Getting Closer

JoeRudi26

Just got done testing the Hitting Influence slider in batting practice. With it set to 0, I didn't hit any homeruns over 20 pitches. Bumped the slider to 50, and I hit 7 homeruns out of 20, holding the stick up. (with Ryan Howard)

Not sure how effective this will be in game, but at least we know this is the answer. I'll start it out at 50 in the game, and work with it from there.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much just this:

User contact 30 to 25 (banged out a few to many hits in general for showing no patience)

CPU power 50 to 45 (they hit 4 in one game cause of missed pitches/meatballs probably due to the increased pitching challenge and too many strikes so I will change this slightly for now)

Hit dir Influence 0 to 50 ( cannot hit a homer with a power hitter on a fat pitch ever)

No homers but your test seems optomistic that it works by direction influence. With the variety I am seein in this game i am probably goona just ride it out with your default sliders and adjust the direction influence to 50 and play 5 games before making any switches.

Who were the pitchers? Who were they pitching against?

I had 9 strikeouts (8 innings, around 90 pitches) with Lilly today against the 0-3 Brewers, in a game which I still lost. But that's the most I've seen from any pitcher so far.

Santana had the 14 against Philly(still the whole team no trades)

Hamels had 12 against the Phils also

trying it now on the reset franchise and so far thru 2 innings Santana has 4 k's

only problem i'm having right now is ANY left handed pitcher i use the slider is 99% of the time a curve .

trying to figure out whats up with that but no matter what i try im still getting curves not sliders >< :blink:

I saw something like this too. It has something to do with the pitches in general (post patch). There's obviously less control, but there seems to be an issue with the gesture itself. Not sure if it's way off, or just more difficult to pull off.

I saw something like this too. It has something to do with the pitches in general (post patch). There's obviously less control, but there seems to be an issue with the gesture itself. Not sure if it's way off, or just more difficult to pull off.

Seems it's just more difficult to pull off. Also think that the pitcher's rating with a pitch comes into play more now. Good rating with a pitch, more wiggle room with the gesture, and visa-versa. Just my early observations, post-patch.

BTW, I was playing a test game in my season and the first time up Ramirez got a pitch to drive. Rare, but it happened. And he put it in the left field seats. :D

So far so good with the Hit Influence at 50. Will keep it there for a 5-10 games and see what happens. Don't want to over do it, will take it down if necessary.

Seems it's just more difficult to pull off. Also think that the pitcher's rating with a pitch comes into play more now. Good rating with a pitch, more wiggle room with the gesture, and visa-versa. Just my early observations, post-patch.

I hope that's the way it works. I was having trouble throwing a slider too, and getting a curveball. Like I said when I first started playing with these sliders, you (or at least I) have to buckle down and pay attention with each pitch, or I get obliterated. :huh:

I hope that's the way it works. I was having trouble throwing a slider too, and getting a curveball. Like I said when I first started playing with these sliders, you (or at least I) have to buckle down and pay attention with each pitch, or I get obliterated. :huh:

Don't get me wrong, same with me as well. Pre-patch, I would every now and then botch my slider motions and throw a curve. Just seems harder now with certain pitchers to nail the slider.(Oh no, I'm sounding like someone else.. ;)) Might need to play with the gesture slider though, if things get too out-of-hand.

Maestro the only time i'm having issues is when the motions from left to right on lefthanded pitchers. if its the right to left motion for slider it nails it everytime. Jest seems a little screwy to me that i can bust it off on the 1 motion but the other way its almost always a curve

2 bonuses to this team tho electro it was picked by my 8 year old cousin is 1 bonus keeps him occupied when he's here at my house and it actually plays as a more balanced lineup than it looks like seeing the numbers from that game. the last games boxscore looks funky as hell mainly due to all the walk in runs in the 8th inning. 1 other thing to remember I'm not really a baseball purist, not after 100% accurate lineups and all that right now sinece i play 100% accurate lineups and rotations on NBA 2k9. Besides when you think about it This looks like a typical yankees style roster, spend lotsa cash (cash wins more games) and build a talent heavy underacheiver team. So really looking at this lineup i think my 8 year old cousin can replace Brian Cashman and be the Yanks gm

I played my first game with these sliders, and had a tough time throwing strikes. My placement was good, but alot of pitches ended up way outside to the left batter's box.

That happens to me sometimes too but I think its more attributed to the patch than the sliders. It makes it more realistic to me though. Before the patch I could always hit whatever spot I wanted to and that just doesn't happen in reality.

That happens to me sometimes too but I think its more attributed to the patch than the sliders. It makes it more realistic to me though. Before the patch I could always hit whatever spot I wanted to and that just doesn't happen in reality.

gobluen's right, it's definitely the patch. Not sure exactly what they adjusted, but without a doubt it's more challenging. I'm loving the fact that I can't mow batters down without having to adjust with each pitch.

I have to agree. pre patch I could just about throw any pitch for a strike at anytime. Now, I struggled and Derek Lowe got his butt kicked. Braves lost to Phillies 10-1 in game 1.

I have to work harder and think about each pitch a bit more now. It makes the game more interesting, I think.

I have to agree. pre patch I could just about throw any pitch for a strike at anytime. Now, I struggled and Derek Lowe got his butt kicked. Braves lost to Phillies 10-1 in game 1.

I have to work harder and think about each pitch a bit more now. It makes the game more interesting, I think.

I think the most runs I've given up are 6 (vs Houston & Milwaukee), but I have to be very careful where I put the ball. If I notice a slider or a curveball is missing in a certain location, I have to try and adjust accordingly.

I don't care what anyone says about this game, but 2K9 is on to something with the pitching mechanics.

I think the most runs I've given up are 6 (vs Houston & Milwaukee), but I have to be very careful where I put the ball. If I notice a slider or a curveball is missing in a certain location, I have to try and adjust accordingly.

I don't care what anyone says about this game, but 2K9 is on to something with the pitching mechanics.

I agree I really like the pitching in this game now. Getting a quality strike out feels right now and not cheap like they did before.

I agree I really like the pitching in this game now. Getting a quality strike out feels right now and not cheap like they did before.

Especially if you get one "looking". I'm good for about 2 of those a game. You actually feel like you accomplished something.

Archived