The Phrase "buzz Kill" Was Inspired By Mlb 2k9

Sarginto

Man, I really need to vent. I'm pitching a gem with Johan Santana against the Braves. I have a perfect game going through 8.1 innings. Casey Kotchman hits a can of corn to right field. Ryan Church has to run to his right a little bit, but instead of taking a direct path to the ball, he seems to move as though he's on a preset track, and instead of going towards the center of the circle, he's running towards the top of the circle. So of course, in classic 2k9 fashion, the ball takes a small bounce before entering his glove, ending all hope of a perfect game. After that, I drilled Francoeur in the head and quit the game. I just don't get it. Despite every effort to make him go straight to where the ball would land, he wouldn't budge. I have never thrown a perfect game in any baseball video game. I even had a no-hitter broken up in Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball on the last out. Talk about my luck huh? I swear to god, if I had one less shred of sanity inside of me, I would pick up my baseball bat, bash the monitor, bash my TV, hijack a wrecking ball, knock my building down, and ******* shoot the game DVD out of a mortar and hit some camel jockey in Iraq. I swear to god, if this ever happens again, I will rip my god damn jugular out and scream as loud as I can until someone realizes that this crap needs to be fixed.

Just to even get a no-hitter in any game, when MVP 2005 first came out, I had to use Pedro Martinez against the old Devil Rays and turn down all the sliders so their guys would be on par with tee ball players. I finally got one, but it was like successfully strangling a guy with no limbs. No glory in it whatsoever.

Well, ummmmm the whole point of a no-hitter, or a perfect game is that they should be very difficult to accomplish. I think I threw a perfect game in High Heat '01 with Kent Bottenfield at Pac Bell Park against the Giants. Not sure if I ever did it in MVP.

i pitched a perfect game in mvp 05 on rookie settings :D i also pitched a near perfect game on all star with beckett, an error by youkilis on first in 9th inning with two outs that was scored as a base hit.

i pitched three no-no's in 2k9 pre patch, two with beckett, one with matsuzaka with guru's sliders.

and i also hate when guys get doubles on easy flyouts and mess up my game.

Sorry to hear that man. :p

I took a no-no to the 7nd once and the same thing you had happened to me, that was with Zack Greinke.

I've thrown a no-hitter with Jamie Moyer once with MVP, wish i could play MVP, i get this error that mvp2005.exe doesnt work.

Don't know what to do with it. I got the original copy and i've installed and uninstalled it now for a couple of times but it just wont work.

I had to laugh at this, not because he lost a perfect game but for the way he described how he felt after losing it. I am here on this website every single day and I can say without any exaggeration here that I read about some new bug or problem with 2K9. It's because of threads like this that I decided not to ever buy this game.

I've had perfect games broken up Sarginto, but in my case it was because I made a mistake. Throwing a pitch in the wrong location to the wrong batter....whoops...base hit to left. There goes the no hitter. Making an error on an easy hit ground ball...ah, nice easy roller to short...throw it to first for the out now...WAIT...don't throw it wide...oh you son of a *&$^@. There goes the no hitter. Examples like that have caused me to lose no hitters. I'd rather have it be something that I did instead of the game.

I did have one no hit perfect game Sarginto and you can read about it right here. That game, as you can see, luck was on my side and I was not tempted at the end of the game to commit harm to my computer room.

I had a no hitter with one out in the seventh with Ryan Dempster. Lance Berkman hit a lazy flyball to Milton Bradley. I was in perfect position to catch the ball but you know what happened next. Bradley just stands there and the ball goes over his head for a double. This was after the patch. Ended up with a one hitter.

