MVPMods Community Rosters Ver 1.2

Snash13

Nice roster there !!! ;)

But I got a problem with the roster : it's all about a-rod.

I opened a new yankees franchise, call him up, play the opener and it's fine

but the game crash when he is playing in the 2nd game (vs. Bal) once he enters the batter 's box :(

I've tried a couple of times of changing batting orders, still no luck.

Is there a bug with franchise or some adjustments in editing his profile will do any good ?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What steal sliders are you all using with this roster? Also CPU hitting sliders? I have the cpu hitting sliders at 8,0 /30/100 and am striking out 2 an inning. (Why is the number eighty a smiley?...)

I'd like to use the rosters but it seems way too many slider adjustments are needed. Does anyone have a good slider set for this roster?

Here are a few quick things to fix.

The back off Russel Martin's jersey should say "J. Martin"

Brad Lidge has way too many pitches, it has him with 5 pitches when all he throws is a slider and a fastball.

Ryan Howard (even though he lost 22 pounds) needs to be bigger, bring him up one full body size.

Prince Fielder also should be brought up one full body size to enormous.

Shane Victorino should have a double-flapped helmet.

That's all for now. Just a few minor things.

I'm not sure what the progress is on the rosters currently. Though I don't believe anyone has purchased a roster editor (and I have no plans to do so) so some things may not be possible yet. But thanks for the info and if it's adjustable I'm sure one of the guys will get to it.

What steal sliders are you all using with this roster? Also CPU hitting sliders? I have the cpu hitting sliders at 8,0 /30/100 and am striking out 2 an inning. (Why is the number eighty a smiley?...)

I'd like to use the rosters but it seems way too many slider adjustments are needed. Does anyone have a good slider set for this roster?

I use Darkspace's rosters, and have for 40+ games. It plays very well for me, and I am currently playing with IE on and the influence set to 100 (anything lower disables cards). One could easily make some improvements for their style with disabling the cards feature. For me, there's nothing too necessary to change and the cards offer a little fun challenge in each game.

Here are my slider settings, using Darkspace as a base. I''ve made a few chnges to increase the difficulty for me. I am still tinkering with user pitching to make it realistically challenging for me. If I walk a couple guys unintentionally, I'm happy. These sliders average out at about the upper All-Star level for hitting and a little above legend for pitching.

Pitcher Fatigue: 50 (may go to 45, since I take and throw quite a bit of pitches)

User's Batting options

60/40/65/100/100/90/25(OFF)/25(OFF)/30(OFF)/40/40

Computer's Batting options

60/60/95/100/100/90/50/50

User's Pitching options

100/90/90/30/65/95/90/95

Computer's Pitching options

55/90/0/5/90

User's Fielding options

45/95/60

Computer's Fielding options

50/60

Users's Running options

55/50/40

Computer's Running options

75/70/65/70/65/50

Game Settings:

Injuries = OFF

Active BullPen = OFF

Catchers Suggestions = OFF

Inside Edge = OFF/Removed (I have it back ON, but am undecided as to how to proceed from here)

DH = BOTH

SmartHold = ON

Hurry Up Baseball = OFF

Ball Trail = OFF

Strikezone = OFF

Dynamic Landing Indicator = FIXED

Vibration = OFF

Zone Hitting = OFF

Pinpoint Pitching = OFF

Batters Eye = OFF

3 step pitching/Release Timing = ON

...I lead the league in hit batters with 12. Next closest team has 7. This is not the result of any revisions but more to do with User pitching with no cursor....IMO. makes the game much more interesting

Man I tried that no cursor and it definately wasn't for me...lol. I was either hitting the batter or getting hit like crazy.

Thanks Circle, I'll give those a try next time I play.

Not sure how you are at pitching (or if you use 3-step pitching), but I checked my sliders and have hold slider at 30 (lower is more difficult), and release timing at 50 (lower is more difficult). I keep lowering these as I get better.

Not sure how you are at pitching (or if you use 3-step pitching), but I checked my sliders and have hold slider at 30 (lower is more difficult), and release timing at 50 (lower is more difficult). I keep lowering these as I get better.

Wait, lower is better? I've had that backwards! I use 3 step pitching. I haven't played in a couple weeks so I'm probably not too good right now, but whenever I get the urge to come back and play I'll adjust them as I progress.

Those sliders are no left stick HR sliders right?

No, I'VE got it backwards!!!

Hold timing, lower is harder.

