Anyone Here Contributing To The 2k10 Thread Over @ 2k?

maddux31

Hey guys,

I was just browsing the threads for 2K9 over at their site. It appears the developers are getting or asking for massive input for their 2K10 release. This looks promising..I seriously hope they move towards the MVP and Show formats. I think next years will be a major improvement since the new dev team will have loads of time and massive input from the communities! I was encouraged seeing this today.

Hopefully this is a good sign for future development..but it also worries me they are asking for imput on 2k10, when all they need to do is read all the threads, we have posted on the problems with 2k9 to find out this info.Its pretty redundent when we have already posted all these complaints and suggestions in the 2k9 forums, are they unread? Oh and love the avitar I use that as my startup screen in 2k9 lol

Those guys are awful! 2 months into the game and they abandon it. I have a feeling 2K10 is gonna be just as bad.

Even when you take the broken game itself out of the equation, it's almost beyond belief how these guys do business.  I mean, are you kidding me?  How do you run and hide from your customers when you take their money for something that doesn't work, and then have the huevos to ASK for their input on the "new model"?  LOL

I guess it's ok if you have a set of these:

As I've said all along, I don't intend to disrespect anyone that has bought the game and is enjoying it, and I can understand nothing is perfect in this world, but what I don't understand is how 2K has addressed this whole situation with a product so bad that it's essentially 'stealing' from it's customers.

For example:  I bought a 360 for Christmas in 2006.  By the next summer, I got the all-doomed Red Ring of Death.  From my house, I called Customer Service, and within 7 days I had a brand new XBOX360 on my living room floor.  Problem solved, happy customer, I will continue to have faith in their product.  I can't speak for other countries, but this is how companies stay in business in the US.

An optional recall (get your money back, if you desire to return the game) would have been the answer. Not only was their product broken, THE PATCH DIDN'T WORK EITHER, and their entire answer was to run and hide, ignore the problem, and then start asking you to buy their new game.

Chrome Balls, folks.  That what you see in that picture.   B)

Even when you take the broken game itself out of the equation, it's almost beyond belief how these guys do business.  I mean, are you kidding me?  How do you run and hide from your customers when you take their money for something that doesn't work, and then have the huevos to ASK for their input on the "new model"?  LOL

2isegq9.jpg

As I've said all along, I don't intend to disrespect anyone that has bought the game and is enjoying it, and I can understand nothing is perfect in this world, but what I don't understand is how 2K has addressed this whole situation with a product so bad that it's essentially 'stealing' from it's customers.

For example:  I bought a 360 for Christmas in 2006.  By the next summer, I got the all-doomed Red Ring of Death.  From my house, I called Customer Service, and within 7 days I had a brand new XBOX360 on my living room floor.  Problem solved, happy customer, I will continue to have faith in their product.  I can't speak for other countries, but this is how companies stay in business in the US.

An optional recall (get your money back, if you desire to return the game) would have been the answer. Not only was their product broken, THE PATCH DIDN'T WORK EITHER, and their entire answer was to run and hide, ignore the problem, and then start asking you to buy their new game.

Couldn't have said it any better. The 2K forums are STACKED with complaints on 2k9, and now their like, "Ok guys let's 4get about 2k9 and let's proceed to 2k10. Ideas?"

They know what needs to be fixed, and their STILL asking about what bugs need to be fixed and so on. It's a disgrace, knowing that I wasted $20, and a good month and a half of PC Baseball on 2k9.

2isegq9.jpg

JR, I've been pretty vocal over at the 2k forums about the feedback threads being borderline offensive. This is for 2 reasons: [1] I have been active in the 2k7 and 2k8 forums and we've (the customers) have provided A TON of feedback about what needs fixed and what we'd like to see in the game. Almost all of those suggestions have not been addressed or inserted into the game. There is no shortage of feedback for what 2k customers want in the game.

IMO< the 2k10 feedback threads serve as a distraction and a way to remove all of the complains from page 1 of the main forum.

