Bleeding Cubbie Blue

Mathew

Yeah Heilman is garbage too. Actually, trade away the whole team, except Theriot. Get Holliday from the A's, put him in left, keep A-ram, put Hoff at 1st, trade for Brian Roberts at 2b, keep Reed in center, and put Fukudome at rf. I hate Soto, but you can do whatever you want at Catcher. Keep the starting rotation, except trade Marshall, keep Wells, trade Gregg and Marmol. Restructure the entire  bullpen. Trade some prospects like Fox, etc, but make sure you keep Vitters. There you go, you will now win the world series. Try putting Harden at closer, has amazing stuff, but can't stay off the dl, just like Kerry.

Not looking to do a fantasy draft. trying to keep it as sim as possible.

• 1 month later...

After updating all the rosters with the recent trades and signings, I finally caught up to this season. (I'm actually one game ahead) I decided I would start up the presentation again.

3762497148_69aab80f6c_o.jpg

Shortly after the All-Star break the cubs have a solid lead in the National League Central Division. They are 5 games ahead of second place Milwaukee and 7 games a head of division rival St. Louis.

3761770591_75ddee945b_o.jpg

Last nights game was a good one for Derek Lee going 3 - 4 with 2 HR, a 2B, and 4 RBIs on the game. Milton bradley also chimed in with a homer of his own going back to back with lee in the bottom of the 4th. Rich harden improved his record to 7-9 with the W for 6.0IP on 5 hits with 3 ER and 3 strikeouts.

(click the photos to see full MLB standings & full box score)

3763457484_2d04e0c2aa_o.jpg

The Cubbies take a 2 -0 lead in their series with against the Astros. Another great game for this offense they are now firing on all cylinders. Derek Lee hit his 26th HR of the season along with Aramis Ramirez hitting the long ball for his 20th HR on the year. Sean Marshall improved his record to 5 - 1 on the season going all 9 innings giving up 6 hits on 3 runs with 10 big K's. It shows a team's strength when they can bring up some guys from their farm system to fill in the holes. Tomorrow the cubbies go for the series sweep and look to improve their division lead.

I'm currently working the dynasties website using SavReader. I'm going to try to make everything click-able and accurate as I can. Hopefully that will tie in across the board with the Box Score extractor files as well.

(as always click on the image for full box score)

Dude, Trade Aaron Heilman, It will be for your own good.

3766474549_0367b59e6b_o.jpg

Speak of the devil. Today I received this email in my inbox regard how unhappy Aaron Heilman is with his situation.

Reply:

To whom it may concern,

It is very close to the trade deadline. I have and never had any intentions on reworking his contract until the offseason. I know its hard being on a team that is leading their division by 6 games. There is no room on this roster for unrest or any sort of emotion that would bring about distractions for this club house. So if Mr. Heilman would like to be a man of his word and stay through this season. We'll just have to see how he does for the rest of the year and then we may talk contracts then again we may not.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sims

GM Of the Chicago Cubs.

Just wanted to let everyone know I have finally got the entire site up for this dynasty. It will be updated weekly for every category. It's the only one i've seen completely published top to bottom so It is something that will hopefully make this dynasty unique. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

The Site

Just wanted to let everyone know I have finally got the entire site up for this dynasty. It will be updated weekly for every category. It's the only one i've seen completely published top to bottom so It is something that will hopefully make this dynasty unique. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

The Site

That.Is.Awesome.

I don't know what else to say.

Wow, I appreciate it guys I started to think that everyone just gave up on following this thing.

Like I said I plan on updating it weekly so everyone can see all the stats. For some reason the league leaders are way off. It's best to look at the team pages to see their actual numbers.

3775794600_b4b0bd6669_o.jpg

CHICAGO -- The Cubs and Sean Marshall finally got some left-handed relief.

The Cubs acquired left-handed pitchers John Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday in exchange for Kevin Hart, Jose Ascanio.

The deal was not completed until Hart had finished his start on Thursday, picking up the win in the Cubs' 12-3 romp over the Houston Astros. The right-hander gave up three runs on six hits over six innings, then got the news.

"It's definitely a first for me," Hart said. "They didn't tell me in the third [inning], and I'm glad about that. They waited. I'm not sure what they knew."

Cubs general manager Jim Hendry said he had been in talks for a long time with Pirates GM Neal Huntington about Grabow. Marshall was the only left-hander in the Cubs' pen, and has a 1.25 ERA in 29 games in relief. During the Cubs' recent series in Philadelphia, he joked with former Chicago pitcher Scott Eyre that he could use some help. Now, he's got it.

"When he's in trouble, he has a good knack of getting out of trouble," Hendry said of Grabow. "He's pitched in eighth and ninth innings now for a few years. We thought it was a good complement for Marshall."

Hendry said they were concerned that Marshall would get worn out down the stretch, especially if he has to get warmed up, then sit.

"To get another lefty of that caliber, I think, is essential," Hendry said.

Grabow, 30, had a 3.42 ERA in 45 games for the Pirates, including 16 holds. Right-handers were batting .234 against him, while lefties were hitting .275. He was to join the Cubs in Florida on Friday.