Realease timing, higher is harder.

I screwed up. I figured it out after Wellemeyer threw 21 straight strikes. I was like, wuh?

I have hold timing at 20, release timing at 65. Gesture at 90, meter speed at 95.

I'm going to try these in my my next game: HT=20, RT=70, PM=100, Gesture=95.

I've never used left stick. Generally, only my big boys go deep with guys like Duncan hitting gaps. I have, however, hit a bomb with both Greene and Molina, but the pitches were up, and I got em. I got one with Schu and never with Rasmus. I don;t think I've hit one with Glaus either, but that dude never gets any pitches. THey seem to pitch him like they do Pujols. The difference being Pujols can take an outside corner pitch over LC wall, Glaus cannot. HOwever, Glaus does lead my team in weak grounders to 3rd, so he's got that going for him.

Glaus sucks in my franchise too, he got traded after hitting around .200 with 1 HR in April. I'll try those out too.

EDIT: Using those sliders you posted (With the pitching adjustments) I cannot unlock cards. Not that I care, but just letting ya know.

Decided to play a game to test them, I didn't get very good results. I couldn't get much pop out of my bat, and I got a lot of bloop hits. I'll play another game some other day to make sure it wasn't a fluke game.

EDIT: Using those sliders you posted (With the pitching adjustments) I cannot unlock cards. Not that I care, but just letting ya know.

You have to start with "pro" sliders and make adjustments from there. It's a pain in the butt. It's 2k.

Decided to play a game to test them, I didn't get very good results. I couldn't get much pop out of my bat, and I got a lot of bloop hits. I'll play another game some other day to make sure it wasn't a fluke game.

I would ahve guessed just the opposite. I would have figured that guys used to playing with some of the other sliders would comment (negatively) on the increased contact.

I get pretty good contact, as does the the AI (especially with IE off/turned-down), and the action is rather fast paced.

I would have thought people would complain about that, but so far no one has.

I'm guessing that user contact will be more common in another game or two played. There's usually really good pop, even on routine flies and grounders. Weak contact usually results in foul balls (for me).

Edit: Wicked, there has come a point with 2k7 and 2k8 where us customers have just accepted that the game is playing as well as it can, given the programming and limitations of he sliders. We may be to that point with 2k9 ... in May, no less.

Hey all,

So I want to start a new dynasty using the Nationals and MVPcommunity 1.2 rosters. Where do I find Jordan Zimmermann?

I saw on another forum that he is Jake Zito but I don't see him either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Work on the rosters stalled due to finals and other commitments.

A new update is in the pipe. I have no idea on a ETA right now though

finals? who needs finals anyway, haha...

jk, good luck and thanks for all the work dude.

Sorry, but can anyone tell me how to make this roster usable? I've downloaded and extracted it, but I'm not sure where to put it. Under my 2ksprts/mlb2k9 folder there is no sub folders, just thousand of files. Where should I put the roster to make it work? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but can anyone tell me how to make this roster usable? I've downloaded and extracted it, but I'm not sure where to put it. Under my 2ksprts/mlb2k9 folder there is no sub folders, just thousand of files. Where should I put the roster to make it work? Thanks in advance.

Here is a slightly edited ReadMe for the 1.1 version. I think the 1.2 version also has a Readme, but can't remember off the top of my head.

How To Install

--------------

For XP users:

Extract the MVPMods12.ROS save file to your /Documents and Settings/2K Sports/MLb 2k9/Saves folder

and load the roster file in the game.

For Vista Users:

Goto My Computer and click the Organize tab at the top left, Click Folder and Search Options and select the

view tab. Ensure that the button labeled Show Hidden Files and Folders under the folder Hidden Files and Folders

is selected. If it is not selected then select it.

Proceed to the Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/2K Sports/MLB 2k9/Saves folder and extract the MVPMods12.ROS save

file and load it in the game.

I'd like to use this roster, I have the Direct2Drive download version of the game. Only problem is there is no 2k Sports/MLB 2k9/Saves folder anywhere. In fact I cannot find where it saves the Franchise or rosters anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it with this version of the game?

If you're using XP you'll find the directory under [main drive]:/documents & settings/[your account]/application data/2K sports.

Make sure that in the explorer menu under [tools/folder options/view] you have "Show hidden files and folders" ticked because application data is a hidden folder in XP.

Just use extract the .rar file into your saves folder under 2K sports, load it in game, and there you go.

Archived