Man, I really need to vent. I'm pitching a gem with Johan Santana against the Braves. I have a perfect game going through 8.1 innings. Casey Kotchman hits a can of corn to right field. Ryan Church has to run to his right a little bit, but instead of taking a direct path to the ball, he seems to move as though he's on a preset track, and instead of going towards the center of the circle, he's running towards the top of the circle. So of course, in classic 2k9 fashion, the ball takes a small bounce before entering his glove, ending all hope of a perfect game. After that, I drilled Francoeur in the head and quit the game. I just don't get it. Despite every effort to make him go straight to where the ball would land, he wouldn't budge. I have never thrown a perfect game in any baseball video game. I even had a no-hitter broken up in Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball on the last out. Talk about my luck huh? I swear to god, if I had one less shred of sanity inside of me, I would pick up my baseball bat, bash the monitor, bash my TV, hijack a wrecking ball, knock my building down, and ******* shoot the game DVD out of a mortar and hit some camel jockey in Iraq. I swear to god, if this ever happens again, I will rip my god damn jugular out and scream as loud as I can until someone realizes that this crap needs to be fixed.

I usually try and run in front of the yellow circle (where the ball will land), instead of right to it. That way your fielder attempts a catch at waist or shoulder height. If not, the short hoppers are too frequent.

Also switching the dynamic indicator to "locked" really helps (as much as it can with 2k OF play) with slowdown and decreasing the glitch.

I understand your frustration with the no-no, I usually play with difficult sliders and I don;t think I've ever thrown a no-hitter with 3 years of High Heat, 4 years of MVP, and 3 years of 2k.

Has anybody dealed with numerous injuries in their franchises? because i was pitching with Burnett he gets a rotator cuff injury and is out for the year. Then a game later Pettite goes for me and he gets injuried and it said a shoulder injury and i knew it was probley bad. So i said screw it and just turned the game and put it in its bed (Game case)

I usually try and run in front of the yellow circle (where the ball will land), instead of right to it. That way your fielder attempts a catch at waist or shoulder height. If not, the short hoppers are too frequent.

Also switching the dynamic indicator to "locked" really helps (as much as it can with 2k OF play) with slowdown and decreasing the glitch.

I understand your frustration with the no-no, I usually play with difficult sliders and I don;t think I've ever thrown a no-hitter with 3 years of High Heat, 4 years of MVP, and 3 years of 2k.

If I'm running to a ball to my side and I try to get in front of the circle, often times the fielder will be too far in front and jump for the ball and miss.

I've never had an outfielder try and jump yet ... I didn;t know they could. *grin*

I have had OF.s running back to the wall on a hard hit and put their glove up. The bal sailed over them still, and I could not tell if it was just a weak attempt at a hopeful catch (as OF's will sometimes do), or if it was a ball that "should have" been caught.

You can never tell with 2k OF play ... and it's always been like that.

Well here's another one. I lead off with Jose Reyes and get a base hit. Awesome. I steal second. Great. I take two steps off second, and the pitch is thrown. The catcher tosses the ball back to the pitcher. Then, for some reason, Reyes does a Pete Rose slide back into second, and breaks his hand. Since Reyes is one of my big-time players, I had to think of how I would adjust my game plan. My game plan after that was as follows: Start button > Quit > Main Menu > Exit.

Well here's another one. I lead off with Jose Reyes and get a base hit. Awesome. I steal second. Great. I take two steps off second, and the pitch is thrown. The catcher tosses the ball back to the pitcher. Then, for some reason, Reyes does a Pete Rose slide back into second, and breaks his hand. Since Reyes is one of my big-time players, I had to think of how I would adjust my game plan. My game plan after that was as follows: Start button > Quit > Main Menu > Exit.

2 things ...

[1] Injuries are flawed on this game. There's far too many and for too great of duration. All of the threads about it signify to turn injuries OFF. While I would prefer to have injuries in the game, it's a feature that is not greatly missed.

[2] I've never seen or experienced the issue that you described ... the diving back into second without a pickoff being atempted. Is it possible that it is something with your controller?

I gotta admit, I don;t get too many weird things in my game. Perhaps b/c I usually play with the hurry up baseball feature ON.

Archived