"It gives us options as a lefty, and a pretty good one," Cubs closer Kevin Gregg said of Grabow. "He's been around, he knows how to pitch late in games with the game on the line. It'll be good for Sean to be able to take a breather every now and then. It seems like he's been pitching every day. It'll be nice to use each other to get some rest."

Gorzelanny, a native of Evergreen Park, Ill., was pitching at Triple-A Indianapolis, where he was 4-3 with a 2.48 ERA in 15 starts. In his latest outing Monday, he gave up two runs on seven hits over 6 2/3 innings and struck out six. He was with the big league team from mid May to early June.

"Pitching, you can't say enough about it," Gregg said. "The good teams have pitching. If he comes up and pitches the way he can, he'll definitely help us."

For now, Gorzelanny will be assigned to the Cubs' Triple-A Iowa roster. He could fill the rotation spot vacated by Hart, who was filling in for Ted Lilly, on the disabled list with inflammation in his shoulder. Cubs manager Lou Piniella and pitching coach Larry Rothschild could figure out the rotation on the plane ride to Miami on Thursday.

Former Pirates general manager Dave Littlefield, now a special assistant to Hendry, had scouted Gorzelanny in the Minors. The lefty won 14 games in 2007, his first full season in the Majors. When Hendry talked to the left-hander, he said, "Gorzelanny seemed like the happiest guy on the planet."

"We've always liked him," Hendry said. "Dave Littlefield feels he's back on the path to where he was."

Apparently, Huntington has been interested in acquiring Hart for some time, but the Cubs needed more than Grabow to make the deal.

"When Teddy went down," Hendry said, "Hart couldn't go in any deal unless we were getting more than another reliever."

The Cubs have had to deal with a string of injuries, most recently losing Lilly and outfielder Reed Johnson (fractured foot). So far, they've filled in internally, but they don't have any left-handed pitching options in the Minor Leagues. They did sign B.J. Ryan after he was released by the Toronto Blue Jays, and he was to make his second outing for Triple-A Iowa on Thursday night.

"It's way too early to tell when or if [Ryan] will be ready to help us in the near future," Hendry said.

It was an emotional day for Hart, who was congratulated for the win, then had to say goodbye as his teammates headed for the bus.

"It's one of those things where you never want to get traded, especially from a team that's in first place and a team that's playing so well," Hart said. "A lot of these guys I came up with. I've been through it before and that helps a little bit. It's a great opportunity for me in Pittsburgh. Hopefully, I'll be pitching here in a couple weeks."

I know i'm missing a player but I couldn't find harrison on any of my rosters. Sorry for the shitty overlay.

Well, Luckily I get Ryan Theriot back after tomorrows game. I'm thinking of keeping Andres Blanco though he has hit .312 since being called up. I'll put him at second and send Fontenot down. His speed has been real helpful as of late. I'll have to compare stats more though so I can make a educated decision.

I wonder if the Cubs' decision to go after 2 lefties has anything to do with the Cardinals being traditional poor against LHP. Nobody could make Glendon Rusch (when he was a Cub) look better than he was.

The difference is that guys like Ankiel and Edmonds have been replaced by RHB's DeRosa and Holliday in the current lineup (against lefties), but there's still Schumaker and Rasmus.

I am really looking forward to this CHC-StL race ... especially with CHC embarking on a 10-game road trip right now.

In head-2-head games, it will be interesting to see the back-n-forth between Lou and Tony, and seeing how Tony tries to outsmart everyone by how he staggers his lineup (alternating LHB and RHB). We've already seen some of that this year with Lou putting Marshall in LF to combat some of Tony's moves.

He robbed me of so many plays in the outfield. The only run I got was when their pitcher walked the bases loaded then walked one home. His glove was on fire that game. Also Maybin took a liking to keeping my hits off the board as well.

TheRiot Returns

3778203111_681b28980c_o.jpg

3778209829_dfda80f191_o.jpg

Tom Gorzelanny made his Chicago Cubs debut and the future looks bright. Gorzelanny pitched 6.0IP gave up 5 hits with no runs and a strike out. He proved he was worthy of a spot in the cubs starting rotation. The cubbie's brought out their bats as they hit for a combined 5 HR's off of Cincinnati left hander Aaron Harang. On a side note Kosuke Fukudome hit a career high with 3 SB's in a game. It always helps when you can get those base runners into scoring position.

(as always click the image to see full box score)

Yeah, his 30 Home runs thus far have really helped us out a lot. It's looking like he will be reaching 40 this year at the pace he is going. I'm going to start resting him more though just to keep him fresh for what I hope will be a deep post season run.

3782121145_31f4bae33f_o.jpg

3782930504_c7fbae5bc3_o.jpg

Demps basically gave the reds the game tonight. In 2.1IP he gave up 6 runs on 7 hits while only throwing 28 pitches and ballooning his ERA to 3.62. After he got the hook it took 5 cubs relief pitchers to even come close. The cubbies came back and tied it up in the 3rd buts that's were the offense would stop. It's disappointing when your offense goes out there and gets you six runs and your staff just can't close the door.

We will travel to coors field to start a four game series with the Rockies to round out this road trip.

Archived