We give a ton of feedback and hear nothing in return. I enjoy 2k baseball, but the company is absolute trash in terms of customer communication. They ask for a lot from us, but never recirpocate the communication.

The game has been out for 2 monthes, and there are A LOT of request for a 3rd patch, and yet the response is to set up 15+ feedback threads for 2k10. That's crap.

I think it has a lot less to do with 2k having brass (or chrome) balls (or any balls at all), and more to do with their complete lack of understanding of customer support and/or communication.

I think it has a lot less to do with 2k having brass (or chrome) balls (or any balls at all), and more to do with their complete lack of understanding of customer support and/or communication

I can honestly tell you that I have never seen a company so blatantly ignore a flawed product and it's customer's demands to have it fixed.  It is down right appalling that they do absolutely nothing to amend it by either giving people their money back, or at least fix it enough for the customer base to be satisfied.

They put out a patch that didn't work, and then tried to deflect attention away from the issue by creating new threads about 2K10. If that doesn't take a monster set of coconuts, I have no idea what does.  I mean, it's either brazen, or it's sheer stupidity, it has to be one of the two.  And then to ignore the entire issue hoping "we" will forget is a direct insult to who's buying their product.

I could be wrong.  The ridiculous product they put out could in fact be an exact replica of their overall abilities to either make a game, or just run a business in general.  I really don't know.

In my opinion, if they want to "redeem" themselves and preserve what ever customer base they have, NBA, Hockey, whatever, they should sell or give up the MLB license to a company that's capable of producing a legit baseball game.  

I honestly don't know how they can get away with the way they are doing things.  

I honestly don't know how they can get away with the way they are doing things.  

I can think of two reasons right away. First, 2K knows you are going to go no where else for PC baseball. Take it or leave it is what they are saying and it is a message that is loud and clear by their actions. Secondly, either they don't care what they are doing by alienating their customers or that they can be that blind that they are unable to see what they are doing to these gamers.

i just think that they have a bad pr guy or agency or whatever. it's not just mlb2k9, they treated nba2k9 and mlb manager the same way. that admin ronnie or what's his name always tried to respond but he lacked information. programers probably don't give a **** bout customers, that's just a job for them, and game desingners are probably way to important (or they think they are) to adress the public. so we should blame it on a pr guy or pr agency if they exist. if they don't that would explain alot.

anyways, i don't get it. if they came out and blatantly said - "look, this is the first year we are doing this game, we took it over from a different developing team and we know we didn't do a very good job. we don't have time to make it better and we apologize for that, but we have to start working on next years game. we saw your comments bout mlb2k9 and we're gonna try to implement them in this game. if there's anything else you'd like please post it here", if they did that i would feel much better bout them, and i bet other customers would feel the same way. if you'd screwed up come out and say, don't hide and pretend it never happend and shut out people that scream that you did - and that's what some of the mods on that forum do.

phew. sorry for my bad grammar ;)

The biggest problem is there is not another option for most people without having to shell out a lot of money for a new system. So they have no motivation (other than pride in their work) to go balls out for their product.

Competition is a wonderful thing.

I can think of two reasons right away. First, 2K knows you are going to go no where else for PC baseball. Take it or leave it is what they are saying and it is a message that is loud and clear by their actions. Secondly, either they don't care what they are doing by alienating their customers or that they can be that blind that they are unable to see what they are doing to these gamers.

The real issue is the exclusive deal to produce an MLB video game.

People complained about 2k7 ... and still bought 2k8.

People complained about 2k8 ... and still bought 2k9.

People complained about 2k9 ... and will still buy 2k10.

Everyone gets up in arms, and then March comes around and everyone needs updated rosters, and gets the itch ... and they buy it.

At this point, I think some cistomers buy it just for the sheer "joy" of spending a summer on the forums whining.

I've enjoyed each game for what it is, a 7/10 game. I bought 2k9 only because it was $20 ... and have enjoyed it and continue to enjoy it ... even with the suspended reality that it requires ... or the tons of work it requires on part of the customer.

