• Last Reply

File Name: MVPMods Community Rosters Ver 1.2

File Submitter: Snash13

File Submitted: 23 Apr 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Rosters

See Readme for changes from 1.1

Click here to download this file

Snash-

What sliders do you use with the roster? Although slightly better, I still feel like the AI swings way too much...the AI pitcher is also way too accurate...in reality pitchers have at least a handful of pitches that are way out of the strike zone whereas in this game I maybe have 5 the whole time (this may not have been tweaked yet)...I guess I'm trying to figure out what is due to the roster tweaks and what is due to slider settings...

Great job overall and I'll be back with some input on the A's...btw, are pitch speeds/pitch ratings tweaked?

Snash-

What sliders do you use with the roster? Although slightly better, I still feel like the AI swings way too much...the AI pitcher is also way too accurate...in reality pitchers have at least a handful of pitches that are way out of the strike zone whereas in this game I maybe have 5 the whole time (this may not have been tweaked yet)...I guess I'm trying to figure out what is due to the roster tweaks and what is due to slider settings...

Great job overall and I'll be back with some input on the A's...btw, are pitch speeds/pitch ratings tweaked?

In my first game with these rosters and the sliders I almost always use (Darkspace), Buehrle walked Jacobs in the 1st, had 3 balls on a batter, and 2 on another (all in the first inning .... I've paused it in the 3rd).

I don;t see too many pitches in a major league baseball game that are unintentionall "way out of the strike zone". Also, with the camera angles and the size of the zone, it's not likely for many pitches to appear way out of the zone. Most balls are fairly cose to the zone.

I played some games (5-6) previously with the same roster edits and had some difficulty getting guys like D-Lee and Chipper to chase with 2 strikes. Success with them came with change-ups on fastball calls (cather suggestions).

Som of this is going to to be due to 2K programming a game that features lots of strikes for a faster paced game. There's only so much roster eidts and sliders can do without wrecking the simmed games of non-user played games.

Rangers are still incorrect, it should look like this...

Starting Pitching:

Millwood

Padilla

McCarthy

Benson (must be created so I understand him not being here)

Harrison

If you don't want to create Benson then have Feldman start in his place and bring up Mendoza from the AAA instead of leaving the Rangers roster one man short.

Opening Day Bullpen was:

Francisco (CL)

Wilson (SU)

Rupe (MR)

Guardado (MR)

Madrigal (LR) (was only here until Eyre came off D.L.)

Feldman (LR)

Jennings (LR)

Current Bullpen:

Francisco (CL)

Wilson (SU)

Holland (MR) (from AAA)

Guardado (MR)

Darren O'Day (MR) (formerly of the Mets)

Feldman (LR)

Jennings (LR)

(There has been a lot of changes in the bullpen lately due to injury, so who knows what the long term plan is) (Currently Benson is on the D.L. with Feldman taking his place in the rotation and AAA'er Mendoza in the bullpen)

The lineup you have is way off. You have a few guys playing out of position and Andrus (top prospect) not starting.

Lineup:

Kinsler (2B)

Young (3B)

Hamilton (CF)

Blalock (DH)

Cruz (RF)

Murphy (LF)

Davis (1B)

Saltalamacchia ( C )

Andrus (SS)

Bench:

Vizquel (utility infielder)

Teagarden ( C )

Byrd (mainly plays LF)

Jones (subs in as DH)

I'd like to use this roster, I have the Direct2Drive download version of the game. Only problem is there is no 2k Sports/MLB 2k9/Saves folder anywhere. In fact I cannot find where it saves the Franchise or rosters anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it with this version of the game?

Are we able to load this roster with our current franchises we've started?

Nope.

Unfortunately that has not been possible on any game.

It was possible with MVP 2005, It was a tywiggins program that did the magic

HAHAHAHA I did it

I stuck snash's roster in my franchise

Tomorrow I will work on a program to do it automatically, because I do not even want to try explain how to do it with a hex editor

Now remember ANY roster moves you have made will be lost.

Program should be done tomorrow, Saturday at the latest (I have a bunch of real life crap I have to do tomorrow)

All credit for the ratings adjustment goto Hoop27.

This guy really put in the time over the past couple weeks on this stuff. The results he shared with me were awesome.

I just change names ;)

I suppose that means all blame for ratings goes to me too. LOL

If you have and roster changes that you think needs to be done please PM Snash13 so he can keep it all in one place.

tyvm.

HAHAHAHA I did it

I stuck snash's roster in my franchise

Tomorrow I will work on a program to do it automatically, because I do not even want to try explain how to do it with a hex editor

Now remember ANY roster moves you have made will be lost.

Program should be done tomorrow, Saturday at the latest (I have a bunch of real life crap I have to do tomorrow)

Obviously, I meant it could not be done without a "3rd party program" or mod. That's awesome. i had no idea there was even a program that did it for MVP. Great work. I look forward to the release. pretty cool.

I said fudge em all and made everyone worse ;)

And we aren't charging ten bucks either ;)

Your effort to fine tune is a job well done....Looking forward to playing more games with these revisions. Only thing I have to figure out is what impact this will have on sliders that I used before this revision.

You have slider recommendations to begin with, knowing some users may revise them based on their own preferences?

Thanks to you and snash for your work and time spent on this project.....Well done indeed!

Your effort to fine tune is a job well done....Looking forward to playing more games with these revisions. Only thing I have to figure out is what impact this will have on sliders that I used before this revision.

You have slider recommendations to begin with, knowing some users may revise them based on their own preferences?

Thanks to you and snash for your work and time spent on this project.....Well done indeed!

I started with JR's slider set and have tinkered along the way, but nothing set in stone yet. If 2k gets a 3rd patch out that fixes a few more problems I'll put in the work to release a slider set that I am as happy with as I was with MVP.

But as a general thing you shouldn't see too much of a difference in game play but you hopefully will see the CPU take a few more pitches, and the catchers throw out a few less runners.

Hoop27...

Sounds as though we are very similar in sliders...I also use JRs with a few minor changes. Will use them for a while and see if I notice any drastic need to change. Having the CPU take a few more pitches and being able to steal a few times are in itself great improvements.

Archived