Bleeding Cubbie Blue

Mathew

3586650928_6c6ea68e53.jpg

Hello and Welcome my 2009 Chicago Cubs Dynasty. I plan on posting stats and as many game updates as I can. I will be playing through every single came of the 2009 season. I will be accepting trades and initiating trades as it gets more towards the deadline. The alterations i'm using are; MVP08, KG's 7.1+, 2009 Portraits, Citi Field, MVPSavRead, & The Spungos 2009 Uniforms. At the moment I don't have any sliders i'm using. I will note any transactions worth noting as well as injuries. I hope I get some followers as well as in input from everyone. This is my first stab at playing a entire season so wish me luck. PLAY BALL!

3586650264_190acd6265.jpg

Opening Day 2009 for the Cubbies wasn't a good one. Z gave up 6 runs in 1.2 innings pitched. The three pitchers who came in on relief didn't fair any better. As if the mind numbing 16 - 6 rout of the cubs wasn't enough Carlos Zambrano left early on in the game with a minor concussion that will leave him out for the next 11 games. Below you will find the opening day stats of both teams...

Cubs

3586678420_90172c073f_o.jpg

Brewers

3586678422_dfa4570cea_o.jpg

Look great so far, good luck with the Cubbies, NorthPaw.   B)

You going to be using the Boxscore Extractor as well?

Your read my mind joe! I was just thinking how i could get individual game information. Could you please point me to the correct link?

As a cardinals fan, I hate the Cubs. On the other hand, my 8yo son loves em (The "Blue Disease" as it's known in my house). But, I gotta admit that "cubbie" logo in this thread is very nice, as is the one used on the 84 jerseys. The Cubs need to get that logo back as an arm patch or on the road alt jerseys in place of the big C and the wandering cub.

As a cardinals fan, I hate the Cubs. On the other hand, my 8yo son loves em (The "Blue Disease" as it's known in my house). But, I gotta admit that "cubbie" logo in this thread is very nice, as is the one used on the 84 jerseys. The Cubs need to get that logo back as an arm patch or on the road alt jerseys in place of the big C and the wandering cub.

I'd love to see that logo on any jersey the cubs wear. I can't believe you let your son be a cubs fan. :p

Big Z got lit up ... oh, the poor Gatorade machine. *grin*

As for my son .... he's hopeless. Infected ... destined to live a life filled with disappointment. Heart-breaking, really. We did have a pretty cool encounter with Soriano. We're at a Cubs game during Fukudome's rookie season, and we got good seats down by the Cubs dugout, so in the pregame it's me and him and a bunch of Asian guys who are only there to see Kosuke. Soriano walks by and Jacob is yelling "Alfonso! Alfonso! Alfonso!", Soriano looks at Jacob, points at him, and then gives him the "Spiderman/Rock-On" hand gesture. Now Soriano is immortalized in a fathead in my son's Cubbie Blue bedroom ... which looks very awkward in a house that features my Cardinal Red office adorned with lots of Cardinal framed/signed memorabilia and my own perosnal shrine to myself with all my old jerseys, gameballs, pictures, etc.

Weird house. But, I let em root for who he wants. My "everyone else but the Cardinals sucks" dad still thinks he can be cured. Not a chance. Once a Cubbie, always a Cubbie. Even I know that. Matter of fact, he was very disappointed to be drafted #1 by the Astros in his youth league (Avatar to the left, SS/P). "The Astros? They suck". Normally, you don't let an 8yo say "suck" .... but, he's right.

I promise not to pollute your franchise thread with any more of my personal baseball talk.

So when I went to do the box score extractor but all the names and roster is wrong. What exactly am I doing wrong?

You're running it per the instructions in the README?

-----------------------------------------

Play a game.

At the end of the game where it has the options to look at the box score or quit, choose quit.

If it was an exhibition game, it takes you back to the menu.

If it is a season game, it takes you to a menu where it gives you another chance to look at the box score.

Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Escape, or whatever to minimize the game.

Run the BoxScoreExtractor program.

For Future Reference, here's the Boxscore Extractor Support thread. If you ever run into any problems, it might be already discussed in here.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=20427&hl=

3592511447_c340cce954.jpg

0 - 3 cubs need pitching pitching pitching. Its something the cubs have lacked this far into the season. If their top three starters continue to work this way they will be in deep trouble and in trade talks early. The staff has given up 44 runs in 27.0IP. This is a rough start but hopefully we can turn it around as Houston comes into town for a 3 game weekend series.

Yeah, Soriano does that spiderman sign to everyone. He is freakin worthless, don't let your son like him. He is a piece of garbage of a baseball player. Sell the fathead!!!:D

My son is 8yo. The rule of an 8yo is "Whoever has the coolest bat waggle is your favorite player".

It applied when I was a kid also ... as my favorite player was Jose Cruz of the Astros, who held the bat high, waved it back and forth, AND had a high-step front leg.

I will say about Soriano, that he has natural ability that very few have. He has to be one of the most lazy and/or lackidasical players ever, because someone with his ability and attributes should be much better and/or more consistent. No one that small should have his power or to be able to weild a bat that big , so fast through the zone. But, geez, he does swing at horrible pitches. He seems to have become complacent and just accepted that he'll show up everyday and whatever happens ... happens.

When he's inspired, he's something else.

My son is 8yo. The rule of an 8yo is "Whoever has the coolest bat waggle is your favorite player".

It applied when I was a kid also ... as my favorite player was Jose Cruz of the Astros, who held the bat high, waved it back and forth, AND had a high-step front leg.

I will say about Soriano, that he has natural ability that very few have. He has to be one of the most lazy and/or lackidasical players ever, because someone with his ability and attributes should be much better and/or more consistent. No one that small should have his power or to be able to weild a bat that big , so fast through the zone. But, geez, he does swing at horrible pitches. He seems to have become complacent and just accepted that he'll show up everyday and whatever happens ... happens.

When he's inspired, he's something else.

Good assessment of Soriano. Spot on. :hi:

Dude, Trade Aaron Heilman, It will be for your own good.
Yeah Heilman is garbage too. Actually, trade away the whole team, except Theriot. Get Holliday from the A's, put him in left, keep A-ram, put Hoff at 1st, trade for Brian Roberts at 2b, keep Reed in center, and put Fukudome at rf. I hate Soto, but you can do whatever you want at Catcher. Keep the starting rotation, except trade Marshall, keep Wells, trade Gregg and Marmol. Restructure the entire  bullpen. Trade some prospects like Fox, etc, but make sure you keep Vitters. There you go, you will now win the world series. Try putting Harden at closer, has amazing stuff, but can't stay off the dl, just like Kerry.

Aaron Heilman has a special place in our house. He's the guy that gave up the "series winning" HR to Yadi in 2006. His place in our house is right next to Tom "Home Run" Niedenfuer (who gave up Ozzie's GW HR -- 'Go Crazy Folks' in Game 5, AND Jack Clark's in Game 6 ... 85 NLCS). I can still see Pedro Guererro slamming his glove down in LF as the ball travelled over the LF fence at Dodger Stadium.

I would only have him on the squad to throw BP ... he seems to do that very well.

Archived