I have not been a big fan of the "it's a good foundation for next year" type of line that gets thrown around every year. But, I do have more confidence in Visual Concepts than I do the previous makers. There are quite a few base concepts that could easily be refined for improvements, and there are some features from the past that to be brought back and ... as every year ... ther is real potential for a 9/10 game. The controls keep me pretty entertained, and I have a slider set that works with my style for good games.

I'm thinking of Hardball series that got outcompeted by HH and MVP. I'm thinking of how much MVP improved when pushed by HH/3DO, and I think about how much more improved 2k baseball would be if there was a compeititor out there driving quality combined with innovation.

Maybe the number of people buying a PS3 and MLB09 will serve as such a motivator, but that's unlikely. At some point, 2k has to just decide to stop trying to get so flashy and get their ADD under control, and focus on basic high-quality gameplay and THEN go after features that are simply extras.

The PR was fine when they were making game trailors, tv commercials, promotional advertisements, etc.  Everything was in working order before they had your money.  In fact, it looks like they're campaigning again for their new title.

I don't buy any excuses as to how they've handled the whole situation.  I didn't even spend money on this game, so to me it's just the idea that they think they can get away with this kind of business/service and continue to operate.

It's outrageous.

they think they can get away with this kind of business/service and continue to operate.

THey [1] can, and [2] they have.

I say that as a 3-year "vet" of 2k baseball and their forums. I've been pretty active with their forums, and franchises, and worked a lot with Darkspace on 2k8 sliders, etc because this is what I do in place of watching tv. The company does not communicate at all, with their customers. Just a little communication could go A LONG way.

THey leave poor ron and the other mods to "walk behind the elephant" cleaning up the mess without any public support or assistance.

As one whose career depends on effective communication, the exclusive deal is the only reason I can come up with that allows for no communication to be an acceptable business practice.

The real issue is the exclusive deal to produce an MLB video game.

People complained about 2k7 ... and still bought 2k8.

People complained about 2k8 ... and still bought 2k9.

People complained about 2k9 ... and will still buy 2k10.

Everyone gets up in arms, and then March comes around and everyone needs updated rosters, and gets the itch ... and they buy it.

This right here shows why that this is not entirely 2K's fault because no matter what they have put out, people have purchased it. So why should they bother? 2K has the security blanket that is the exclusive contract they have with MLB and because of that they don't need to bother to pay attention to what people want? The fans they say? HA HA. We'll just make some cool looking promo videos for the new game and they'll eat it up and they'll buy the game once again. And that's what happens all the time. Why should 2K try in this scenario? They have the monopoly in this and all they have to do is keep quiet when people complain because they know damn well that with all the complaining that they do, they'll be back the next year. Where else are they going? :(

PC Gamers on this site have had very bad luck since after Mvp 05 was released. EA lost their license after 05 and it severely affected us. I believe that if EA never had lost this very important right to make baseball games, we would have had many improvements in the MVP series. Maybe Mvp 06 would have had forty man rosters in September for example. But we never got that chance. And then when we finally get another PC game we got this game by a company who shows by their actions that they don't give a sh**.

MVP, if continued to be made by EA with an exclusive deal, might also have gone stale and/or had problems with next gen graphics/models, etc.

From what I understand Madden has decreased in quality each year (I haven't played FB games since 2k5).

EA gets a lot of credit for MVP05, but really HH gave them no choice but to improve or be outcompeted.

I would imagine that the tendency for ANY company with an exclusive deal is to slack off more than they would if there is healthy competition .... unless, of course, they're making a game out of love for the sport ... but those guys are making OOTP, DM, BM, etc.

Eddie Dombrower (EA/Earl Weaver Baseball) is one of the only developers I have heard speak out of making a great video game because they love the sport and wanted to represent it with high quality. I think for most others, it's just a job.

EA didn't give a damn about their sports titles on the PC in the last few years before they quit. Madden and Live were horrible console ports, lacking many of the features of their Next-Gen counterparts. They should have been ashamed of the garbage they put out. "Here you go PC gamers... Enjoy."

