Ludwick - .317/2/10

3. Troy Glaus -.297/3/9

*Albert Pujols - .257/2/5

Pitching:

1. Ryan Franklin - 2-0/0.00/1.20 WHIP

2. Jason Mottle - 1-0/0.00/0.67 WHIP

3. Kyle Lohse - 1-0/2.70/1.05 WHIP

-----------------------------------------------

Cubs

Hitting:

1. Alfonso Soriano - .379/2/5

2. Derrek Lee - .305/3/8

3. Mike Fontenot - .307/0/1

* Aramis Ramirez - 225/2/5

Pitching:

1. Carlos Zambrano - 1-1/1.10/.080 WHIP

2. Ryan Dempster - 1-1/2.03/1.28 WHIP

3. Rich Harden - 1-1/5.84/1.38 WHIP

On paper, the match up doesn't look all that bad. Their pitching is pretty solid, and when Albert starts to produce (and he will), the Central is going to be tough to compete in.

Archived