MVP 05 was their best sports PC title. I would welcome them back in the PC baseball game market, IF they are going to take it seriously.

We will see if 2K goes down the same route.

Good Day. :hi:

In fairness, the 2K dev team is brand new to this years title. I am not defending the game nor the company for that matter, however, they say they did not have the full amount of time needed for taking over this project. I am just hoping, that next years will be better and that they will listen to all of the baseball sim communities and their input. We can hope. I will give them one last shot next year, after that?

In fairness, the 2K dev team is brand new to this years title. I am not defending the game nor the company for that matter, however, they say they did not have the full amount of time needed for taking over this project. I am just hoping, that next years will be better and that they will listen to all of the baseball sim communities and their input. We can hope. I will give them one last shot next year, after that?

how many 2nd chances can they get, its not like this is there 1st baseball game, and i think that the problems are on all the systems, not just pc.

i like 2k9 but to me 2k7 played better, now i did have it for xbox so i know u cant really compare it but come on

just what i think, i know someone will say im wrong

how many 2nd chances can they get, its not like this is there 1st baseball game, and i think that the problems are on all the systems, not just pc.

i like 2k9 but to me 2k7 played better, now i did have it for xbox so i know u cant really compare it but come on

just what i think, i know someone will say im wrong

I won;t say you're wrong, and I often get tired of hearing excuses also. But, the other side of the coin is VS took over on 2k9 in something like late july or august. The folks thinking that VC was going to come in and produce a game twice as good in half the time, we're fooling themselves (and others). I think there was a lot more needed on 2k7/8, then what was anticipated.

Still, with 2k, there's always "somthing" that gets in the way of realizing and fulfilling the games's potential.

but most of us don't have a problem with this. i'm not that pissed that this game sucks, i'm pissed becouse they are hiding under the rock, ignoring customers and pretending everything is ok, ant then have the nerve to come out and ask for help for the next year edition. if this was not a company but a person most guys would send them to hell and/or punch him in the face for being an ***hole.

but most of us don't have a problem with this. i'm not that pissed that this game sucks, i'm pissed becouse they are hiding under the rock, ignoring customers and pretending everything is ok, ant then have the nerve to come out and ask for help for the next year edition. if this was not a company but a person most guys would send them to hell and/or punch him in the face for being an ***hole.

I tend to agree, but this isn't the entire company asking.

2K Admin Ron is a company representative (and from what I have noticed, fairly low on the information pole) and doesn't represent the interests of the entire company. I'm betting that 2K Sports or VC don't even know he posted that "give us feedback on things you want to see fixed" folder.

I'm pissed just like the rest of you, but remember Ron is just as clueless as we are and may not have the final word on whether there will be a patch.

I tend to agree, but this isn't the entire company asking.

2K Admin Ron is a company representative (and from what I have noticed, fairly low on the information pole) and doesn't represent the interests of the entire company. I'm betting that 2K Sports or VC don't even know he posted that "give us feedback on things you want to see fixed" folder.

I'm pissed just like the rest of you, but remember Ron is just as clueless as we are and may not have the final word on whether there will be a patch.

My gut feeling is that Ron was instructed to form those feedbacks thread, both for actual feedback and to have a method for deleted all the complain threads in the main forum and then being able to direct the complaints to the "*cough* feedback threads". Right before the feedback threads were formed the whol epage 1 on the main forum were just the same old complaints. There were many posters that claimed to be playing the show and/or not playing 2k9 that were polluting the site with the same old threads even though the smae thread existed 2 threads below the one they just created.

I also wonder if Ron knows what's going on and is instructed not to say anything. Saying that there will be no 3rd patch and that they are concentrating on 2k10 would be throwing gas on the fire. My feeling is they are doing the smae as they did with 2k7/8, and letting the complaint threads die out (or delete posters) and then all interest is lost once NCAA and NFL football games start hitting the shelves.

Archived